• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagster

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can always look for Eric or Carol from EC Business. Dependable people.
Phone, +60 7-335 2040 ·
Address. 88A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century; 80250 Johor Bahru.

Work visa is different matter. You will need a company (Sdn Bhd) of 500k capitalization in order to do anything for work visa.

500k paid up capital inside a malaysian bank or just 500k as stated on paper for work visa?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do be wary of property agents in JB. My friend ( facilities manager at a condo in jb) told me that a lot of young novices are joining the industry. They tend to over promise and under deliver to get the deal. Then they disappear after getting their cut. Leaving owner, tenant and facilities manager to iron out the problems among themselves.

Yeah agree. My agent is one of them.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will this liven things up over in JB old town?

Monday, 31 July 2017 | MYT 6:42 PM

Singapore, Malaysia ministers agree to start MRT service to Johor Baru by 2024

JOHOR BARU: Singaporeans will be able to hop on an MRT train in Woodlands to cross the border to Johor Baru by Dec 31, 2024.

The Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link can carry up to 10,000 passengers an hour in each direction between Johor's Bukit Chagar terminus station and the Singapore terminus in Woodlands North, where it will join the upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL).

It is slated to greatly improve transport connectivity between Singapore and Malaysia, providing an alternative option for reducing congestion at border crossings.

The new starting date for the line was announced in a joint statement on Monday after the 13th meeting of the Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia.

The meeting was co-chaired by Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan and Malaysia's Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Abdul Rahman Dahlan.

Also present were National Development Minister Lawrence Wong, Johor Mentri Besar Khaled Nordin, and senior officials from both countries.

Officials have agreed to jointly appoint an operating company to run and maintain the cross border line's operating systems, which include its trains, tracks and signalling system.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/regi...ce-to-johor-baru-by-2024/#PuXW5AX0vOqg7sJ6.99

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just hope that it can come faster.
It's severely needed.
Also at least that they are aware of the need to improve the current causeway links.
But still no concrete action.
Anyway the project completion is so far away.
Who knows what is going to happen.
That's a few elections away.
U turns are highly possible

villan33

Will this liven things up over in JB old town?

Monday, 31 July 2017 | MYT 6:42 PM

Singapore, Malaysia ministers agree to start MRT service to Johor Baru by 2024

JOHOR BARU: Singaporeans will be able to hop on an MRT train in Woodlands to cross the border to Johor Baru by Dec 31, 2024.

The Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link can carry up to 10,000 passengers an hour in each direction between Johor's Bukit Chagar terminus station and the Singapore terminus in Woodlands North, where it will join the upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL).

It is slated to greatly improve transport connectivity between Singapore and Malaysia, providing an alternative option for reducing congestion at border crossings.

The new starting date for the line was announced in a joint statement on Monday after the 13th meeting of the Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia.

The meeting was co-chaired by Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan and Malaysia's Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Abdul Rahman Dahlan.

Also present were National Development Minister Lawrence Wong, Johor Mentri Besar Khaled Nordin, and senior officials from both countries.

Officials have agreed to jointly appoint an operating company to run and maintain the cross border line's operating systems, which include its trains, tracks and signalling system.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/regi...ce-to-johor-baru-by-2024/#PuXW5AX0vOqg7sJ6.99

Properties in jb city centre within a 2km radius of the future Bukit Chagar station should see an uptick in prices as they become "mrt property" plays. Atm they are priced at only
between 5 to 10% of similar mrt properties in singapore..

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Will this liven things up over in JB old town?
Monday, 31 July 2017 | JOHOR BARU: Singaporeans will be able to hop on an MRT train in Woodlands to cross the border to Johor Baru by Dec 31, 2024.

The Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link can carry up to 10,000 passengers an hour in each direction between Johor's Bukit Chagar terminus ........[/url]

I dont know if u hv any idea 10k pax an hr mean? it means humongous numbers man! if u r a msian, u shld be thinking what u can do at jb like having a shop or something. fr what I know the only person really super buzy with jb happenings is the sultan and his partners like peter lim for eg.
and if u think jb condos are going to be a ghost town, u must be kidding. barring unforseen political calamities, jb is going to burst. even as it is now, if u just step onto jb custom standing btwn iskandar custom and citysquare u can see the number of cars parked legally or illegally surrounding the area and the numerous people walking too n fro. its unbelievable sometimes when I observe the atmosphere there. I predict it will burst at its seams very soon even before we see the first rts tracks laid. omg!

Last edited:

sammyboyjunior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Article taken from The Star Newspaper in an exclusive interview with the Sultan of Johor in 2015.
"People talk about a glut in high-rise property units in Johor Baru. The Chinese developers are not going to build 80,000 simultaneously. Only 8,000 units are being built now. Anyway, not all these house buyers are from China as there are also locals, especially from Penang and Kuala Lumpur. There are also Singaporean buyers.

The future is in Johor because Singaporeans, not just Chinese, will be buying homes in Johor.

Homes are already beyond the reach of ordinary Singaporeans over there.

Once the links are in place, it will become the norm for Singaporeans to live in Johor and work in Singapore. That is the future."

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...iew-on-a-wide-range-of-t/#CPX3246ixOKMkw6Y.99

The Sultan of Johor predicts that a portion of Singaporean will live in JB and work in SG. He is not too bothered about the temporary oversupply issue. Eventually when SG reaches 6.9 million and with the increasing number of Singaporean becoming underemployed , and prices of many things hitting the roof. This will be the new reality.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know if u hv any idea 10k pax an hr mean? it means humongous numbers man! if u r a msian, u shld be thinking what u can do at jb like having a shop or something. fr what I know the only person really super buzy with jb happenings is the sultan and his partners like peter lim for eg.
and if u think jb condos are going to be a ghost town, u must be kidding. barring unforseen political calamities, jb is going to burst. even as it is now, if u just step onto jb custom standing btwn iskandar custom and citysquare u can see the number of cars parked legally or illegally surrounding the area and the numerous people walking too n fro. its unbelievable sometimes when I observe the atmosphere there. I predict it will burst at its seams very soon even before we see the first rts tracks laid. omg!

Not that I have a problem with it, your comment is going to make the burst even faster. It is even more faster if Malaysia lifts the visa requirement on China.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

10,000 pax per hour equals to about 166 pax per minute!
Currently, a pack train can carry only about 900 passengers so it'll means that the train intervals has to be under 5 mins.
Then there is the immigration clearance problems.
Imagine every minute, the immigration counters has to clear about 200 people (including some arriving by buses) otherwise, the Q will stretch for over 1km.
Is the immigration prepared for this?

As for your observation of huge numbers of cars parked all over the CIQ and all of Bukit Changar, mostly illegally, please be informed that these cars are mostly belong to junior govt. officers working in the CIQ and other junior and sales people working around the area and not shoppers as you imagine!
If ever they are really going to build the RTS terminal in Bukit Changar, wonder where all these thousands of cars will go to, another big problem that no one bothers to look at.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

That means there'll be an extension of Woodlands regional town .... At one-third of the price....

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
HomeFair 2017 at Persada Johor.

Homefair 2017.jpg

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
In JB.. if u see a bus stop on one side n there isn't any bus stop on the opposite side.. it still mean u can wait for any bus on the opposite side thou there isn't any bus stop..

If any Johorian or any1 know this.. correct me if I'm giving the wrong info..
Cos I've been doing that all the times.. have asked many many times n all bus drivers said yes, to wait at opposite side thou there isn't any bus stop but as long as u see a bus stop at opposite side..

I rely fully on public transport especially bus n mrt both in JB n SG..

ThankYou..

^-^

Last edited:

LowFlyer

Hi I've been browsing through this forum, but it's abit confusing... so i've come here to ask for the help of all the brothers here. Does anyone know what per-requisites are needed to be fulfilled in order to live in jb? Like a minimum income or something? I'm still studying, but I have an online job with a chinese company which pays in usd. If I did the job full time, it's possible to earn like 3-4k usd per month, maybe more... so i was thinking of doing that after my degree and just stay in jb where everything is cheaper, and where the currency exchange rate is good as well. The job doesn't pay cpf, so i'm not sure how i'm supposed to prove my income...also, the pay is dependent on the amount of work i submit. So while it is a guaranteed income, the amount of money can differ from month to month. It's not exactly a fixed amount. So my question is; if I want to buy a house in jb - say a 500k condo, I will need to pay 20k ringgit upfront and the rest is...bank loan? How to secure the bank loan? Does the bank need to confirm that i have a fixed income to lend? How much money does a person need to have to move to jb? For house, car and other things? Thanks...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I've been browsing through this forum, but it's abit confusing... so i've come here to ask for the help of all the brothers here. Does anyone know what per-requisites are needed to be fulfilled in order to live in jb? Like a minimum income or something? I'm still studying, but I have an online job with a chinese company which pays in usd. If I did the job full time, it's possible to earn like 3-4k usd per month, maybe more... so i was thinking of doing that after my degree and just stay in jb where everything is cheaper, and where the currency exchange rate is good as well. The job doesn't pay cpf, so i'm not sure how i'm supposed to prove my income...also, the pay is dependent on the amount of work i submit. So while it is a guaranteed income, the amount of money can differ from month to month. It's not exactly a fixed amount. So my question is; if I want to buy a house in jb - say a 500k condo, I will need to pay 20k ringgit upfront and the rest is...bank loan? How to secure the bank loan? Does the bank need to confirm that i have a fixed income to lend? How much money does a person need to have to move to jb? For house, car and other things? Thanks...

As far as I know, most Singaporeans travel in and out and live in Malaysia just on social visa. In Johor, there is a restriction that foreigners could only buy properties above 1 mil rm except some exempted condo developments. You could start by renting to have a feel first. Rental is something like rm 1500 to fm 2000 for condo. Rental rm 2000 pm for a 2 storey terrace house at reasonably good location or development also common.

Status
Not open for further replies.