• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank You, Heng Swee Keat

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for slaughtering a sacred cow...banding of schools. TCH dared not do it. Tharman dared not do it, NEH dared not do it.

HSK is bold and dares to make a difference. He is one of three new leading PAP leaders. The others are CCS and TJC.

I hope TCJ feels remorseful for trying to let us believe that a 72yr old cleaner chooses to work because he doesnt want to feel bored at home. I cant believe that TCJ truly believe what he said.

I hope that HSK does not falter and truly make a difference now that he is leading the National Conversation. It is a make or break for him.

Will he be the next DPM and eventually PM?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP knows which policies are bad, it is only selfish political interest that prevents them from doing what's right for singapore.

Whenever they have a bad policy that they want to get rid off, LHL will wait patiently until he can task one of his favoured men to do the job, so that the public -- which is you -- will view him in a good light. That is how LHL retains and even increases his power base within his own party.

It is nothing but a political game. I've seen thru this long ago and am jaded.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP knows which policies are bad, it is only selfish political interest that prevents them from doing what's right for singapore.

Whenever they have a bad policy that they want to get rid off, LHL will wait patiently until he can task one of his favoured men to do the job, so that the public -- which is you -- will view him in a good light. That is how LHL retains and even increases his power base within his own party.

It is nothing but a political game. I've seen thru this long ago and am jaded.

good point...does that mean that most pap ministers are yes-men and react to orders from LHL?

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng Swee Kiat stands by teacher who 'ruined' $ 60 haircut

The woman who went to the police after her 12-year-old son's S$60 haircut was ruined before his PSLE oral exam last month received a stern response from Education Minister Heng Swee Keat yesterday.

The "simple fact" was that the boy had been reminded "over and over again" to trim his hair, said Mr Heng. When that failed, the school sent a letter to the parent.

"The mother's response was that her son was dyslexic and, therefore, forgetful. Dyslexic people are not forgetful. As one writer puts it in a media commentary, by raising such a hullabaloo, 'the mother ... did herself and her son no favours'," he said.

Citing that case, as well as a man who used a string of expletives about the teachers in his son's school, Mr Heng said the Ministry of Education (MOE) "must take a firm stand against unreasonable demands". He urged parents to be gracious to others and show respect for rules, or the younger generation will not follow suit.

"Soon, discipline will be eroded, the tone in our schools will deteriorate, and the tone in our society too," said Mr Heng, who added that good potential candidates may be turned away from being teachers.

Despite such incidents, Mr Heng noted that the majority of parents today are "supportive partners", and more help will be given to assist them in educating their children.

He launched the Parents in Education website yesterday, which contains information such as parenting tips, educational news and learning resources.

Responding to Mr Heng's comments, Madam Serene Ong - the mother involved in the hair-cut incident - told TODAY that she went to the police to file a "personal record" only after calling the MOE and on being told that it would be fine to go to the police.

Mdm Ong said: "There is no absolute right or wrong in this matter but as a parent, there should be a courtesy call from the teacher first before cutting my son's hair. We would like to work with the teachers but it also takes two hands to clap."

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heng Swee Kiat stands by teacher who 'ruined' $ 60 haircut

The woman who went to the police after her 12-year-old son's S$60 haircut was ruined before his PSLE oral exam last month received a stern response from Education Minister Heng Swee Keat yesterday.

The "simple fact" was that the boy had been reminded "over and over again" to trim his hair, said Mr Heng. When that failed, the school sent a letter to the parent.

"The mother's response was that her son was dyslexic and, therefore, forgetful. Dyslexic people are not forgetful. As one writer puts it in a media commentary, by raising such a hullabaloo, 'the mother ... did herself and her son no favours'," he said.

Citing that case, as well as a man who used a string of expletives about the teachers in his son's school, Mr Heng said the Ministry of Education (MOE) "must take a firm stand against unreasonable demands". He urged parents to be gracious to others and show respect for rules, or the younger generation will not follow suit.

"Soon, discipline will be eroded, the tone in our schools will deteriorate, and the tone in our society too," said Mr Heng, who added that good potential candidates may be turned away from being teachers.

Despite such incidents, Mr Heng noted that the majority of parents today are "supportive partners", and more help will be given to assist them in educating their children.

He launched the Parents in Education website yesterday, which contains information such as parenting tips, educational news and learning resources.

Responding to Mr Heng's comments, Madam Serene Ong - the mother involved in the hair-cut incident - told TODAY that she went to the police to file a "personal record" only after calling the MOE and on being told that it would be fine to go to the police.

Mdm Ong said: "There is no absolute right or wrong in this matter but as a parent, there should be a courtesy call from the teacher first before cutting my son's hair. We would like to work with the teachers but it also takes two hands to clap."

HSK seems to have the courage to stand up for his teachers. Previously, MOE had normally sided with parents and chided Educators.

There were cases when TCH was Minister Education (abt 1999)when School leaders who disciplined recalcitrant students but were chided by MOE staff

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done Mr. Heng. Finally we have someone doing the right thing. This is truly something that occurs every 50 years, not the flooding or ponding.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Mr. Heng. Finally we have someone doing the right thing. This is truly something that occurs every 50 years, not the flooding or ponding.

hahahaha..you are right.

This is a first time after many years that MOE stands up for teachers

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng is another weakling Ministar he support the abuse of your children by mentality disturbed teachers.

You still call him good?

Your eyes got stamp?

Last edited:

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, sec school banding is a silly thing that should have been gone long ago.
The move is lauded, but it is symbolic, more than anything else.
The next thing people should look at is the ridiculous pressure cooker called PSLE. How and why it has become the monster it is today.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
01819a72.jpg

"I have asked Minister Heng Swee Keat to chair a committee of younger ministers to take a fresh look at what we are doing. We will engage Singaporeans in this review, and build a broad consensus on the way forward. I ask for your support in this exercise."

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, sec school banding is a silly thing that should have been gone long ago.
The move is lauded, but it is symbolic, more than anything else.
The next thing people should look at is the ridiculous pressure cooker called PSLE. How and why it has become the monster it is today.

agree..

other more important sacred cows are ISA, CPF, control of MSM, addiction to cheap foreign labour, neglect of workers' welfare, etc

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
01819a72.jpg

"I have asked Minister Heng Swee Keat to chair a committee of younger ministers to take a fresh look at what we are doing. We will engage Singaporeans in this review, and build a broad consensus on the way forward. I ask for your support in this exercise."

my hope is that HSK can stand up to LHL , TCH and Tharman

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my hope is that HSK can stand up to LHL , TCH and Tharman
whoz ze mountain bhind him? ... u want him 2 go against dose burgers? ... his feather not fully grown yet ... he shudden try 2 start flapping juz yet, otherwise ...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whoz ze mountain bhind him? ... u want him 2 go against dose burgers? ... his feather not fully grown yet ... he shudden try 2 start flapping juz yet, otherwise ...

a born leader will do what is right . no need to fear useless leeders.

if HSK fears LHL, then he is not PM material. better for him to step aside and let the real potential PM step forward

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. HSH dares to do and say the right thing and I am impressed too.
It's good to have people like you who don't just lump all MIWs together and criticise or praise them as a group. It's about time we identify the good from the bad in the ruling party. This would be a good way to move the country forward as a whole. Same with the oppositions. We criticise or praise the individuals according to their performance, conduct, care for the peoples and country, sincerity and the dare to change or be different; instead of just be pro or anti the whole party, ruling or otherwise.
Cheers to you Tracy!

jw5

Loyal
HSK is bold and dares to make a difference.

It's good to have people like you who don't just lump all MIWs together and criticise or praise them as a group.

I disagree with this.
Banding of schools is not a policy that will make any significant changes to ordinary peoples' lives. More importantly, it will not make much difference to the elites and the papies and their relatives and friends.

What we should do is try and vote out as many pappies as possible. ALL of them.
It's not too late to sort out the pappies as individuals, when they ALL become opposition politicians.
I can concede that HSK would likely be one of the better individuals, but vote ALL of them out first, because their collective mentality and behaviour are not making the lives of ordinary people significantly better.

What they are doing now is a classic example of "good cop, bad cop". The "good cops" are there to enforce the "popular" policies, the "bad cops" to enforce the unpopular ones. Why do u think Heng is in charge of the conversation and not Zorro or Keechiu?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's good to have people like you who don't just lump all MIWs together and criticise or praise them as a group. It's about time we identify the good from the bad in the ruling party. This would be a good way to move the country forward as a whole. Same with the oppositions. We criticise or praise the individuals according to their performance, conduct, care for the peoples and country, sincerity and the dare to change or be different; instead of just be pro or anti the whole party, ruling or otherwise.
Cheers to you Tracy!

grea that u r objective

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were cases when TCH was Minister Education (abt 1999)when School leaders who disciplined recalcitrant students but were chided by MOE staff

TCH was ranked poorly by MOE chaps when he headed the ministry. He was very ordinary. People there spoke highly of Tharman.