• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Sky 88 community

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
not fair to have a dedicated sky88 thread. :p

Last time i created the JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc) thread kenna merged into "new development" thread ler.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last time i created the JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc) thread kenna merged into "new development" thread ler.

Hehe maybe you've combined too many new developments :smile:

Anyway I didn't buy Sky 88, I just thought that it's a very good news for everyone who've invested in Iskandar as this showed that Johor's properties are really hot and they're in investors' radar now :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Buta san, any development can have their own folder but you have listed too many, 5 at one go plus etc so to avoid confusion i merged it in. These are all mainly condos so at some point, will split into their respective developments anyway. Others are at least just a couple of development so its still small enough to be discussed.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, 3 towers.

So now sold out is 2 towers. Still got one more tower coming isit?? But on their brochure, I always saw the picture is 2 towers leh.
Then they should call their project sky888 to symbolize 3 towers mah. haha:biggrin:

Last edited:
"sub-sale" transacted at 350k premium over original price for a hi floor unit at tower B. gathered this from skyscrapercity forum actively discussing sky 88. i have booked a buhmi unit yesteday 721sq ft close to 700k, lower floor. not many buhmi units left, those who want better hurry.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take note this premium has to be in cash unless there is special arrangement. Too much hype can be good and bad. But if 88 does really well, many other projects launched recently will do equally well.

clarencesim

Alfrescian
Loyal
any of the bumi lots facing singapore?

"sub-sale" transacted at 350k premium over original price for a hi floor unit at tower B. gathered this from skyscrapercity forum actively discussing sky 88. i have booked a buhmi unit yesteday 721sq ft close to 700k, lower floor. not many buhmi units left, those who want better hurry.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is exactly what was posted in the SkyscraperCity forum:

"High floor B03 asking for 350K premium, low floor not sought after yet, wait a whiles"

There is big difference between 'asking' and 'transacted'.

One can ask for anything and fantasize. I have purchased properties in Malaysia as well and I understand that it is not easy to sell before completion. As far as Sky 88 is concerned they have not even done the S&P agreement. Completion is at least 3 years away.

In case the curent allottee is thinking of selling the paper at 350k (like selling an option), I wish them luck. I would seriously doubt if Setia would allow this to happen and let the allottee transfer the booking to any person.

Last edited:

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW!!! Nice Post!Kind Regards.
girl.jpg

girl2.jpg

Wonderer78

Thanks for the forum !!
Shuld be signing the SPA this weekend ...
But still puzzle about the bank's loan structure... :-((

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 2012 news.... Good for developments in JB central.

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/TheStarOnlineHighlightBox/21369/0/0

Johor Mid Valley City land to cost RM259mil

PETALING JAYA: IGB Corp Bhd has agreed on a price of RM259mil or RM165 per sq ft with Selia Pantai Sdn Bhd for three parcels of leasehold land measuring 36 acres in Plentong, Johor.The land is for a proposed Mid Valley City-type mixed development, via a joint venture between IGB Corp and Selia Pantai.IGB Corp will have a 70% stake in the joint venture, with the balance owned by Selia Pantai.IGB Corp will fund its 70% portion of the project via internal funds and bank borrowings.IGB Corp told Bursa Malaysia that no valuation was carried out on the land, which is owned by Selia Pantai.The purchase price was arrived at on a willing-buyer-willing-seller basis, after considering factors such as the prevailing market value of properties in the same vicinity and surrounding infrastructure.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/29/business/11008006&sec=business

Thursday March 29, 2012

Johor’s own Mid Valley City

KUALA LUMPUR: The proposed Mid Valley City-type mixed development in Johor Baru, via a joint venture between*IGB Corp Bhd*and*Selia Pantai Sdn Bhd, is expected to take four to five years, and has a tentative gross development value of RM6bil.“Tentatively, the project will have a gross development cost of RM2bil to RM3bil. It took us 15 years to get Mid Valley City to what it is today. Hopefully, it will take us only half that time with the Johor project,” said IGB Corp group*managing director Robert Tan.IGB Corp, the developer of Mid Valley City in Kuala Lumpur, has entered into a conditional memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Selia Pantai for the joint venture.Johor Menteri Besar*Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman, who witnessed the MoU signing, said the project would complement other developemnts in the Iskandar Malaysia economic growth corridor.From left: Tan, IGB Corp chairman Tan Sri Abu Talib Othman, Selia Pantai MD Datuk Mohamed Zaini Amran, Ghani and Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor Sdn Bhd chief Executive officer Johar Salim Yahaya looking at a model of the proposed Southkey Megamall in Johor Baru.A joint-venture company called*Southkey Megamall Sdn Bhd*will be set up to acquire three parcels of leasehold land measuring 36 acres for the project within the 300-acre Southkey development in Johor Baru.Selia Pantai is the Southkey developer and is a public-private partnership between the*Selia Group*and the Johor government viaKumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor Sdn Bhd (KPRJ).IGB Corp will have a 70% stake in Southkey Megamall, with the balance owned by Selia Pantai.Southkey is located within the Johor Baru city flagship zone A of Iskandar Malaysia and is accessible via five-minute drive from the Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex as well as via Jalan Tebrau, Jalan Bakar Batu and the Eastern Dispersal Link.Tan said it was a great location for the proposed Southkey Megamall.“It is not easy to find a location like this. We are bullish on the Johor market. There are many things happening in Iskandar Malaysia,” he said.He said Selia Pantai had approached IGB Corp about six months ago with the proposal for the project, which is planned to have a retail mall as well as hotels, serviced apartments and offices.The proposed Southkey Megamall will have six million sq ft of space, and will include a net lettable area of 1.5 million sq ft, with about 7,000 carparks and can accomodate two major anchor tenants as well as 400 to 500 retail outlets.IGB Corp will fund its portion of the project via internal funds and bank borrowings.According to Tan, another six to nine months will be needed to do studies as well as resolve planning approvals and other issues pertaining to the project.“We hope to start construction in 2013. This is our first project in Johor. we are always on the lookout for opportunities. We want to look in the north also. Ideally, we want to have Mid Valley City-type developments in the south, central and north (Penang),” he said.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

even bumi unit cost RM970 psf ?!?!?! condo price in JB is really hitting the sky

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all bro....

im just signing a S&P yesterday anyone know the third tower will be office or residence?