• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The extinction of the Singapore race and why the PAP will do not nothing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
People who know me will know that I am stridently anti PAP and Lee Con you. However, Con You mentioned recently that because the birth rate was so low, and that Singapore women were not reproducing enough, it will be the end of Singapore. His exact words were “If we go on like that, this place will fold up, because there'll be no original citizens left to form the majority”

I happen to agree with his statement. I am not here to say who was to blame or what can be done, but rather I want to highlight what the govt. says it wants to do. I use the word say, because many times, the govt. floats up trial balloons to test the public’s reaction. Whether they actually implement this will be another thing.

Some of the things the PAP has bantered around centre on things like paternity leave, and other things they are doing now is giving baby bonuses of $4000, and $6000 for those with 3 or more kids. Does this sound like serious measures that might reverse the birth rate? What is a pathetic $4000 going to do for a family with a baby?

Other countries that do not have such a serious low birth rate problem as we do have such policies as:
- Up to 1 year maternity leave for the mother with guaranteed employment at the same employer when she comes back.
- Up to 6 months paternity leave
- Large tax deductions for childcare expenses
- Totally free medical and school for children
- unemployment benefits of 50% of the mother’s base salary for 6 months while she is on maternity leave
- subsidized childcare facilities
- in western countries, it common to have a childcare facility in the same building that the parent works in, so they can drop of and pick up their children easily

Many more ideas and policies along the lines above are practiced in many countries.

If your low birth rate is such a serious problem, why is the PAP not pulling OUT ALL STOPS NOW. A child takes something like 20 years to be a mature contributor to society. Every day the PAP delay is added to this time. Why not go all in now and try and solve the problem, instead of the bullshit half measures they are proposing now? 20 years from now, We want to be able to say that we tried everything, gave it our best short and it did not work. Or we can say we gave it everything, and it worked. These crappy half measure will not work, they have seen it not work, and yet are still sitting on their asses with no drastic measures in sight. This will turn into a tragedy of epic proportions, in a couple of generations, a native born Singapore might be a rarity and almost certainly a minority in his own country.

What is the reason for the PAP’s intransigence to take real action? Well, real action costs money. And the PAP is all about profit. This govt., run by a tight fisted hakka jew is so cheap, they will not put money into any endeavours, unless they can see a short term or medium term return on their investment. Therefore, they are not willing to put money into programs that take such a long time to mature and that will eat into the profits of their beloved GLCs and the govt. coffers. Instead , they will hang the old scare tactic of “we don’t want to become a socialize welfare state” by offering all these benefits to women. Well, as Con you has said, in a few generation, there will be no state, welfare or not.

There is a business adage that says “it takes money to make money”. The short sighted PAP do not understand this. Look at how much a native born Singaporean spends throughout his lifetime in Singapore, versus the job stealing FT who leaves after lining his pocket, and spends the money he earned in Singapore on his family and economy in china or india. A Singaporean has to buy a flat, pay for all of his goods and services till the day he dies. An FT comes here, rents a flat with 8 other FTs from his own town, and spends as little as possible in order to save more and send back to his family. Other FTs with more money or higher paying job, do buy a flat when they get their PR, but as soon as their children become NS age, they leave and renounce their PR. Hence taking out CPF money from the system and spending it in their own country, and selling their flats for a profit and taking the money out of the Singapore economy to spend on their native country too. Lets be clear here, I will venture a guess, but I would not be surprised if for every $1 that an FT spends in Singapore, a native Singaporean will spend $3 over his lifetime. Imagine if there was a population of 4 million Singaporeans, their spending power would be equal to perhaps 8 million FTs. If the PAP can see this, they will think twice and perhaps spend some money on real incentives to have babies.

Herein lies my problem with the PAP. Their ability to tackle such a serious problem I fundamentally damaged by their money first attitude, but on the other hand, things that are not as important, they lavish billions $. Why spend $10 billion on the defense budget when there are already not even enough NS manpower to man all the equipment? If you reduce the defence budget by 10%, you have $1 billion that you can spend on solving the birth rate issue.

In summary, if you think you are getting the brightest and most brilliant minds because they are getting the highest salaries in the world, than u would be wrong. They clearly cannot focus on the real problems at hand due to blindness from greed.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good riddance! The world would be better off without a people so grotesque, callous, cowardly and ignorant. :rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not going to extinct. See Japan and Europe population drop do they extinct??? No
When population drop let said 2million in Sg. Birth rate will automatic increase.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
People who know me will know that I am stridently anti PAP and Lee Con you. However, Con You mentioned recently that because the birth rate was so low, and that Singapore women were not reproducing enough, it will be the end of Singapore. His exact words were “If we go on like that, this place will fold up, because there'll be no original citizens left to form the majority”

To be honest, it doesn't really matter if Singaporeans become extinct because there never has been a Singapore "race" to begin with. The Island was simply a hodge podge collection of natives, migrant coolies and a handful of traders left behind by the colonial masters.

Singapore has no culture, no traditions and no proper language. If it sank beneath the waves tomorrow, the world would carry on as usual and nobody else would really notice.

If sinkies become extinct, so be it. I say good riddance. Hopefully, the new immigrants will install a new operating system and reboot the whole country minus the Singlish and the Kiasuism. Nobody misses Windows Vista and nobody will miss the current version of Singapore Inc.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your low birth rate is such a serious problem, why is the PAP not pulling OUT ALL STOPS NOW. ..crappy half measure will not work, they have seen it not work, . .
Under the guise of "calibrating" (heard this before?) or balancing cheque books?? Tepid water gets cold in no time:cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
To be honest, it doesn't really matter if Singaporeans become extinct because there never has been a Singapore "race" to begin with. The Island was simply a hodge podge collection of natives, migrant coolies and a handful of traders left behind by the colonial masters.

Singapore has no culture, no traditions and no proper language. If it sank beneath the waves tomorrow, the world would carry on as usual and nobody else would really notice.

If sinkies become extinct, so be it. I say good riddance. Hopefully, the new immigrants will install a new operating system and reboot the whole country minus the Singlish and the Kiasuism. Nobody misses Windows Vista and nobody will miss the current version of Singapore Inc.

When I say "race", I mean people born in singapore, hence the race of singaporeans. I know ethnically, we are all different origins. U are mistaken if you think you will get a better deal if new immigrants come in here and reboot the system. Where are these new immigrants from? India? Than your new system will be a filty, corruption country where nothing works. From China? Than u will have a country of thieving, lying pieces of shit who will do anything to make money including poisoning infants with fake milk they sell. U are just exchanging one poison for another, better to stick to the poison u already know.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singkies deserved to be extincted for being stupid enough to vote and vote and vote those white cockroaches in time and time again

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Good riddance! The world would be better off without a people so grotesque, callous, cowardly and ignorant. :rolleyes:

I thought about that myself. I mean I believe in survival of the fittest myself, and if sinkies are acting stupid, keep electing the wrong govt., cowardly. kiasu, etc. the world would better off without them. But if you use this line of reasoning, than the world would be better off without 1.4 billion lying, cheating, loud, filfty PRC? what about the stinking, corrupted, lazy ass Indians in india, maybe the world should be better without them too, right? How about Iranians, North Koreans, other extremist muslims, they all should go extinct too? In the end, no one will meet your criteria. Yes, sinkies are idiots, but they are no better and no worse than people from other countries. The world is therefore not a better place without them.

T

TuaBui

very good example

is the Lang Fang Republic .

Gone for good .

jspanky

Thanks for the interesting read and perspectives in return! You guys are helping me learn and shape my image of Singapore as well as about the world and other countries.

I am new here (forum) and to Singaporean life but just from the limited exposure and casual readings abreast here I noticed strong feelings towards foreigners (e.g. Indians, PRC, non-Singaporeans in general) if not specific groups. It is almost like in other developed westernized countries (e.g. US) where there is an influx of foreigners legal or illegal (e.g. Mexicans) over the years and they procreate at a faster rate than majority race (e.g. White Americans) so the majority is slowly becoming the minority. I think the frustration and sentiments felt here is the same elsewhere in more developed countries since they tend to have less babies than the less educated and poor but it is just magnified 100x and rightfully so since it is a such a small and limited area to share resources with all the different races and ethnicities.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

that melange that you've just mentioned is a 'culture' of sorts.. it might not be as dominant or as strong as Japanese or Balinese culture but it is still a culture. The over riding factor is that Singapore is small & forever changing with new immigrants arriving all the time & thus not easy for a dominant culture to develop & evolve!

Singapore has no culture, no traditions and no proper language.. Hopefully, the new immigrants will install a new operating system and reboot the whole country minus the Singlish and the Kiasuism. Nobody misses Windows Vista and nobody will miss the current version of Singapore Inc.

Singlish & Kiasuism is the nearest you can get to a true Singapore language & culture before it was upgraded by Singapore Inc service pack 10.01. If you don't like it you can always block the ports that are listening. Best option is to build your own box & go for free or open source OS like Linux. Many flavours & variants. Apply the same principles to nation building & soon you'll have a server.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
When fascist political party is in power they will do almost anything to stay in power. If not for votes from new citizens the PAPzis would be out of the government in GE2011. Developed economies are geared towards a smaller population. By importing millions into Singapore we are doomed when an economic crisis hits. The PAPzis are rent-seekers. They create wealth by hoarding and controlling land and its development. Every major utility to living is largely a monopoly which is also controlled by the PAPzis. Like all fascists the PAPzis are not inclined towards innovation and creating real economic wealth or value-added goods and services. Fascists spend more of their time thinking of ways to enrich the state and themselves rather than how to create a sustainable economy.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is like a pimple and Singaporeans is the infection that leads to the pimple. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sinkies become extinct, so be it. I say good riddance. Hopefully, the new immigrants will install a new operating system and reboot the whole country minus the Singlish and the Kiasuism.

i know of only one other person who is so vehemently dead set against singlish. i pity u for sharing that sentiment. must be due to your years in the ivory tower.

and kiasuism is a global trait, not a sinkie trait. the fear of losing out is prevalent in societies without safety nets.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also agree with you.No quarrels with such a sensible article and expression of opinions. Good post! Deserved to be read and broadcast. This is what Sammyboys forum is all about. Expressing one's opinions without fear . Thank you.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought about that myself. I mean I believe in survival of the fittest myself, and if sinkies are acting stupid, keep electing the wrong govt., cowardly. kiasu, etc. the world would better off without them. But if you use this line of reasoning, than the world would be better off without 1.4 billion lying, cheating, loud, filfty PRC? what about the stinking, corrupted, lazy ass Indians in india, maybe the world should be better without them too, right? How about Iranians, North Koreans, other extremist muslims, they all should go extinct too? In the end, no one will meet your criteria. Yes, sinkies are idiots, but they are no better and no worse than people from other countries. The world is therefore not a better place without them.

cruxx thinks the best place in the world is an island of 1 inhabitant.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun worry, we will not extinct one. MIW actually got a superhero amongst them...it was only recently that the true colour was revealed.

560896_279635592149439_150259150_n.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree that there is no Singapore race, but what the government could do is not to bring so many nationalities into Singapore and also be attentive to overpopulating the country.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your low birth rate is such a serious problem, why is the PAP not pulling OUT ALL STOPS NOW.

Many years ago PAP had a "Stop At Two" campaign. This type of social engineering is irreversible. Pulling out all stops involves more than just giving out monetary incentives.