• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to make sambal and chicken rice chillies

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4838920090_78e4d14a68.jpg

Chicken Rice Chillies
1) 3 tablespoon of Chicken oil (skimmed from the water to cook your chicken)
2) 3 slices of ginger (pound)
3) 10 red chillies (pound)
4) 1 garlic (pound), optional
5) 1 tablespoon of lime juice
6) 1/2 teaspoon of salt (add more if its not enough)

Directions
just mixed everything, no need to cook or fried

17743.jpg

Sambal Chillies
1) 3 tablespoon of oil (can be more)
2) 10 chillies (red, green, padis or big ones also can), pound
3) 10 shallots, pound
4) 1 tablespoon of lime juice
5) 1/2 teaspoon of salt (add more if its not enough)

Directions
Fried the shallots 1st in medium heat, 30 seconds add the chillies, add the salt. 30 seconds before you scoop, add the lime juice.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not a fan of belacan, chillies should be eaten fresh, no need other paste to complement it.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I use the sambal chilli for BBQ stingray or do I have to add something else to the sambal chilli.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks nice and thanks for the recipe. I usually prefer taking out the seeds from the chillies as nowadays the electric grinder cannot crush the chilli seeds.

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by Alamaking

"How to make sambal and chicken rice chillies"

Thanks Bro Alamaking.
Been trying out different recipes, hope this is the right one for my taste buds.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like Chicken Rice, Stingray and ikan bakar the chilli is the key. I did realise belachan for stingray but for ikan bakar , I have tasted some have belachan and some don't. But all of them are fantastic.

BBQ stingray chilli belachan among other additional ingredients

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. My favorite. Too bad too lazy to use the mortars and pestels. also downstairs sure complaint. I don't have a blender yet.

Now depend on supply from Ratchada. :p

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seeing the recipes is enticing me to get into the kitchen again...

Doesn't look too hard :smile: looks Delish!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. My favorite. Too bad too lazy to use the mortars and pestels. also downstairs sure complaint. I don't have a blender yet.

Now depend on supply from Ratchada. :p

its Ramintra not Ratchada. Ok Thursday will bring some.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sambal Chillies
1) 3 tablespoon of oil (can be more)
2) 10 chillies (red, green, padis or big ones also can), pound
3) 10 shallots, pound
4) 1 tablespoon of lime juice
5) 1/2 teaspoon of salt (add more if its not enough)

I'm not a fan of belacan, chillies should be eaten fresh, no need other paste to complement it.

But if you're a fan of belachan like me, grill or toast your belachan first, than add to the above recipe, leave out the salt as belachan is quite salty, add a little sugar & tombok, tombok until your eyes are about to cry, that's when you know it's ready :biggrin: i prefer tombok using mortar & pestle, if use blender/grinder & you over do it, it becomes a pulp with too much air in the paste & the flavour all gone, i sumpah this one becos i also did it until mother scolded me!

Anyone liks chincalok? must go get the old mosquito net out & make net to catch the baby shrimps, then you bottle in salt water & scoop a little cooked rice inside, cap it with a bottle cork & leave it in a dark corner in the kitchen where you can still see it (very important!!) becos after 7 - 10 days, the rice would have fermented enough to "cook" the shrimps pink & the gas will pop the cork! that's when you know it's ready, if you hide it in some dark corner or cupboard & miss the cork popping, jialat.. pop already & open to air, it will spoil very fast & also your house will be full of rats coming for chicalok everynight!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken rice chilli will be better if you add baby ginger. Just a few slices. Also for those that cannot take chilli because scared your bung hole hot and sore, can substitute chili with roast capsicum. Burn the outer layer on a stove till black, cover in a bowl with cling wrap till soft than peel the outer layer. Blend it with the other ingredients.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys, i was taught to add a little white vinegar. And i like it a lot. I also like to add lime juice. Think this one perfect .

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys, i was taught to add a little white vinegar. And i like it a lot. I also like to add lime juice. Think this one perfect .

Its either you add vinegar or lime juice lah P'Chon, it will give you that tangy bite in your tongue with the hotness of the chilie :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Gam sia gam sia. Wow! Craving for sg chicken rice comr liaoz.

Btw, the white vinegar used for chicken rice. The lime or sng kam version good for see ham and zhu zha tang. Hehehe. My preference lah.