• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Madonna causes confusion by referring to President Barack Obama as a Muslim

AntiPAPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Madonna causes confusion by referring to President Barack Obama as a Muslim

Pop star Madonna urged Americans to support President Barack Obama during a concert in Washington DC but incorrectly referred to him as a Muslim.

madonna_2334838c.jpg

Madonna in concert Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley

4:39AM BST 26 Sep 2012

In a video posted on YouTube by audience members at the concert, the singer delivers a rousing, profanity-laced political speech on freedom during her show.

"Now, it's so amazing and incredible to think that we have an African-American in the White House ... we have a black Muslim in the White House ... it means there is hope in this country, and Obama is fighting for gay rights, so support the man," Madonna said.

Mr Obama, who stands for re-election on Nov 6, is Christian.

Madonna said later: "I was being ironic on stage. Yes, I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were?

"The point I was making is that a good man is a good man, no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."

Since Obama's first presidential run in 2007, fringe groups and a scattering of opponents have promoted rumours that he is Muslim, similar to talk that he is not a natural-born US citizen.

Madonna has been outspoken in her support of the president. According to media reports, at Monday's show and at a New York City concert earlier this month she ripped off her shirt to reveal the word OBAMA inked across her lower back.

The singer, 54, currently on the North American leg of her tour for her latest studio album "MDNA," has been grabbing headlines recently for her onstage antics.

She landed in hot water with France's far right National Front party after screening footage of their party leader Marine Le Pen with a swastika superimposed on her face during one of her Paris concerts in July. The National Front said it would sue the star.

In August, Madonna spoke out at concerts in Russia for gay rights and in support of jailed members of punk rock band Pussy Riot.