• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Causeway traffic is a good gauge of how bad things are in Johor. Apart from the traffic from spore to Johor after work day hours, ie after 4pm to 9pm, workers heading back Johor, the traffic volume has shrunk significantly. We are contemplating purchasing a unit in wateredge but concern if we can rent out. Would be glad to have existing owners opinions. Thanks.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
err...you know what i mean right?

SC1.JPG

wahaha..:p

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which floor is your unit? Nice view. If you are staying permanently, then renting won't be an option. But if buying for investment, rental would be good to ride through the downturn. Thanks

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with bro Potter ... I oso reluctant to rent out ... keeping for retirement :smile:

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,043

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://heartlandpuppy.com/air-pollution-in-singapore-due-to-pasir-gudang-in-malaysia/

Seems like there's some concern about potential pollution. Hopefully the authorities will be able to do something about it or at least keep it under control

The prevailing winds for most part of the year blow Northeast/Southwest directions coinciding with the northeast/southwest monsoons. Changi airport's runway alignment (and generally other nearby airports too - Senai, Batam etc) reflects this (planes take off against wind for optimal lift). It is only during the inter-monsoon periods that wind directions may become erratic and occasionally blow in other directions. So we can see why Punggolians are affected.

Also, if you measure the distance between SC and PG on the google map, it seems to be roughly same distance between PG and Sg's East Coast. I don't think ppl in East Coast/Bedok have complained about PG's pollution although these areas seem more in the direct path of the northeast winds.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's okay to me so long that the authorities are making sure that checks and regulation are properly enforced so as not to endanger those living nearby

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senibong Cove given special mention in NST article on Johor market outlook - https://www.nst.com.my/property/201...-outlook-cautious-optimism-mismatch-evens-out

"Developers have been concentrating more on affordable housing in the last two years. The property market has seen falling volumes last year except for two categories.

The first category is niche areas and products that offer unique features such as waterfront properties. Buyers in this category are not affected by the economic slowdown and are buying more than a house. They are buying features and concepts. An example is Senibong Cove.

The second category is affordable houses priced between RM250,000 and RM500,000 and recent new launches within this price range have received good response."