• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP kindergarten charges $65 per parent to watch their own child graduate

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Punggol North PCF receives flak for $65 graduation tickets
Edvantage | Mon Sep 3 2012

Punggol_North_PCF_receives_flak_for_65_graduation_tickets-topImage.jpg

Photo: Example of a kindergarten graduation ceremony.

SINGAPORE - A kindergarten run by Punggol North PAP Community Foundation (PCF) has received flak for charging parents $65 to attend a graduation concert.

The Straits Times reported that at least 30 parents have signed a petition asking the principal to reduce the price.

According to the paper, a parent, Ms Irene Lum, wrote in last month complaining about the cost of the event, which will be held at Kallang Theatre.

She had pointed out that the a child's graduation is an important part of the education journey and that it did not make sense to make it difficult for families to afford.

In response, the vice-chairman of the kindergarten, Lily Hugh, responded by explaining that the price included the costs of snacks, lunch and transport to and from rehearsals, as well as for the actual day.

She also justified the location by saying that it can hold parents from both Punggol North and South PCF kindergartens.

The Straits Times however, reported that some parents they had spoken to prefer a smaller ceremony.

Five other PCF branches that the paper spoke to said that parents are usually charged between $40 and $50. Most of this amount goes towards paying for costumes.

The events are also non-ticketed and tend to have cultural-themed performances such as Malay, Indian and Chinese-themed song-and-dance items.

Most of these centres hold their ceremonies at community function halls and open spaces in their estates, the paper reported.

[email protected]

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
And instead of teaching the kids practical stuff, they spend months rehearsing for the concert.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
And instead of teaching the kids practical stuff, they spend months rehearsing for the concert.

The PAPzis must be seen to be able to keep up with their cousins in North Korea. Without the months of rehearsals how else can the esteemed PAPzi leaders enjoy their time at the graduation circus?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In response, the vice-chairman of the kindergarten, Lily Hugh, responded by explaining that the price included the costs of snacks, lunch and transport to and from rehearsals, as well as for the actual day.

The cost of snacks, lunch and transport are incurred when the concert are held at Kallang Theatre. If the concert is held in the kindergarten, many of these, if not all, costs will not be incurred.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not to mention the costumes, rehearsals cost, etc. Unless they want the event to be held at community centre hall and it is a "take and go" event.

The cost of snacks, lunch and transport are incurred when the concert are held at Kallang Theatre. If the concert is held in the kindergarten, many of these, if not all, costs will not be incurred.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In kindergarten I never had a graduation. Neither did I have one after primary & secondary school. I doubt it affected my career propsects. I'm sure most parents are too busy anyway.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
And not to mention who will be the guest-of-honour who come and eat for free, at parent's expense and children's efforts ?

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't forget that if the parents want the photograph, also have to pay on top of the $65.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will also be DVD recording for sale. This will be at least $25 each. from peer pressure, some parents will succumb and pay extra too. waste of money if you ask me. just take a few pics with your camera phone is enough.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These Pappy Scums are known leechers..

They love to suck people dry..

For them money is everything.. Its the culture of these Scums In White..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In kindergarten I never had a graduation. Neither did I have one after primary & secondary school. I doubt it affected my career propsects. I'm sure most parents are too busy anyway.

Neither did mine, nor do I remember who were with me in kindergarten! during my time, it was very rare for any child to attend one. Kindergarten, what to graduate for?? primary school, a farewell & see you again one , yes! & 99% went to the same secondary school, so it was just a see you next year! as for secondary, it was a last assembly & say good byes....tearful eyes...what graduation.

This is more of a making money out of you & feeding those 'connected'...won't a simple, cakes & drinks party at the PCF suffice?

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Pappy Scums are known leechers..

They love to suck people dry..

For them money is everything.. Its the culture of these Scums In White..
It should have been a happy occasion where the kindergarten thanks the parents for their support and treat them to a concert.

And surely with all the fees paid by parents throughout the kid's course, the miserable $65 is more than covered. This is the result of the PAP's money first, take everything upfront mentality. It has become a Wall Street government. So we now see SMRT still in a mess, Singpost showing profits but with fourth world delivery standards.

When the head of a fish stinks, the whole fish stinks.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What were they thinking? If they can't even read a simple situation it explains why they have to play hard and dirty to keep their seats in parliament. It ties in with the blogger who wrote that when he met a cabinet minister for an hour long chat, the Minister seem surprised by the blogger's many observations and wanted to check on them. Are they so detached.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah, Blame the PAP for all your troubles.

Stop flipping your fuckin prata here.. Since when have I blamed the PAP for all of my life troubles?

You obviously have a fuckin problem in Comprehension.. Read again the article..

Who initiated this $65 charges? The PAP or your fuckin Lau Cheebye?

Don't disrupt this thread and posting nonsense just for the sake of pickin up a fight with me..

Start a new thread of your own to defend the PAP and being supportive of their policies of importing your long lost brothers from India to this country, and I'll be more than happy to take you on in that thread..

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are some parents who will like to have the $65 concert, the $25 DVDs and photos. Those whose children star in key roles in the concert. Who are these children? Who are these parents?