• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went down yesterday, rm3mil, 3 units left for foreign quotas.

Hmm.. it's pretty stiff but compared to elsewhere for a waterfront living concept, I think currently it's still affordable.. the east side is pretty underdeveloped. I think as the western corridor gets higher in price, ppl will start to look east.

The only concern is how the development grows as an estate.. as maintenance will be a challenge so long as there's no strong central management group to oversee compared to leisure farm.

But with a strong level of participation from higher value folks probably the estate will be ok..

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought management of the estate will be under the developer , Australian Walker which has done various waterfront project ..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought management of the estate will be under the developer , Australian Walker which has done various waterfront project ..

Well in Malaysia things can change pretty fast..
Rules are difficult to enforce. Everything must discount 50%.. Haha.
Walker group has done a couple of waterfront development, that's the encouraging part. hopefully they can past their knowledge over to the locals.

But I doubt they will run the development for the long term.. Even Australia Hope Island resort which was under their management was eventually sold to some other ppl and they pulled out. so... it's a consideration.. so far the only development in Iskandar that impressed me on the level of long term sustainability is Leisure Farm.

If Senibong can match it then they should do well.

sharony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Im new to this Forum. We just bought a place at SC and thought it would be a good idea to link up with fellow SCians. Heard that majority of owners are Singaporeans or Malaysians working in Singapore. Do any of you commute daily for work/school?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Im new to this Forum. We just bought a place at SC and thought it would be a good idea to link up with fellow SCians. Heard that majority of owners are Singaporeans or Malaysians working in Singapore. Do any of you commute daily for work/school?

Wow. that's great.. I have not yet bought any though. but we are still considering on the purchase. The waterfront houses looks very nice for the price.. though not too sure about the place and the management. so just discovered this forum and wanted to learn more about the development.. I am glad you made the leap.. which unit did you buy? I feel that this place is just great for commuting daily into Singapore as the EDL is really convenient.

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look from Sembawang Shipyard side, you can clearly see it everyday...white smoke coming out everyday. go to the top of any sembawang hdb for this view.

Anyone know can advice what is burning over there? thanks.

Not too sure about the smoke.. I have not noticed it though to be frank.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look from Sembawang Shipyard side, you can clearly see it everyday...white smoke coming out everyday. go to the top of any sembawang hdb for this view.

Anyone know can advice what is burning over there? thanks.

I've never noticed any smoke in the SC vicinity during any of my visits to SC.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats on ur purchase. I plan to retire early and move in when mine is ready... Tak kuasa to jostle with the crowds daily to get to work lah... But who knows, if commuting to Sg improves significantly, ie. a miracle happens, I may reconsider...

elleez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on your purchase too. SC is a lovely development. I have also enquired whether there is any other resident who commute daily fr SC to Sg, but so far no response. Let's keep in touch and update each other if any of us find daily commute. Of course we are prepared to share in the cost. :smile:

sharony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on ur purchase. I plan to retire early and move in when mine is ready... Tak kuasa to jostle with the crowds daily to get to work lah... But who knows, if commuting to Sg improves significantly, ie. a miracle happens, I may reconsider...

So true, during one off peak visit, it took us merely 20mins an hour to clear customs on both sides but we have also experienced being stuck in traffic for more than 1.5hrs.

sharony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, we are not ready to make the move yet as are kids will still be studying in Singapore. Most likely, SC will be our weekend home. Are you living there already?

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a unit 2 months ago, getting keys next month. May consider move over there and travel to Spore for working.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on your purchase too. SC is a lovely development. I have also enquired whether there is any other resident who commute daily fr SC to Sg, but so far no response. Let's keep in touch and update each other if any of us find daily commute. Of course we are prepared to share in the cost. :smile:

i remember back in 2005-06 when i tried coming in from JB early in the morning, i noticed the jams at the causeway started as early as 530AM ! I wonder whether things have improved. Those days, the new CIQ not ready yet.

elleez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a unit 2 months ago, getting keys next month. May consider move over there and travel to Spore for working.

If you don't mind me asking, how will you be commuting daily from Sg to JB? I wonder if anyone is keen to start a car pool from SC to Sg daily? They have plenty of that sort of arrangement in Horizon Hill. Any one keen, please contact me. :-)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
So who's staying there already? I'm just starting my reno.

Good luck on your renovations..
Just a question.. I understand that there are controls as to the level of renovations that can be taken out especially with regards to the exterior.. issit true?

Because I see that there is some external changes to the facade such as adding of external balcony and shifting of the main door.. just wondering whether this is strictly enforced.

Yup.. who else is staying there? any feedback on the Senibong living environment..

fyironman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to start my reno too. Still no idea where to start... :rolleyes:Any good contractors to recommend? Btw does d aircon pts come with piping?

only the water pipe, you still need to ask air con guy to install the copper pipe. Just installed mine yesterday.

fyironman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck on your renovations..
Just a question.. I understand that there are controls as to the level of renovations that can be taken out especially with regards to the exterior.. issit true?

Because I see that there is some external changes to the facade such as adding of external balcony and shifting of the main door.. just wondering whether this is strictly enforced.

Yup.. who else is staying there? any feedback on the Senibong living environment..

By right you need to write to management office to get approval one, but then some of the owner with "powerful" background don't bother about it and go ahead with the modification.