• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Halima to Do an Old Dud to Remind SGs on 1960s & to be Grateful to FAP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Halimah Yacob to talk to Singaporeans about ‘hope’[/h]Posted by temasektimes on August 26, 2012
When the going gets tough, hope often offers solace and comfort to people and that is what Minister of State for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Halimah Yacob will focus on at the National Day Rally on Sunday – the power of ‘hope’.
Speaking to queries from the media, Madam Halimah said:
“Look at our country, Singapore. When we started in 1965, we were very poor. We were really propelled by the hope of building a better future. So I think that’s a value that we must constantly strive to preserve. And through that, provide opportunities for people so that we can ensure social mobility.”
Madam Halimah is among the three ministers invited by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to speak at the Rally tonight, the other two being Education Minister Heng Swee Keat and Senior Minister of State Lawrence Wong.
In a posting on his Facebook, Prime Minister Lee had thanked Singaporeans for their suggestions on what he should talk about at the National Day Rally.
He added he is “looking forward to sharing his thoughts on the future Singapore its citizens wished to see, and how Singaporean can work together to build a better home for all.”

Posted in News | 2 Comments »

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The likes of Halimah is just what we need tonight to throw out our dinner.
HOPE? What hope will she be talking about?
Hope that she will get re-elected in the 2016?
No substance, she is where she is because she is a woman and a Malay - to give hope to her community that if a dud like her can make it, so can they.

I am also looking forward to Lawrence Wong's funny fake accent, like school boys in a school debate.

And of course, my eyes will pop too when Heng Swee Keat appears.

jw5

Loyal
Please don't watch and save on the irritation.
The biggest irritation for me is the audience, smiling, nodding, clapping and cackling with laughter at the "appropriate" moments. :rolleyes:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must watch, got big bet on Blue or Pink? I bet Blue tonite.

The biggest irritation for me is the audience, smiling, nodding, clapping and cackling with laughter at the "appropriate" moments. :rolleyes:

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1968 Again

Huh ? Today's tap water will be alkaline ?

Yah, this year's theme is "1968". Do die but don't let the flag in your hand falls. :*:

Frankly, we are grateful to .Goh .Keng Swee. But that does not mean that you have to be grateful to LHL or even worse HSK.Halimah can be grateful because she draw close to $1m per year with he limited talent just by being on the "correct" side.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PMO should have invited one of the contributors from these Sammyboy Forum to talk about what happened in 1965 onwards / their true-life experiences.

It was tactically wrong to let Union Leader Halimah speak on such an issue.

What we went thru would have been better appreciated by those hearing the speech or seeing it on tv. The whole of Singapore would be clapping instead of the limited "lucky-ones" invited as part of the audience.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm immensely grateful to Keng Swee. He was the one responsible for national slavery and the emergence of parasites such as GIC and DSO. Majulah Goh Keng Swee! :rolleyes:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frankly, we are grateful to .Goh .Keng Swee. But that does not mean that you have to be grateful to LHL or even worse HSK.Halimah can be grateful because she draw close to $1m per year with he limited talent just by being on the "correct" side.

How about giving her $ 2 million ? Halimah will probably say, "Lee Jong Il is our beloved leader. Strong and wise, he will lead us to victory !"

Everyone will be in a state of shock.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm immensely grateful to Keng Swee. He was the one responsible for national slavery and the emergence of parasites such as GIC and DSO. Majulah Goh Keng Swee! :rolleyes:

Mm, he was the one who pioneered the SAF. But, when the emergency was over, he maintained the CHEAP defense to carry on - slavery. You forgot SIT (HDB) flats was pioneered by him.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mm, he was the one who pioneered the SAF. But, when the emergency was over, he maintained the CHEAP defense to carry on - slavery. You forgot SIT (HDB) flats was pioneered by him.

SIT...........................
I tought it was Hey Mambo Mambo Rock
Chief Minister Lim Yew Hock
Who went to London at 6 o' clock
To cut his cock.........

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

SIT...........................
I tought it was Hey Mambo Mambo Rock
Chief Minister Lim Yew Hock
Who went to London at 6 o' clock
To cut his cock.........

Lim Yew Hock era was a long time too. How come the docu said he was the one who contributed to HDB ? So, now it's ang mor, British ?

The Singapore Improvement Trust (SIT) was a government organisation set up in 1927 by the British colonial government in Singapore in response to the housing needs of the population of Singapore.[1] At that time, many people resided in overcrowded shophouses and squatter settlements, resulting in widespread disease and lack of hygiene and sanitation. Often, over 200 people would live in one shophouse. This also generated massive civil unrest and crime.

The SIT was formed with the recruitment of Captain Edwin Percy Richards as deputy chairman. The SIT was composed of professional architects and contractors to resolve this large social problem, with the goal of building affordable public housing for the common population of Singapore.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Halimah is correct, in perspective we should be grateful to PAP.

Who built SINgapore? the common man, through their hard work, blood sweat & tears built SINgapore, from a self government to the federation to a REPUBLIC. Dr.M, in one of his National Day speech to his people, thanked them for helping him to build Malaysia to what they were today.

Had our leaders ever thank the common man? the PAP should be grateful to the people for their unfailing trust & hard work building the nation!. Without the co-operation of the people. PAP is nothing!.

Be grateful for each other..we all built this country. the people & PAP!!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Folks Don't Know That Too

Who built SINgapore? the common man, through their hard work, blood sweat & tears built SINgapore, from a self government to the federation to a REPUBLIC. Dr.M, in one of his National Day speech to his people, thanked them for helping him to build Malaysia to what they were today.

Had our leaders ever thank the common man? the PAP should be grateful to the people for their unfailing trust & hard work building the nation!. Without the co-operation of the people. PAP is nothing!.

Be grateful for each other..we all built this country. the people & PAP!!

The old folks will worship him and they will continue to vote them in to screw the new gen further. He is Lee. He wanna be a 'big' boss man. He will steal any credentials and merits to fool the crowd into believing that he is all knowing and that you cannot live without him. Lies are free anyway.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Old Folks Don't Know That Too

The old folks will worship him and they will continue to vote them in to screw the new gen further. He is Lee. He wanna be a 'big' boss man. He will steal any credentials and merits to fool the crowd into believing that he is all knowing and that you cannot live without him. Lies are free anyway.

The old folks trusted him & gave him their mandate...but he had overstayed!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Old Folks Don't Know That Too

The old folks trusted him & gave him their mandate...but he had overstayed!

I agree with you a thousand-fold.

Senior Lee should have made an exit when he stepped down as PM.

He would have all the respect from all Singaporeans.

Look at Mahathir....

He left the scene and did not take up any post.

He still command the respect of many people.

Poor Lee..................

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you suggesting the audience is made up of eunuchs and sycophants?