• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Eagle and the Wolf

There is a great battle that rages inside me.

One side is the soaring eagle. Everything the eagle stands for is good and true and beautiful, and it soars above the clouds. Even though it dips down into the valleys, it lays its eggs on the mountaintops.

The other side of me is the howling wolf. And that raging, howling wolf represents the worst that’s in me. He eats upon my downfalls and justifies himself by his presence in the pack.

Who wins this great battle?

The one I feed.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How could you be so slow”
“My child,” He said, “What could I do?
You never did let go.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No Matter What

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost.

ISN’T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS STILL IN CONTROL?

(Amen!)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A man spoke with the Lord about heaven and hell. The Lord said to the man “come, I will show you hell.” They entered a room where a group of hungry people sat around a huge pot of cooking stew. Everyone in the room was starving. Each person held a spoon that reached the pot but each spoon had a handle so much longer than their own arms that it could not be used to get the stew into their own mouths. The suffering was terrible. “Come now, I will show you heaven” the Lord said.

They entered a room identical to the first, the big pot of stew, the group of people and the same long-handled spoons. But here everyone was happy and well nourished. “I don’t understand” said the man. “Why is everyone happy here and miserable in the other room? Everything is the same.”

“Here, said the Lord, they have learned to SERVE each other.”

Galatians 5:13-14 (NKJ) “For you brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love SERVE one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was on my usual run. The mercury hovered above 90 degrees.
It was hot.

Sweat poured into my face stinging my eyes as my feet pounded
the pavement in a steady rhythm. I saw a man standing in a
doorway and then heard a shout,

“That will either kill you or make you strong!”

Both halves of the statement were true.

Such heat combined with the exertion could surely kill you.
It’s always an elevated risk exercising in extreme temperatures.

I waved and kept moving. Heat kills a few but inactivity kills
a thousand times more. His statement applied to more than just
running in the heat. It applies to all tough situations.

When tough things come, it will either strengthen you or break
you down. It will make you better or bitter. It will make you
an over comer or overwhelm you.

Tough things can kill.
They kill the spirit, hopes, dreams, visions and even desire.
Excessive pressure can make you explode
or make you learn new ways to constructively vent.

Spirit is very much like the physical; you can’t build muscle
without weight or put another way,
“Smooth seas never make good sailors.”

Heat, pressure, weight on your shoulders, and the constant
demands of life can make you strong. They build your faith.

After six miles, I finished my run, exhausted but feeling
better. I went inside, showered, and took a nap.

I ran hard for the six and then rested.

There are keys to improving your odds that the pressure makes
you stronger.

Run hard for the six then rest, is one of those keys.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
A man spoke with the Lord about heaven and hell. The Lord said to the man “come, I will show you hell.” They entered a room where a group of hungry people sat around a huge pot of cooking stew. Everyone in the room was starving. Each person held a spoon that reached the pot but each spoon had a handle so much longer than their own arms that it could not be used to get the stew into their own mouths. The suffering was terrible. “Come now, I will show you heaven” the Lord said.

They entered a room identical to the first, the big pot of stew, the group of people and the same long-handled spoons. But here everyone was happy and well nourished. “I don’t understand” said the man. “Why is everyone happy here and miserable in the other room? Everything is the same.”

“Here, said the Lord, they have learned to SERVE each other.”

Galatians 5:13-14 (NKJ) “For you brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love SERVE one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”

Brother Beensetfree,

Very well-said. There is a Chinese saying and it's absolutely true: There is always enough to meet our needs but there is never be enough to meet our greed. What we are witnessing today is nothing but Greed, GReed, GREed, GREEd, and more and bigger GREED!

We must turn our "Eyes Upon Jesus".

Have a great God-blessed week ahead!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi brother Psalm 23 . Thanks for the encouragement and God bless you too as you continue your journey here.

Brother Beensetfree,

Very well-said. There is a Chinese saying and it's absolutely true: There is always enough to meet our needs but there is never be enough to meet our greed. What we are witnessing today is nothing but Greed, GReed, GREed, GREEd, and more and bigger GREED!

We must turn our "Eyes Upon Jesus".

Have a great God-blessed week ahead!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An Irate Customer

One morning there was a message on the answering machine from an irate customer, complaining about her lack of service—service that had been suspended because her check had bounced. Her abusive message included a curse word.

As it is my job to handle payments received, it was my duty to collect the check. Everyone responsible for the “missed” service was happy to pass the situation off to me. They were glad there was a bad check involved, making dealing with this woman my job. They told me how difficult the task would be and offered to prepare me by playing the message. I refused saying, “No, I’m afraid it would prejudice me.”

As is often the case when a check bounces, I soon found that this woman’s phone number was no longer in service. A check of the caller I.D. told us the call had come from the manager’s office of the apartment building where our customer lived. We left a message with the manager and within the hour our call was returned.

I told our customer gently, sympathetically that a check she had written had been returned because of non-sufficient funds. I told her I always want to let people know about returned checks quickly because the huge fees the banks charge can cause more checks to be returned and more fees to be charged. (It is not unusual for one error to lead to a chain of returned checks and fees that can cost the consumer several hundred dollars.)

I told her I hoped she could contact the bank and get things straightened out before her problems got worse. I also told her, gently once more, that I hated to add to her problems but she would owe us a fee for the returned check because the bank charges us a fee when a check is returned.

She told me she had difficulties because of being on a fixed income and being in poor health. I commiserated with her. She told me she had no one, that she had no children but had raised several that belonged to her husband and after living with him thirty years he had left her for another woman. She told me she was facing open heart surgery. I commiserated every step of the way and I was sincere in my sympathy.

Finally, after she had promised to pay, I told her that I was going to tell her something that was just from me, not speaking for the business I worked for, just for myself. I told her I would pray for her.

This was several weeks ago and I have prayed for her several times since. Not only do I care about her situation—and more particularly about the lonely state she lives in as a result—but she taught me something about cranky people, something that I will try not to forget.

When a person is cranky, there may be reasons you don’t know about. If you don’t react with anger, you may learn what the real problem is and may in some way be able to help, if only with a little sympathy

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tending the Vines

Every morning he would tend his vines; it was something he did everyday. Some days he would find the vines growing peacefully, maturing the way they should. Other days, the vines would be jumbled up, some falling away from the main line or dry from not enough nourishment.

Today, the middle of July, he was once again checking out the vines. This morning he found some startling changes and he knew that something unusual had happened.

The first row of vines looked good, almost perfect. The second row looked well but a bit stressed. It was the third row of vines that caught and held his attention, for they were dry, withered and on the verge of dying. He had to do something soon or the vines in row three would be lost forever.

As he made his preparations of water, cords and careful handling, he recalled the day when he planted all the rows of vines. Each row started out the same, careful planting, careful watering and watching and a prayer for each one that it would grow healthy, strong and able to withstand all kinds of weather conditions.

Why is it, he thought, that some of the vines did well all of the time, while others needed constant attention and tending to? It was almost like people, he thought. Some people do well, no matter what, while others seemed to need constant attention, approval and help.

Maybe the troubled vines in row three were like that because they, like some people, “chose” to go their own way instead of relying on a help from a higher power?

He thought more about this and the more he mulled it over in his mind, he came to the conclusion that it wasn’t his fault if some of the vines didn’t work out well. Maybe it happened simply because of “time, chance and circumstance.”

Still he cared for all of the vines. He decided to stay still for awhile and pray for those vines that were stubborn and wanted to go their own way.

He prayed,

“Dear Lord, please help me to be patient with the vines that are often troubled and sick; for I know you want them to do well and to be healthy. Maybe they just need a little more guidance. Help me to be more attentive to them and help them to know how much good you want for them. Thank you, Father; for you always understand.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Enjoy your coffee this morning!

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups – porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite – telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: “If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups… And then you began eyeing each other’s cups.

Now consider this: Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. The cups are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of Life we live. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us.”

God brews the coffee, not the cups……… Enjoy your coffee!

“The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.” Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly and bloom where you are planted! Leave the rest to God.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Build Bridges not Fences

Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side by side, sharing machinery, and trading labor and goods as needed without a hitch.

Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference, and finally it explode into an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of silence.

One morning there was a knock on John’s door. He opened it to find a man with a carpenter’s toolbox. “I’m looking for a few days work” he said. “Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and there I could help with? Could I help you?”

“Yes,” said the older brother. “I do have a job for you. Look across the creek at that farm. That’s my neighbor, in fact, it’s my younger brother. Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the river levee and now there is a creek between us.

Well, he may have done this to spite me, but I’ll go him one better. See that pile of lumber by the barn? I want you to build me a fence – – an 8- foot fence – so I won’t need to see his place or his face anymore.”

The carpenter said, “I think I understand the situation. Show me the nails and the post-hole digger and I’ll be able to do a job that pleases you.”

The older brother had to go to town, so he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day. The carpenter worked hard all that day measuring, sawing, nailing. About sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his job. The farmer’s eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence there at all.

It was a bridge — a bridge stretching from one side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of work handrails and all — and the neighbor, his younger brother, was coming across, his hand outstretched. “You are quite a fellow to build this bridge after all I’ve said and done.” The two brothers stood at each end of the bridge, and then they met in the middle, taking each other’s hand. They turned to see the carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder.

“No, wait! Stay a few days. I’ve a lot of other projects for you,” said the older brother. “I’d love to stay on,” the carpenter said, “but, I have many more bridges to build

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Old Fisherman

Our house was directly across the street from the clinic entrance of John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. We lived downstairs and rented the upstairs rooms to out patients at the clinic.

One summer evening as I was fixing supper, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see a truly awful looking man. Why, he’s hardly taller than my eight-year-old, I thought as I stared at the stooped, shriveled body. But the appalling thing was his face–lopsided from swelling, red and raw.

Yet his voice was pleasant as he said, “Good evening. I’ve come to see if you’ve a room for just one night. I came for a treatment this morning from the eastern shore, and there’s no bus ’til morning.” He told me he’d been hunting for a room since noon but with no success, no one seemed to have a room. “I guess it’s my face…I know it looks terrible, but my doctor says with a few more treatments…” For a moment I hesitated, but his next words convinced me: “I could sleep in this rocking chair on the porch. My bus leaves early in the morning.”

I told him we would find him a bed, but to rest on the porch. I went inside and finished getting supper. When we were ready, I asked the old man if he would join us.

“No thank you. I have plenty.” And he held up a brown paper bag.

When I had finished the dishes, I went out on the porch to talk with him a few minutes. It didn’t take a long time to see that this old man had an oversized heart crowded into that tiny body. He told me he fished for a living to support his daughter, her five children, and her husband, who was hopelessly crippled from a back injury. He didn’t tell it by way of complaint; in fact, every other sentence was preface with a thanks to God for a blessing. He was grateful that no pain accompanied his disease, which was apparently a form of skin cancer. He thanked God for giving him the strength to keep going.

At bedtime, we put a camp cot in the children’s room for him.

When I got up in the morning, the bed linens were neatly folded and the little man was out on the porch. He refused breakfast, but just before he left for his bus, haltingly, as if asking a great favor, he said, “Could I please come back and stay the next time I have a treatment? I won’t put you out a bit. I can sleep fine in a chair.” He paused a moment and then added, “Your children made me feel at home. Grownups are bothered by my face, but children don’t seem to mind.”

I told him he was welcome to come again.

On his next trip he arrived a little after seven in the morning. As a gift, he brought a big fish and a quart of the largest oysters I had ever seen. He said he had shucked them that morning before he left so that they’d be nice and fresh. I knew his bus left at 4:00 a.m. and I wondered what time he had to get up in order to do this for us.

In the years he came to stay overnight with us there was never a time that he did not bring us fish or oysters or vegetables from his garden. Other times we received packages in the mail, always by special delivery; fish and oysters packed in a box of fresh young spinach or kale, every leaf carefully washed. Knowing that he must walk three miles to mail these,and knowing how little money he had made the gifts doubly precious. When I received these little remembrances, I often thought of a comment our next-door neighbor made after he left that first morning.

“Did you keep that awful looking man last night? I turned him away! You can lose roomers by putting up such people!”

Maybe we did lose roomers once or twice. But oh! If only they could have known him, perhaps their illnesses would have been easier to bear. I know our family always will be grateful to have known him; from him we learned what it was to accept the bad without complaint and the good with gratitude to God.

Recently I was visiting a friend who has a greenhouse. As she showed me her flowers, we came to the most beautiful one of all, a golden chrysanthemum, bursting with blooms. But to my great surprise, it was growing in an old dented, rusty bucket. I thought to myself, If this were my plant, I’d put it in the loveliest container I had! My friend changed my mind.

“I ran short of pots,” she explained, “and knowing how beautiful this one would be, I thought it wouldn’t mind starting out in this old pail. It’s just for a little while, till I can put it out in the garden.”

She must have wondered why I laughed so delightedly, but I was imagining just such a scene in heaven.

“Here’s an especially beautiful one,” God might have said when he came to the soul of the sweet old fisherman. “He won’t mind starting in this small body.”

All this happened long ago — and now, in God’s garden, how tall this lovely soul must stand.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Not You?

Today, many will awaken with a fresh sense of inspiration. Why not you?
Today, many will open their eyes to the beauty that surrounds them. Why not you?

Today, many will choose to leave the ghost of yesterday behind and seize the immeasurable power of today. Why not you?
Today, many will break through the barriers of the past by looking at the blessings of the present. Why not you?

Today, for many, the burden of self doubt and insecurity will be lifted by the security and confidence of empowerment. Why not you?
Today, many will rise above their believed limitations and make contact with their powerful innate strength. Why not you?

Today, many will choose to live in such a manner that they will be a positive role model for their children. Why not you?
Today, many will choose to free themselves from the personal imprisonment of their bad habits. Why not you?

Today, many will choose to live free of conditions and rules governing their own happiness. Why not you?
Today, many will find abundance in simplicity. Why not you?

Today, many will be confronted by difficult moral choices and they will choose to do what is right instead of what is beneficial. Why not you?
Today, many will decide to no longer sit back with a victim mentality, but to take charge of their lives and make positive changes. Why not you?

Today, many will take the action necessary to make a difference. Why not you?
Today, many will make the commitment to be a better mother, father, son, daughter, student, teacher, worker, boss, brother, sister, & so much more. Why not you?
Today is a new day!

Many will seize this day.
Many will live it to the fullest.
Why not you?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Twenty Dollars

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, “Who would like this $20 bill?”

Hands started going up. He said, “I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.” He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, “Who still wants it?” Still the hands were up in the air.

“Well,” he replied, “What if I do this?” And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty.

“Now who still wants it?” Still the hands went into the air.

“My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives,we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in God’s eyes. To Him, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to Him.

Psalm 178 states that God will keep us, “as the apple of His eye.”

THOUGHT: The worth of our lives come not in what we do or who we are but by WHOSE WE ARE! You are special – Don’t ever forget it!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Smile at me…

I’ve been immersed in gloom,

But I’ll be done with it real soon;

I am taking steps to cheer up–

I think that I can “gear up”,

To be a lot more cheerful

Instead of being drearful;

So please give me some aid

So my gloominess will fade—

Just smile when our paths cross

And that smile will not be lost.

I will take it on my way

And pass it on all day,

And that smile will spread around

To all the people in our town;

And don’t just smile for me

But for everyone you see;

You never know who needs it

Or where the Lord will lead it

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A moment in time…

I am fascinated by the knowledge that there is no time but NOW. Nothing we ever do can change one moment of the past and we can only conjecture how our actions of today will affect our tomorrows. Life is lived one moment at a time.

Your consciousness of life is of the moment you’re in. The past is a memory that is really no more than a story about how we got to right now.

Have you ever tried to remember a happy moment to cheer you up when you are sad? It’s difficult, isn’t it? If you are sad at this moment, you are consumed by the sadness. Only an event in the future, an event which you can long for, hope for and think will come can affect that sadness, and eventually, that event or some other one you do not foresee will come along and cheer you up–but of course, that’s a moment in the future…it is not NOW.

No amount of past happiness can make up for the searing pain when a love affair breaks up or for the grief at the loss of a loved one. In fact, the memory of past happiness can sometimes make you feel sorry for yourself about the present dismal state you are in, making it seem even worse.

As I wrote the above, I was trying to determine in my own mind if a past sadness could affect a present happiness. I suppose it could be possible to “think yourself sorry” but who would make the effort while they were in a state of elation? Happiness, especially singing happiness that floods through you on happy occasions, is the type of emotion that doesn’t lead to introspection.

In my life, I have accepted the concept of living in the moment and I waste no effort in fighting it. Instead, I embrace the principle.

If in this moment, I think you look wonderful–in this exact moment, I will tell you so. If I see that you are faltering in life, I will tell you what concerns me and hope that even if you become angry with me, it will somehow help turn you away from your folly and lead you to happier moments in the future. When I have done something wrong myself, I waste none of my precious moments in evasion. I confess to whomever I have done wrong and apologize. I try not to let that wrongdoing ruin any of my future moments by asking God’s forgiveness as well, right then and at any other moment when I am reminded of my failing.

When you build a house, you have to know what you want the house to look like when you begin or it will be a crazy structure, so I do believe in planning. But as I build my life, I know the moments in it are the building blocks that make up the whole. If every moment is utilized for the good of God, I will end up with a good life—one moment at a time.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Buzzard, a Bat and a Bumblebee…

If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run, as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom it will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the bee. They are struggling about with all their problems and frustrations, not realizing that if they look up, they’ll find the answer.

Don’t you love it? Look up…. GOD Is The Answer…..

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Expressing Gratitude

“The beauty and eloquence of an expression of gratitude is reflected in a newspaper story of some years ago:

“The District of Columbia police auctioned off about 100 unclaimed bicycles Friday. ‘One dollar,’ said an 11-year-old boy as the bidding opened on the first bike. The bidding, however, went much higher. ‘One dollar,’ the boy repeated hopefully each time another bike came up.

“The auctioneer, who had been auctioning stolen or lost bikes for 43 years, noticed that the boy’s hopes seemed to soar higher whenever a racer-type bicycle was put up.

“Then there was just one racer left. The bidding went to eight dollars.
‘Sold to that boy over there for nine dollars!’ said the auctioneer. He took eight dollars from his own pocket and asked the boy for his dollar. The youngster turned it over in pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters—took his bike, and started to leave. But he went only a few feet. Carefully parking his new possession, he went back, gratefully threw his arms around the auctioneer’s neck, and cried.

“When was the last time we felt gratitude as deeply as did this boy? The deeds others perform in our behalf might not be as poignant, but certainly there are kind acts that warrant our expressions of gratitude.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Real Pain in the Neck

Can someone literally be
A pain in the neck to you?
Yes, I can assure you,
That’s entirely true.

When stress and tension gather
Little neck muscles in a knot,
It feels like there’s a vice
In which your neck is caught.

And someone harsh
Or filled with gloom
Can stress you
To this neck pain doom;

So if someone
Is stressful
And makes your neck
Feel dreadful,

My advice
Is very plain–
Walk away
And forget their name.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
DRINK, STEAL, SWEAR and LIE

I met this guy while I was in Albuquerque and he has a motto
he lives by every day. He said listen carefully and live by
these four rules: Drink, Steal, Swear, and Lie.

I was shaking my head 'No!', but he then told me to listen
while he explained his four rules. So here they are:

1. 'Drink' from the 'everlasting cup' every day.

2. 'Steal' a moment to help someone who is in worse shape than
you are.

3. 'Swear' that you will be a better person today than
yesterday.

4. And last, but not least, when you 'lie' down at night
thank God for his love and blessings.

I am not as good as I should be, I am not as good as I could
be but THANK GOD I am better than I used to be !