• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello I just found a good contractor in Johor. After goin through 6 or 7 contractors, I almost given up. The contractors in Johor can ruthless and scrupulous if you are not careful. I recently engaged zest design and construction company. Tel 0189057678. The boss is victor. My house is in adda heights. I got them to build a swimming pool and upper floor extension approx. 1500sft extension.good luck

Hi ,
Possible to let me know how much to built a swimming pool ? Thks

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
A number of members from the forum have asked me privately the reasons why I decided on SC.

For the benefit of all, here are my general answers:

Purpose of purchase: To stay

Criteria satisfied:
- Lifestyle environment (a riverside + coastal/waterfront enviroment incorporating common boardwalks accessible to all residents with planned marina + f&b amenities in upcoming phases; laid-back non-urban/non-built-up setting)
- Accesibility (mere 8-10 minute drive from Causeway CIQ without a single traffic light, with dedicated exit along East Coast highway; direct connectivity to EDL and N-S Highway)
- Security: gated and guarded (condo has 3-tier - i. main entrance to SC, ii. condo entrance, iii. lift/lobby-access)
- Amenities (3-mins drive to Jusco Permas hypermarket - important to me because I would like to prepare my own meals using whole, fresh produce); I also understand there are a number of seafood restaurants in the Senibong-Permas area although I have not personally visited any myself but looking forward to explore and discover.
- established Australian developer known in for its speciality in waterfront developments incorporating lifestyle components with projects not just in Aussieland but also in USA (I'm not aware of any M'sian, or even S'pore, developer with such extensive specialized experience)(Walker gp better pay me for this advertisement! Lol!!!).
- restrictions on structural modifications to external facades of homes, both landed and otherwise, thereby preserving harmony in the aesthetics of the development as a whole and avoiding a rojak appearance: unlike many M'sian housing estates which look neat and beautiful due to the uniform design and paintwork when completed, but slowly degenerate into mish-mash appearance when the owners start renovating and doing all kinds of extensions and modifications to the external facades of their homes (it's fine if the modifications are tastefully done, but sadly, many have 'obiyang' taste - with due respect), this will not happen at SC due to a restrictive covenant binding all owners. I can tell you that it is n ot uncommon in many M'sian estates to have neighbours fromm hell who perform all kinds of horrendously designed renovations to their homes which are more functional in adding space but having little by way of aesthetics - in other words: they're UGLY functional additions which just devalue the neighbourhood as a whole)
- [this one is particular for me] spacious balcony (mine is a condo unit) that is east-facing - ideal for my yoga exercises at day-break.

These are my personal reasons when making my decision and are waht I can think of for now. Not all these reasons may apply to you however. So, do bear in mind the purpose of purchase etc etc.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi jetstream,

you bought the senibong cove residence right? mind to share the selling price?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like we can expect more developments in the east going forward...

Here's a excerpt from an article in the Star dated 8 Dec 2012 (http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?sec=business&file=/2012/12/8/business/12426789):

"TAN Sri Lim Kang Hoo was beaming with excitement to show off his grand plan for the makeover of Johor Baru when StarBizWeek met him for an interview recently.

He had just got the plans approved for the makeover of the central business district (CBD) and the eastern side of the tip of Johor Baru (JB). The makeover of the CDB will change the face of several streets such as Jalan Wong Ah Fook, Jalan Segget, Jalan Ibrahim, and Jalan Meldrum which now house buildings that have been abandoned for a long time.

On the eastern side or the Tebrau coast, he wants to create a lifestyle haven similar to that of the Gold Coast in Australia. He is hoping to attract expatriates who are going to work at the oil and gas hub that is taking shape in Pengerang to reside at the Tebrau coast.

The next thing on his plate after developing certain plots of land in Danga Bay is the Tebrau Coast. Danga Bay will be developed into a premier waterfront destination with features such as a cruise ship terminal, marina, fisherman's wharf and tower blocks to house commercial offices, hotels, exhibition and convention centres, and residential properties.

“We were asked to do a master plan for the eastern corridor and now we have obtained the approvals. It is only right to now tackle the east side after we have developed some parts of the west side (Danga Bay) and are also going to begin works on the CBD,” he says.

Tebrau Coast will replicate the Gold Coast model where there will be high rise buildings comprising apartments, hotels, commercial buildings and also retail outlets.

We will be working with the Australian Walker Group on this over a 81ha site. The lifestyle product in Gold Coast is selling like hot cakes and we want the same concept here.
“We also have a joint venture with DiJaya Corp to develop the land over 81ha there,” he adds. All these developments will be built over 15 years."

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys! I am signing S&P this saturday for the Wateredge apartments. Seems like a nice development ..glad to hear positive comments from Jetsream.

CaseyOng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

We recently also bought a unit in the 2nd phase which should be ready by end 2014? :p We looked around but found that this was our ideal retirement place .... which shouldn't be too far off. We like the ambiance of the place and the fact that it's close to the river and the strait. Very breezy the last few times we visited it. Can't wait to move in.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

We recently also bought a unit in the 2nd phase which should be ready by end 2014? :p We looked around but found that this was our ideal retirement place .... which shouldn't be too far off. We like the ambiance of the place and the fact that it's close to the river and the strait. Very breezy the last few times we visited it. Can't wait to move in.

Congrats Casey! Wow 2 years only to complete ... Is construction already underway? The last and only time i visited was about a month ago and they were still doing the land clearing I think. Phase II is on the little island?

CaseyOng

Alfrescian
Loyal
They said that the clubhouse will be ready sometime late Jan 2013 and the last time we went there (also about a month ago), the bridge linking to the island was already completed and I can see some construction\framework going up. But I guess it will take the better part of this year and next to really see the neighborhood taking shape. Based on the plan and what we saw in the completed phase 1, I think it will be a very nice place to live in.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I think it will be a nice place to live in and am looking forward to it.

My wishes for 2013:
- that plans for the S'pore-JB MRT link incorporate a vehicular component which could facilitate the eventual demolition of the causeway and thereby create a more vibrant environment for recreational activities in the straits spanning from east to west.
- that a third link be built to cater to traffic originating in the eastern parts of S'pore and JB and thereby ease congestion at the first link.
- that the Sembawang shipyard move out of the Sembawang area to a facility in Tuas, thereby creating a more recreational feel for the strait.

Happy New Year!

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Casey,

Wow, congrats! Is that the terraces or clusters? I just signed the S&P for the Wateredge apartments last Saturday and sadly must wait around 3 years to move in..

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jetstream,

yes i agree ! I hope the MRT plans really do materialise as i intend to move here and travel daily to work .right now the first link seems really congested! Heard from the developer that they will build the mock up of the apartments/ condo after chinese new year for the purchasers to get a feel.. by the way, do you know why its called apartments rather than condo? :biggrin:
Happy new year to all!!

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to see #1 & #2 materialize soon, but its quite political in the sense that SG doesn't have sufficient benefits to push for it.

Good to see some Senibong cove folks here, was looking at the landed a few months back and at that time they mentioned the land bridge wasn't fully up.

Yes I think it will be a nice place to live in and am looking forward to it.

My wishes for 2013:
- that plans for the S'pore-JB MRT link incorporate a vehicular component which could facilitate the eventual demolition of the causeway and thereby create a more vibrant environment for recreational activities in the straits spanning from east to west.
- that a third link be built to cater to traffic originating in the eastern parts of S'pore and JB and thereby ease congestion at the first link.
- that the Sembawang shipyard move out of the Sembawang area to a facility in Tuas, thereby creating a more recreational feel for the strait.

Happy New Year!

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wish is to have a CIQ facility at our place with ferry terminal to SG maybe Sembawang or Woodlands. Imagine the ease of travel between SG and Senibong. Just a wish :-)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wish is to have a CIQ facility at our place with ferry terminal to SG maybe Sembawang or Woodlands. Imagine the ease of travel between SG and Senibong. Just a wish :-)

Frogger, yr wish comes true.. titter.gif

minisb.jpg

Last edited: