• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboyjunior

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i am not driving, how can i get to Bukit Indah?

Take CW3 from jurong East. CW6 from boon lay. The bus stop for CW6 is not at the interchange. It is along the main road near the interchange. You could ask around when you are there. The fare is sg4 and bus is frequent . Bus travel by 2nd link. www.causewaylink.com.my for details.
There is no direct bus from woodlands causeway. I won't recommend that you to take a bus to JB sentral or Larkin and transfer to another bus to Bukit Indah. I tried it once and it took me forever to get to Bukit Indah.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
does anyone know any agent in Malaysia that helps to incorporate company and apply work visa for foreign employees?

You can always look for Eric or Carol from EC Business. Dependable people.
Phone, +60 7-335 2040 ·
Address. 88A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century; 80250 Johor Bahru.

Work visa is different matter. You will need a company (Sdn Bhd) of 500k capitalization in order to do anything for work visa.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Guys,

Anyone cares to share what the best package for residential internet/phone/cable tv subscriptions in JB currently?

sammyboyjunior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Guys,

Anyone cares to share what the best package for residential internet/phone/cable tv subscriptions in JB currently?

Yes, the hypptv/unifi is used by a lot of people I know. It is a value for money bundled package. Just check with TM if you have unifi in your area. I live near City Square and they have yet to lay the cable for unifi in my area. If you don't have unifi. TM will recommend that you use streamyx max speed 4Mbps.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the hypptv/unifi is used by a lot of people I know. It is a value for money bundled package. Just check with TM if you have unifi in your area. I live near City Square and they have yet to lay the cable for unifi in my area. If you don't have unifi. TM will recommend that you use streamyx max speed 4Mbps.

Thank you for your advice! It is for D' Suites HH.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recommendation for basic home internet (unlimited). Cheap and ok standard ?

I have a quick check

Unifil currently offers a few packages at least for one to choose from.

Also, one needs to find out if one's area is already covered by internet infrastructures. In the absence of land based connections, one may consider 4G networks packages from Maxis, Digi, Celcom, TM,....provided your area has got the coverage from these operators networks.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys / Fellow Singaporeans in Johor,

May i ask, in comparing 10 years till now, is the Utility bill in Johor (Electricity and Water bills) still the same reasonably cheap? relatively unchanged much?

Thank you

bluesky

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know past 10yrs pricing but over past year my utility + water bill does not exceed $150myr per mth (corner terrace). I water my plants twice & turn on aircon daily. Back in SG, my 5rm HDB also averages S$150 previously. :P

Last edited:

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know past 10yrs pricing but over past year my utility + water bill does not exceed $150myr per mth (corner terrace). I water my plants twice & turn on aircon daily. Back in SG, my 5rm HDB also averages S$150 previously. :P

That's fantastic, you turn on the Aircon everyday and water your plants every day, and the bill does not even exceed RM 150. May i ask how many Aircon Units do you turn on daily, and about how many hours per day? Thanks.

I wonder how would the utility fare in 2-3 Rm Condos.

sammyboyjunior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, anybody wants to meet up in JB? I considering to retire there. I'm going to rent. PM me if you can.

Do be wary of property agents in JB. My friend ( facilities manager at a condo in jb) told me that a lot of young novices are joining the industry. They tend to over promise and under deliver to get the deal. Then they disappear after getting their cut. Leaving owner, tenant and facilities manager to iron out the problems among themselves.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I turn on my 1.5hp MBR unit from 10pm-8am daily & my living rm 2hp unit from 2-10pm on average. My mom does not use aircon as she deems it cooling enough with Fan. My aircon is set at 26 degree (inverter).

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. This is a common problem. There's no regulation at all.
Probably best to get some recommendations from someone who has used their services before and has some track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.