• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting developments planned just across the straits from Senibong :smile:

Seletar Regional Centre, for example, will be a major employment node for people living in the north and north east. There'll be more land for new business activities when the existing shipyard facilities in Sembawang are phased out.[/INDENT]

With the phasing out of Sembawang shipyard, this seems a removal of one big minus for the development around Senibung cove area.

senibong

Terrace too. Neighbour?!? hahaha

Hi we r looking at a phase 1 terrace on resale mkt. We really love this place n have been holding back due to the following & appreciate any valuable insights. 1. maintenance of the river & estate? Friends from JB warned that developers not doing proper maintenance work after a few years. 2. Security of living in senibong? 3. the heavy traffic from CIQ to Senibong? May be we can be neighbours soon too :O) Thanks in advance

fyironman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi we r looking at a phase 1 terrace on resale mkt. We really love this place n have been holding back due to the following & appreciate any valuable insights. 1. maintenance of the river & estate? Friends from JB warned that developers not doing proper maintenance work after a few years. 2. Security of living in senibong? 3. the heavy traffic from CIQ to Senibong? May be we can be neighbours soon too :O) Thanks in advance

1. Maintenance - If All developers not doing proper maintenance work after few years, then buy everywhere also the same, then why bother?
2. Security - I notice the guard at the main entrance entrance is holding PDRM badge, r u real police? BTW, many Datuk, MPJB head stay there, so security should be good.
3. Traffic - There is highway all the way connected from you door to CIQ, so ...

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Senibong, I believe u may find the answers to ur concerns in the informative Senibong Cove website: http://www.senibongcove.my/community/

Honestly, I have seldom seen any other developer take pains to set out in their website such detailed considerations on community-related concerns.

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

IMHO,
1. estate management depends on the community which in senibong will be managed by MC jointly with developer as long as developer's project is ongoing. thereafter it will be handed over to residents. could be faster depending on development progress (correct me if wrong). so no problem here. but the river......we have no control as it is public property. think developer has some maintenance done in the form of working with the orang asli on bio balls to make the river water cleaner and less smelly.

2. Security.....is the same everywhere and depends on how much the MC spends on guards and river patrols. All I can say is if you pay peanuts....you know what you'll get in the end.

3. Traffic is expected to be heavy but I guess its better nowdays due to the second bridge at Permas Jaya. This bridge is the only link from the east coast to JB so expect to see heavy traffic during peak hours. But the best part is that there is no traffic lights from senibong to CIQ so could be quite smooth if traffic is ok.

senibong

Hi fyironman, thanks, looking forward to buying one, the one we last saw has just been sold!!!! alamak! Must act faster next time, I think the recent cooling measures in singapore sped up the sale, as per the agents, many sporeans going in to buy now :O(

senibong

Hi frogman, thanks for your useful insights!!! We are going to view a few more as the one we were looking at has just been sold!!! I guess early birds get the worms!! Hope to be able to finalise one soon. Thanks again!!!!

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mean to pour "cold water" but just to share some insight from feng shui aspect. SC is nice but it is situated at ex-abandoned pond which are largely black soil. It is pretty bad for the health on long term basis due to the high level of "water" contained in the soil (despite the reclaimation and reclaimation would need time to settle from FS aspect).You can google to see the soil condition 2 years ago...

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
..couple with the effect from the sharp and huge structure nearby at sembawang and the water quality of the river, purely from the FS aspect, it is not ideal for own stay unless one has a very good bazi that can counter all these negatives. For investment, it is no issue..

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm no FS expert, but nevertheless an interesting point which could be valid if the reclamation is done poorly and hastily. However this developer has a 40-year track record in waterfront developments, so I wouldn't be too concerned about them cutting corners or not having done proper soil tests and ground conditioning.

As for river water quality, it certainly looked good when I visited, no floating debris, no smell, no unusual colour (although I have not taken samples for lab tests, but this is immaterial unless swimming in the river is part of the agenda)...and looking at the google maps, there does not seem to be slums or large swathes of unregulated industry upstream that could be a source of concern... besides I don't think any reputable developer would stake its reputation on taking on a site that has poor environmental factors, especially when this is its first project in the region. Across the straits, the Sembawang shipyard is already slated to move out, how soon I don't know.

homobium

Hi Sandy! You are in which phase? yellow horizon or maple red? I heard from my contractor saying that maple red type C3 cluster had one with a private pool, is that yours?? This is so freaking cool to have a private pool! How i wish i could afford that...
can i pay a visit to look at your house?:o:smile:

SINGIRL

Hi everyone, new to this forum. Here is a slightly paranoid question - what do you guys think is the threat of tsunamis or flooding in the senibong cove area? There is an assurance on the SC website that the land is reclaimed and raised higher than historic flood levels, but with global warming and tsunamis that can easily change. Not panicking, just trying to understand the geography and would be very interested if anyone has already researched this. Thanks

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, new to this forum. Here is a slightly paranoid question - what do you guys think is the threat of tsunamis or flooding in the senibong cove area? There is an assurance on the SC website that the land is reclaimed and raised higher than historic flood levels, but with global warming and tsunamis that can easily change. Not panicking, just trying to understand the geography and would be very interested if anyone has already researched this. Thanks

God forbids, of course, this is possible but rare. All coastal cities and habitats near the oceans, seas, rivers and lakes are exposed to these kind of risks.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Flood risk: the developer has addressed this. If you still have doubts, then just buy somewhere inland.

Tsunami risk: if you ask me, the risk is almost zero. Why, start by looking at the map where SC is located and then look up where the closest earthquake faultlines are on the map; FYI, the closest faultlines are along west Sumatera stretching up into the Andaman Sea, and east of the Philippines in the Pacific Ocean. If you draw a straight line from these locations to where SC is, you will notice that there is no direct line. This is a simplistic way to assess the risk IMO but I believe has merit. Again, if you feel at risk, buy inland.