• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vietnam man critically injured in mysterious computer explosion

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 22-year-old man was critically injured in the southern province of Tien Giang Thursday after a desktop computer he was working on exploded.

Le Dang Quang, was trying to fix some technical problems with the computer when it’s case blew off at around 7:30 p.m. said his family members.

Police are investigating the cause amidst conflicting reports about the explosion.

Doctors at the Tien Giang General Hospital said Quang has lost his left hand, his eyes were burned and he could lose his vision, and his genitals have been severely damaged.

The hospital let the family transfer him to Ho Chi Minh City on Friday morning after he his condition was stabilized.

Nguyen Van Tien, one of the surgeons treating Phuong in Tien Giang, said “The family first said their gas cylinder exploded, then they said the computer. Looks like they were hiding something.”

The family said Quang is an IT student at the Tien Giang Vocational School and that they do not know who the computer he was fixing belonged to.

Eyewitness said Quang was the only person in the room when the accident happened, shattering glass doors and windows and damaging several pieces of furniture.

Le Xuan Luong, the victim’s father, said “I was at a café in the area and some neighbors came to tell me there was a bomb-like explosion at my house.”