• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Widow files suit against step-daughter (Wendy Chan) to stop her talking on Net

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Widow files suit against step-daughter to stop her talking on Net[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
August 16th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

wendychan-200x300.jpg
Ms Chan is a keen cyclist who completed a lone 2,000km ride from Bangkok to Singapore in 2002 to raise money for the Breast Cancer Foundation.

A widow has filed a suit in High Court to stop her step-daughter from allegedly publishing online on matters pertaining to her or her family.
In the originating summon, Mdm Eleanor Tan Kok Neo is applying for an injunction against Ms Wendy Chan Mei Yoke [Link]. Mdm Tan wants the Court to declare that Ms Chan has breached the agreement between them dated 30 Sep 2011. Mdm Tan also wants the Court to restrain Ms Chan, by an injunction, from publishing in the newspapers, internet or social media on matters pertaining to her or her family. And finally, Mdm Tan wants Ms Chan to bear the legal cost of the legal suit.
Mdm Tan, 78, paid $1 million last year to prevent Ms Wendy Chan from writing about her or the family. However, in her affidavit [Link], she claimed that her step-daughter had breached the agreement by publishing information about the agreement and matters pertaining to her family on several online websites.
The dispute between them began after Mdm Tan’s husband, Dr Harold Chan, died in 2009 and left her the bungalow worth at least $20 million.
She planned to sell it and move to one of her daughters’ house to stay. But Ms Chan, who lived in an outhouse in the grounds of the bunglow, was unhappy to move out.
So Mdm Tan agreed to give her $1 million, but only if she agreed not to publish anything about the subject or matters pertaining to the family in the newspapers, on the Internet or on social media. Ms Chan also had to promise not to make threats against members of the Mdm Tan’s family or her lawyers:
wendy.jpg
Further, Ms Chan was not allowed to contact Mdm Tan at all, except through lawyers.
According to court documents filed by Mdm Tan, Ms Chan first breached the agreement in Dec last year when she made remarks about the case to Mdm Tan’s friends and relatives at an eatery. She is also alleged to have written about Mdm Tan and her family in e-mails and on several websites.
Ms Chan told the media, “I feel hurt and angry. I am not allowed to call my mother unless I go through her lawyers.”
She added, “She looked after me for 40 years and is mum for me and I am grateful.”
Ms Chan was born out of wedlock after her father, Dr Harold Chan, who was married to Mdm Tan, had an affair. Ms Chan later came to live with the family at the age of 7. After her father died, she carried on living on the premises of the bungalow until the $1 million deal was struck last Sep.
Mdm Tan said in her affidavit that she agreed to give Ms Chan the money to help her buy her own flat. Mdm Tan said the deal meant Ms Chan received her share of the proceeds from the house ahead of her five siblings.
All have moved out of the bungalow after it was sold.
According to Mdm Tan’s family tree [Link], her maternal great-grand father is Mr Chia Hood Theam. Chia Hood Theam (1863-1938), was a third generation peranakan, one of the first board members of the Singapore Chinese Girl’s School and Comprador of the Mercantile Bank for many years. He was one of the most wealthy men in that era. In fact, a family reunion of his descendants in Feb 2000 gathered almost 200 family members.
Tracing the tree, it can be seen that Mdm Tan and Dr Harold Chan have 4 children:

• Gerald Chan Teck Chuan
  • Jacqueline Chan Guek Choon
  • Bernard Chan Teck Hock
  • Noreen Chan Guek Cheng
Understandably, the family did not include Ms Wendy Chan’s name in the tree. However, it is interesting to note that Bernard Chan’s wife (i.e, Mdm Tan’s daughter-in-law) is none other than the People’s Action Party (PAP) Member of Parliament for West Coast GRC, Ms Foo Mee Har.
Hence, since Bernard Chan is the half-brother of Ms Wendy Chan, Ms Foo Mee Har naturally is the half-sister-in-law of Ms Wendy Chan.
Last year, in an article published by The Straits Times (‘New PAP faces stunned by online vitriol’, 31 Mar 2011), it mentioned that there was a bankruptcy order served against Ms Foo’s husband brought by Standard Chartered Bank [Link], the same bank that Ms Foo works for. She is the global head of priority clients at the bank. However, for some reasons, the order was later withdrawn and Ms Foo’s husband was not made a bankrupt. The Straits Times reported that Ms Foo did not want to respond about her husband’s bankruptcy matter apart from saying that he works as a general manager at an IT firm.
It is not known if the lawsuit also covers Ms Foo as part of the family, which means if the Court grants the injunction and Ms Foo is recognized by the Court as part of the family, Ms Chan then cannot also publish matters pertaining to Ms Foo.
In any case, Mdm Tan’s suit against Ms Chan will be heard by a High Court judge in Chambers on 23 Aug 2012.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the very same Wendy Chan whining all the time here? Why can't she just get a job, earn her own money and buy a flat? Furthermore she was a child born out of wedlock.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this one is old. its for the first suit.

the 2nd suit is currently on going. wait to read

and for the SCREW BOLLAH fans, i am not the one suing for anything

i am being sued.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the 2nd suit cuurently ongoing was started by OTHER party 15 dec 2012.i cant imagine no lawyer will NOT tell you how long and stressful litigation can be...

buat bodoh is not a good excuse

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
and for those who say
if one hasn't done anything wrong, one wont be sued........................

that is so FOOking stupid and laughable

in singapore, got money, got willing lawyer, you can sue anyone you wish to destroy for anything. doesn't have to be true at all
if that person doesn't wish to defend, you get judgment against them by default

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and for those who say
if one hasn't done anything wrong, one wont be sued........................

that is so FOOking stupid and laughable

in singapore, got money, got willing lawyer, you can sue anyone you wish to destroy for anything. doesn't have to be true at all
if that person doesn't wish to defend, you get judgment against them by default

lianbeng agrees with wendychan: can kana sued until pants drop! :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wendy you got 1 million bucks? Why need to live in a van?
You seemed to be the kuailan type....exposés te and that old hag step mum here to embarrass her la.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you stand with righteousness, no one can touch you.

there are one good way to bring down a rich and wealthy, die the Jesus way. Have 2 people at both sides to die with you, one is a criminal and the other is a thief.

May God bless you.

the 2nd suit cuurently ongoing was started by OTHER party 15 dec 2012.i cant imagine no lawyer will NOT tell you how long and stressful litigation can be...

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the very same Wendy Chan whining all the time here? Why can't she just get a job, earn her own money and buy a flat? Furthermore she was a child born out of wedlock.

im a FOOking bastard, yes

i can also admit that to the judge, minus the FOOking..

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey Wendy, since you are still active in this forum you must have won that first suit ?