• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex EPL players coming to bluff money at Indoor Stadium next week

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool versus Manchester United in Singapore

By Ali Kasim
The New Paper
Monday, Oct 01, 2012

The biggest football rivalry in England is headed to Singapore.

Liverpool and Manchester United are among four teams that will compete in the EPL Masters Football Singapore Cup on Oct 14 at the Indoor Stadium.

Judging from the rivalry between ex-players Stephane Henchoz and Paul Parker at the press conference at Chijmes yesterday, the Reds v Red Devils match-up promises to be a cracker.

Henchoz will lead the Liverpool Legends side featuring the likes of Steve McManaman, Patrik Berger and Robbie Fowler.

Parker, a former Manchester United and England right back, will turn out for the Man United Legends, along with David May and Andy Cole, among others.

An EPL All-Star team and a Singapore All-Star team complete the line-up for the six-a-side tournament organised by Dentsu Sports Asia. Said Henchoz: "I see the squad we have and I think we have a good chance to win.

"The All-Star team look strong as well, so it will be a good competition for sure."

Parker, seated next to Henchoz on Thursday, could not believe the former Liverpool defender's comments.

"He mentions Liverpool and the All-Star team, but nothing on Man United - that's just not right," Parker said.

"But, seriously, the All-Star team are probably the tallest team in the world. "They've got Chris Sutton, Pierre van Hooijdonk, Ian Pearce and Tore Andre Flo - that's 25,000 feet already.

"If the ball's in the air, they're going to win it."

Local cast

Local football hero Fandi Ahmad will lead the Singapore cast that includes V Sundramoorthy, Rafi Ali, Malek Awab and Abbas Saad.

Parker, who has been in Singapore for the past two years as an English Premier League pundit, said the Singapore side shouldn't be written off.

"When we played this competition in Thailand, the Thai team won it," Parker said.

"So, we shouldn't overlook the Singapore team. They're a good team and I hear they play together pretty often as well."

Get The New Paper for more stories.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
van Hooijdonk!!! never thought I'll see this name in the news again! I

used to like this player until his bad attitude cost him a place in the team...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
maybe sinkie can convince these has-beens to take up citizenship and play for our national team.

The right wages and plenty of SPGs should be incentive enough to induce some of them if not all.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe sinkie can convince these has-beens to take up citizenship and play for our national team.

The right wages and plenty of SPGs should be incentive enough to induce some of them if not all.

Yah I'm sure it's not hard to find some old Epl player better than Alexandar duric!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
van Hooijdonk!!! never thought I'll see this name in the news again! I

used to like this player until his bad attitude cost him a place in the team...

His shooting is deadly.

[video=youtube;ooUOdDDtsac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooUOdDDtsac[/video]

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tore Andre Flo

[video=youtube;8NvyuvI3bJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NvyuvI3bJs[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His shooting is deadly.

van hooijdonk is one of those black Dutch players who gave the Dutch footballers a bad rep in the 90s. Two others I can think of were Winston Borgarde (on strike for 3 years at chelsea) and Jimmy floyd hasselbaink (prima donna striker). Very talented individuals but hard to play all of them in a team.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
van hooijdonk is one of those black Dutch players who gave the Dutch footballers a bad rep in the 90s. Two others I can think of were Winston Borgarde (on strike for 3 years at chelsea) and Jimmy floyd hasselbaink (prima donna striker). Very talented individuals but hard to play all of them in a team.

the only black Dutch guy that's damn good and no attitude problem is Aron Winter................

jw5

Loyal
looking forward to seeing Man Utd legends like Massimo Taibi, William Prunier....

eric djemba-djemba, kleberson, mark bosnich, karel pubor-sky, and not forgetting the trio of jordi cruyff (son of johan), darren ferguson (son of alex) and oliver gill (son of david)..........................

jw5

Loyal
Parker, seated next to Henchoz on Thursday, could not believe the former Liverpool defender's comments.
"He mentions Liverpool and the All-Star team, but nothing on Man United - that's just not right," Parker said.

this statement is wayang one, for publicity, pretend to stir shit, hahaha.............................

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think edgar davids was quite good too both in attitude and as a player.

Edgar davids played well for his clubs. but he brought his ego along to the national squad... clashed with the coach Gus hiddink (IIRC) and got blacklisted and banned.

Same for Clarence seedorf who banged heads with another dutch national coach.

These guys ........ :rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eric djemba-djemba, kleberson, mark bosnich, karel pubor-sky, and not forgetting the trio of jordi cruyff (son of johan), darren ferguson (son of alex) and oliver gill (son of david)..........................

Forlan? Blanc? :biggrin: