• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heng swee Keat earns my respect!

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
539419_406418426080838_719027178_n.jpg

"Education Minister Heng Swee Keat said a firm stand must be taken against unreasonable demands placed on teachers."

Glad that Education Minister backed the teacher and stated the Ministry's stand on the $60 haircut 'Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report" -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...22149090.70599.213440582045291&type=3&theater

Quote TodayOnline:
Mr Heng said: "The simple fact is that the son was reminded over and over again to trim his hair. And when that failed, the school sent a letter. And the mother's response was that her son was dyslexic, and therefore forgetful.

"As one writer puts it in one of our media commentaries, by raising such a hullabaloo, 'the mother did herself and her son no favours'. Now, if parents do not show graciousness to others and respect for rules, our young will not do so either. Soon, discipline will be eroded. The tone in our schools will deteriorate, and the tone in our society too," said Mr Heng.

Source: http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/...tand-against-unreasonable-demands-on-teachers

Student should respects teachers, so should parents:
"I think people often confuse respect with rightness. Students should learn respect for their teachers, not because the latter is always right. The same way that we expect our kids to respect us, even though we sometimes make wrong decisions or do stupid things, so should our kids accord respect to teachers. It's a right teachers have earned simply for who they are and what they do.

Only when we understand and abide by this principle, then can our teachers be empowered to do the enormous job they've been tasked with - educate our kids." -- monlim

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minion $wee $wee earns your respect till one of his MoE teachers bashed your child or nephew, then we will see you braying for his blood!!

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am with the Minister on this matter. He has come across as very steady. Kudos to him.

Time to bring back discipline in the schools. I advocate Big Brother approach in public areas in schools.

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sick bastards Heng Swee Kiat and that Sado teacher.

How can you say the teacher is talented? She used force on the kid without love and respect for the kid. Do you think the kid will grow up to respect people?

This is how we impart education to our children. I fear for the future of Singapore.

You guys are screwed, because we have many indifferent Minister like Heng Swee Kiat.

I still think his 60 dollar hairstyle looks better than what the teacher did.

The child really got his haircut after many warnings. Why punish him by giving him a bad haircut by the teacher?

I think we need to examine the mental state of the teacher.

There is something wrong! Don't make a school like a military camp!!! Everybody must have a ball head like Tharman.

If I and his parent I sue the school until they wake up their bloody ideas.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only ball-licking idiots will endorse the teacher's actions. Suspend the kid, send for detention class, write lines, but do not lay a finger on him. Only his parents have that right! If that were my kid, I'd fucking sue the school. If the teacher were male, I'd confront him and bash the bastard up, and let my son have a few kicks into his ribcage while he's on the floor. Show graciousness to someone who manhandles your child? What nonsense is this?!?

Cheers!

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heng Swee Keat is one of the few new ministers who are performing well.

Performing well in offering some scraps of boons.

The only reforms are

1. Comestic benefits to teachers
a. Changing Teachers' Day date to get a long weekend
b. Raising their pay
c. Allowing them to ignore parents' complaints

2. Cull the absolute ranking system based on exam results

3. More redtape for expenses, typical MAS sign for all expenses claims

4. Tag team with Stingy Chan Kee Chew to fund more pre-school child care

Will $wee $wee dare to work with Stingy Kee Chew to implement Nordic style pre-school child care than Ruler Loong despised? He risk bringing up a legion of confident peasants who will smash regime's stranglehold on power and with that the boons grants to the Familee?

Will $wee $wee allocate more monies to fund special needs childcare and schooling?
More money for peasants' disadvantaged children means less monies for his lackeys and minions.

Does $wee $wee want to follow Nazi Germany eugenics program?

Or retain the Soviet era streaming system?

Perhaps adopt the ruthless Hongkie style, 'disabled your problem ok'.

Cows that $wee $wee will never consider unless he is able to ensure his promotion to the next level. He has taken considerable risk in making previous Education Minions look like inert turkeys, such boons given to peasants will incur Ruler Loong's displeasure and see him demoted like Half Breed Viv. No point joining Half Breed Viv to be a Canal Commander!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to put a stop to all these parent's nonsense! What kind of kids are we encouraging? How are they going to fight against FT's children in future if every little thing their parent have to step in?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Efxu4b8Ik2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is the chief of MAS and to get lau lee endorsement you must be super got liao type

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me be the first to state this.

Among the clowns in Cabinet only Tharman and HSK is PM material with the right attributes.

Right LHL? Am I a spotter of talent or what?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only ball-licking idiots will endorse the teacher's actions. Suspend the kid, send for detention class, write lines, but do not lay a finger on him. Only his parents have that right! If that were my kid, I'd fucking sue the school. If the teacher were male, I'd confront him and bash the bastard up, and let my son have a few kicks into his ribcage while he's on the floor. Show graciousness to someone who manhandles your child? What nonsense is this?!?

Cheers!

That elite parent wants to have her right. A child that has a $60 haircut, and flaunted as a $60 haircut, cannot but has come from an elite family. The haircut is therefore not the key issue. The key issue is the elitist behaviour of not abiding to rules that all others are subjected to i.e. he wanted to be given the concession of a waiver and then feebly trying to bluff his way that he forgot because of his medical condition.

If all elites are given special treatment, I don't know what will become of Singapore. So HSK is right in his reprimand. I don't care which party he is affiliated to or whether it was because of his civil service experience but he acted correctly.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap thrill. Sounds like $8 Cow in his early days. I say, just wait and see.
Sinkies just don't learn. These pappies cannot go against their master.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I concur with a no nonsense approach, I think there is a better way to handle this. Suspension is the best. Doesn't work, expel from school. These elite parents will want face and their children to get good results, so suspension and expulsion is a loss of both.

Another way, levy a fine and bill together with school fees.

Teachers are not professional barbers. If the injure the student or snips the ear, there is going to be new problems.

Last edited: