• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You all die liao! Recent online comments made MP Lawrence Wong sibeh toolan

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minister weighs in on recent online criticism of authorities
inSing.com - 24 September 2012 5:21 PM | Updated 5:50 PM

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Photo / Facebook)</cite>
Senior Minister of State for Education and Information, Communications and the Arts Lawrence Wong says he’s been watching certain incidents unfold online recently “with some heaviness in my heart.”

Posting on his Facebook page, the minister referred to the criticisms thrown at authorities over the recent British royal couple’s visit to Queenstown. The online community here had mocked the efforts of the authorities claiming that the event was overtly orchestrated.

The minister also highlighted the recent MediaCorp TV forum with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong where certain guests on the show were criticised for having affiliations with the ruling party.

“No one was invited because of his or her political affiliation. But it so happens that among the group of 50, a handful were PAP members. They were a small minority. But on the internet, there was a campaign targeted against these PAP members, with their names being singled out and attacked, and their phone numbers publicised online,” wrote Mr Wong.

He went on to add that no political party is perfect and that he understands “that not everyone will feel the same way about the PAP”.

However, he said that “surely we do not want to end up in a situation where every activity or conversation in this country becomes politicised, where our people are polarized by political beliefs, where Singaporeans are set against Singaporeans based on creed or political affiliation”.

“Politics can drive a wedge between us and divide our society. Or it can be a force for good, to bring our people together, and to build a stronger and better Singapore”.

His post garnered about 100 comments and around 190 ‘likes’ within two hours.

Do you agree with the Minister?

Here's Mr Lawrence Wong's Facebook post in full

“I’ve been watching incidents unfold on the internet over the past few weeks with some heaviness in my heart.

When the British royal couple came to visit, PA and HDB organised an event at Queenstown to give them a glimpse of the diverse activities in our heartlands. Singaporeans young and old volunteered readily to be part of this event. Yet, they were mocked online for taking part in a “wayang” show.

When Mediacorp organized a TV forum with the PM, they invited a group of 50 people from all walks of life. Some had participated previously in Mediacorp’s TV programmes. Several were nominated by the unions and schools. Others came from a range of professional, voluntary and self-help groups.

No one was invited because of his or her political affiliation. But it so happens that among the group of 50, a handful were PAP members. They were a small minority. But on the internet, there was a campaign targeted against these PAP members, with their names being singled out and attacked, and their phone numbers publicised online.

The PAP has done a lot for Singaporeans over the past decades. But it is not perfect – no party is. We need to listen to criticisms and improve as a party, to serve our people even better.

This is why I and many others joined the PAP – because we appreciate what the party has done, we believe in the cause the party stands for, and we want to help the party do more to serve the interests of Singapore and our fellow Singaporeans.

I understand that not everyone will feel the same way about the PAP. Each of us is free to support any political party and choose the government we want. Indeed, the critics online clearly have their own political affiliations too, even though many have chosen to stay silent on this, or to hide their real identities behind anonymous online profiles.

Politics is important. But surely we do not want to end up in a situation where every activity or conversation in this country becomes politicised, where our people are polarized by political beliefs, where Singaporeans are set against Singaporeans based on creed or political affiliation.

More importantly, when decent people step forward to be part of a genuine national effort to welcome our overseas guests, or volunteer their time to be part of a national TV forum with the PM, and yet get vilified by their fellow citizens, then we really should pause and reflect, and ask ourselves whether this is the kind of society we want.

Politics can drive a wedge between us and divide our society. Or it can be a force for good, to bring our people together, and to build a stronger and better Singapore.

Look at what we have achieved together over the years. Our public housing, our schools and institutions of higher learning, our parks and museums, our container port and airport, and even the Pledge – these are national institutions that the PAP government has worked hard to put in place, with the support and contributions of all Singaporeans.

Let us continue to work together and keep our democracy healthy – by maintaining a basic level of civility in our public discourse, by treating all with dignity and respect, and by finding ways to bridge our differences and forge a common future together.”

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i TOTALLY agreed with what the good minister said. i love singapore!!!!!!! meow.....

yes, we should cultivate civility in all fields. no need to use vulgarities, obscenities and profanities. if you do not agree, please do not use father and mother expletives to back you up. and please refrain from mob lynching too. and also stop mauling forumers who do not agree with you. gangland fights and thuggery have no place in a civil society. thank you.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems all ministers, minister of state taking pot shot at sinkies, perhaps wong can come clean, how many PAP members attend the mediac0ck wayang, were they invited or not, their names & profession etc

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Criticism of the authorities??

How about asking him to come clean with that old fart's hosting the TOTAL dinner at the Istana?

TOTAL is a private French oil and gas group. old fart has been on TOTAL's International Advisory Committee since 1993.

What business has that old fart, who is only a MP, to host a dinner at the Istana - a publicly funded place?

Lawrence Wong can read the rest here : http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?128208-Old-Dud-Singapore-was-a-BARREN-island-in-1965-True

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell him to FUCK OFF!!!!!. Come get me......I will kick his butt...........and send him to Mars!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Last edited:

Megaslots

Alfrescian
Loyal
If invite me go to this mmeediaacorrrrppp talk,i sure rud n rud till all tuklan in mouth about this Ft topic.
just to name a few small point.
who cause mrt to be pack like sardine can?
who cause most crime here?
who cause home price to rise?
who cause singaporean lesser jobs?
who singapore overall standard to drop?
who cause my ear to hurt whenever someone talk in irritating slang which only mmeediaacorrpp sick gay dennis zhou cong qing(traitor) admire so much?
This sick pussy like to suck hard n a rod deep in arseee n is 100% lam pah soh which LHL din even take a second look at him knowing he is sick.
who cause all these?FT foreign toad.
This is a basic distintive reaction when homeland got disturbed by foreign objects.Even insect like hornets will attack when nest got disturbed,
not to mention we powerful singapore humans.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
For someone that is part of a fascist political party that controls the mainstream media and uses the PA and other government agencies to their own advantage or to disadvantage opposition political members and even entire precincts of voters, this guy must be ridiculously numb to reality. He should walk the walk instead of talking calk.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Until these PAP milliionaire ministers decline their salaries for the full term or at least take a 90 percent cut, they do not have any moral authority to speak.

Megaslots

Alfrescian
Loyal
i TOTALLY agreed with what the good minister said. i love singapore!!!!!!! meow.....

yes, we should cultivate civility in all fields. no need to use vulgarities, obscenities and profanities. if you do not agree, please do not use father and mother expletives to back you up. and please refrain from mob lynching too. and also stop mauling forumers who do not agree with you. gangland fights and thuggery have no place in a civil society. thank you.

Me too love singapore alot n proud to be singaporean.Aiya some bros got anger build up over time on diff view with forumers with lower intelligence.
Alot bros also bo bian abt this harsher treatment cause some tooth need bigger tool to extract.IRON tooth.
u must understand tat father mother teach their children with telling first but don listen then come scolding n beating.standard mah!
All bros also love forumers alot wan to teach them the right way.Mr wong anger with bros is build up by invasion of foreign objects.
Must understand them imagine u took hard work n pain to cook a pot of rice then to be eat others.Sure buay song mah!If want to eat shld com 46yrs ago ncook n not come n eat when rice is cooked.somemore v fragrant.Attract flies,tat y alot ppl will get angry when homeland got flooded with foreigner.
If your body got invaded by malignant tumbor your other organ will start to behave unwell n want to get rid of it n not to mention u as owner of body who may b dying more badly want to get rid of it.All same same if not here in first place then come sure have reaction.Hope u understand.......thank u too:smile:

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lawrence Wong, I want to challenge you!

[h=2]Lawrence Wong, I want to challenge you![/h]
PostDateIcon.png
September 24th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Lawrence Wong, you said on your facebook:
“When the British royal couple came to visit, PA and HDB organised an event at Queenstown to give them a glimpse of the diverse activities in our heartlands. Singaporeans young and old volunteered readily to be part of this event. Yet, they were mocked online for taking part in a wayang show.”
Look at the picture:
wy01.png

Are you telling me that those kids in the photo also “volunteered readily to be part of this event”? Are you saying that they were not forced by their schools to attend and that all eagerly volunteered to participate in the “show” in a hot mid-afternoon just to get a glimpse of the royal couple?
Tell you what. If indeed it was the case, I would volunteer to undergo a circumcision myself. If it turns out that these kids were not there on their own free will but were instructed to be there, do not worry, I’m not asking you to undergo a circumcision too. Just cut your salary by half.
Do you dare to take the challenge, Lawrence Wong?
Ah Wong TCSS

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Lawrence Wong, I want to challenge you!

<CITE class=fn>oxygen:</CITE>
September 24, 2012 at 11:33 pm oxygen(Quote)
HOW COME THOSE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PHOTO HAD TO BE “barricaded” out INSTEAD OF “FREE, WILLING, ABLE & SPONTANEOUS” to join the carnival of big welcome for the royal couple? THEY ARE EXCLUDED, right? And the rest participating were carefully SELECTED, right?. What about security risks if any other Tom Dick or Harry stranger volunteer to participate when the royalty don’t seems to have been provided with security detail from that picture?
So by who is the obvious question is the apparent meticulous planning and execution of this showbiz. Was their parents’ consent secured for the kids participating? And if it was at such short notice as claimed, kids knows how to “DECOR” themselves so befiting of royalty presence. Some of the maid-care kids might not even know how to change their own underwear, let alone the neatness seemingly comparable to adult!
The “official” explanation defies all gravity of possibility that it was NOT ORCHESTRATED of political presentation – however much of obvious wayang to all you look at it from an “objective” perspective.
IT IS TOO NEAT TO BE SPONTANEOUS OF REALITY AND BELIEF THAT IT WAS NOT CAREFULLY ORCHESTRATED.

</EM>1</EM>0
Rate this

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you want to challenge someone, you need to be upfront at least start with a real identity?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why are the most odious pappies always sent to West Coast GRC?

These scums do not even have the moral courage to admit that it was indeed a wayang, and an embarrassing one too.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why suddenly the playground in HDB so clean :wink: