• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewlwb

Alfrescian
Loyal
MERCER 2017
QUALITY OF LIVING RANKINGS

Rank City Country

25 Singapore Singapore
60 Osaka Japan
63 Nagoya Japan
71 Hong Kong Hong Kong
76 Seoul South Korea
85 Taipei Taiwan
86 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

92 Busan South Korea
101 Taichung Taiwan
102 Shanghai China
103 Johor Bahru Malaysia
104 Bandar Seri Begawan Brunei
119 Beijing China
121 Guangzhou China

https://www.imercer.com/content/mobility/rankings/b124578/index.html

BS. I would challenge the people from Mercer who drew up these rankings to live in any of the top 50 cities and still say they have a high quality of life if they aren't in the highest 5 or 10 percent income bracket for those cities.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I need some form of advice on 2 matters as I intend to purchase a property there.

1.) I understand that after 3-4 years, we would get our MOT (title deed) for the property. I have only 1 concern; on the title deed does it state our Passport Number or our Singapore IC? We change our passport number every 5 years, does this mean we need to change the Passport number on our title deed as well? It might be unnecessary worry, but if 5 years later, the passport number on the title deed and the number on my passport does not tally - won't that become a legal issue? e.g. Govt refusing to acknowledge that the property belongs to me etc. Can someone advice on this matter?

2.) Can someone recommend a good and reasonable removal company to Johor? I don't really have tons of stuff to move. Most probably 30 boxes, 3 big luggage, 2 Coffee Table, 4 chairs, TV, TV console.

Thanks!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I need some form of advice on 2 matters as I intend to purchase a property there.

1.) I understand that after 3-4 years, we would get our MOT (title deed) for the property. I have only 1 concern; on the title deed does it state our Passport Number or our Singapore IC? We change our passport number every 5 years, does this mean we need to change the Passport number on our title deed as well? It might be unnecessary worry, but if 5 years later, the passport number on the title deed and the number on my passport does not tally - won't that become a legal issue? e.g. Govt refusing to acknowledge that the property belongs to me etc. Can someone advice on this matter?

2.) Can someone recommend a good and reasonable removal company to Johor? I don't really have tons of stuff to move. Most probably 30 boxes, 3 big luggage, 2 Coffee Table, 4 chairs, TV, TV console.

Thanks!

1) Legal wise, yes you have to keep update your bank and other relevant authorities whenever you change passport. Given the fact that in Malaysia, none of the ministries and corporate entities database speak to one another like in Singapore case. We have to do several trips. Otherwise, you just have to engage the Lawyer used by the developer to ensure your details are well capture.

2) Google - JETZ STAR Trading Facebook page. They are dealing with 2nd hand items from Singapore. You can tompang their trip back hence saving on paying for an entire load. I used them for some of my heavier equipment like exercise machines etc. Just tell the boss - Na Na introduce you... no commission or coffee required.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore) Property Title Deed

1) Legal wise, yes you have to keep update your bank and other relevant authorities whenever you change passport. Given the fact that in Malaysia, none of the ministries and corporate entities database speak to one another like in Singapore case. We have to do several trips. Otherwise, you just have to engage the Lawyer used by the developer to ensure your details are well capture.

2) Google - JETZ STAR Trading Facebook page. They are dealing with 2nd hand items from Singapore. You can tompang their trip back hence saving on paying for an entire load. I used them for some of my heavier equipment like exercise machines etc. Just tell the boss - Na Na introduce you... no commission or coffee required.

Hi kslresidence, thanks for the quick response. I am only concerned with the property "Title Deed". I need to update my passport number on my title deed once every 5 years by paying a lawyer? Isn't that very troublesome and expensive? can't we just put our Singapore IC instead of our passport number (that keeps changing) on the title deed. What about your current property title deed which you are holding? How did you resolve yours? Thx!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi kslresidence, thanks for the quick response. I am only concerned with the property "Title Deed". I need to update my passport number on my title deed once every 5 years by paying a lawyer? Isn't that very troublesome and expensive? can't we just put our Singapore IC instead of our passport number (that keeps changing) on the title deed. What about your current property title deed which you are holding? How did you resolve yours? Thx!

well, i did check but as because our only official document which is recognised in Malaysia is our passport and not our pink IC, hence in legal papers, we are only able to supply our passport. So yes, every 5 years once your Passport number changes, you have to update. So far, my credit card, my car loan etc all under passport. Only my insurance is using my pink IC. I also don't know why.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks kslresidence, but it still doesn't make sense. Bank Accounts and Loan to amend passport number is pretty easy and it's free to change. But we are talking about an actual legal document - Title Deed. It should not be such a hassle to have the need to pay money to the lawyer every 5 years just to update the passport number. There must/ has to be a permanent solution to it.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks kslresidence, but it still doesn't make sense. Bank Accounts and Loan to amend passport number is pretty easy and it's free to change. But we are talking about an actual legal document - Title Deed. It should not be such a hassle to have the need to pay money to the lawyer every 5 years just to update the passport number. There must/ has to be a permanent solution to it.

Actually there is a solution to this problem. That is to attain PR status. However, while I am on this journey, I can surely say getting a Malaysia PR is at least 100x harder than getting a Singapore PR. My Wife Singapore PR status is a 3 months wait, 1 online application, less than 15 mins at ICA building, 1 email chaser and she is a PR of our proud nation.

While for my Malaysia PR, it is 4 times (still counting) to their immigration (each run - 2-3hrs), several run to Sumpa, 1 x interview and still no sight of my PR. Not even sight of it.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually there is a solution to this problem. That is to attain PR status. However, while I am on this journey, I can surely say getting a Malaysia PR is at least 100x harder than getting a Singapore PR. My Wife Singapore PR status is a 3 months wait, 1 online application, less than 15 mins at ICA building, 1 email chaser and she is a PR of our proud nation.

While for my Malaysia PR, it is 4 times (still counting) to their immigration (each run - 2-3hrs), several run to Sumpa, 1 x interview and still no sight of my PR. Not even sight of it.

BTW, just a sidenote. I did come across in malaysia facebook advert on paying money for mykad (Hearsay is registered in Malaysia govt system) could this be an easy way out?

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Hi bluesky,
You need to keep the passport even though it has expired. When selling, lawyer will take copy of the old and new passports for submission. Whereas the bank, yes you have to update the bank every time you renew your passport

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks ichin n kslresidence for yr comments n advice. Guys I do intend to move to Malaysia on a long term basis for a few years. I will be working in Singapore so there should be no Visa issues for me as I am commuting daily. My wife however, would only be exiting Johor once every 30 days for the sake of renewing her visa. Would there be any issues / problems faced by my wife? Would the immigration officer make things difficult for her etc? On a side note, has anyone here ever applied for the MM2H 10years Visa so as to relinquish the need n hassle to exit Malaysia once every 30 days? Any advice n recommendation would be greatly appreciated, as we would just want to prevent any conflict and disturbance from the Malaysia customs. Thanks.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks ichin n kslresidence for yr comments n advice. Guys I do intend to move to Malaysia on a long term basis for a few years. I will be working in Singapore so there should be no Visa issues for me as I am commuting daily. My wife however, would only be exiting Johor once every 30 days for the sake of renewing her visa. Would there be any issues / problems faced by my wife? Would the immigration officer make things difficult for her etc? On a side note, has anyone here ever applied for the MM2H 10years Visa so as to relinquish the need n hassle to exit Malaysia once every 30 days? Any advice n recommendation would be greatly appreciated, as we would just want to prevent any conflict and disturbance from the Malaysia customs. Thanks.

Anyone with any good valid comments on my question above? Cheers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether or not it is a 'must' to update Title Deed. But so far, I've already sold 2 properties after my passport has been changed and I didn't update a single government department nor the banks about my new passport number. I still keep my old passport though and provided the image to the lawyers for the sales. So far so good, government didn't refuse to accept me as the legal owner and banks didn't reject the full settlements from buyers(or buyers' banks). I've gotten my sales proceeds smoothly too and I didn't even use my own lawyer but the buyers' lawyers(not advisable though, better pay a few times more to get your own lawyer to safeguard your own interest as advised by others here in the past, just in case of any disagreement during the process).

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's not unusual that they will randomly ask travellers why do they visit Malaysia so frequently(that's their job). 2 friends of mine got asked and they ended up in the immigration office for 1.5 hours before being let off. I do believe that when being asked, they might have answered the officer in a not so friendly and humble way. If you reply the officers politely that your relatives are Malaysians staying in Johor and that you go to their house to stay regularly(even daily) because you really like Johor, they will give you a big smile and welcome you to Johor. If you are rude to them, then prepare to do naked squats.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not unusual that they will randomly ask travellers why do they visit Malaysia so frequently(that's their job). 2 friends of mine got asked and they ended up in the immigration office for 1.5 hours before being let off. I do believe that when being asked, they might have answered the officer in a not so friendly and humble way. If you reply the officers politely that your relatives are Malaysians staying in Johor and that you go to their house to stay regularly(even daily) because you really like Johor, they will give you a big smile and welcome you to Johor. If you are rude to them, then prepare to do naked squats.

Totally agree.

Malaysian immigration officers more human(e) as opposed to Singapore who could only come with 'I'm just doing my job'as justification.

Singapore society is serious becoming automated .The human sense of it is declining .last week holiday there many families on an outing at punggol end.Carparks full so some of them had to park on side roads double yellow line.There wasn't any jam at all..somehow an Lta warden turn up and issue tickets to about 20-30cars.Just awhile ago I saw young parents happily rushing towards playground with young children.sad that they will come back with a ticket a windscreen.Having regulations is fine but Lta should be more tolerant.life already stressful in Singapore.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have not heard of problems concerning monthly renewal of visit visa for SG passport holders in Malaysia over the last two decades at least. Currently, there must be thousands if not tens of thousands Singaporeans living in Malaysia by timely renewing visit visa. Of course no one could guarantee Malaysia wouldn't change policy in future but chances are not very high.

etheris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure whether or not it is a 'must' to update Title Deed. But so far, I've already sold 2 properties after my passport has been changed and I didn't update a single government department nor the banks about my new passport number. I still keep my old passport though and provided the image to the lawyers for the sales. So far so good, government didn't refuse to accept me as the legal owner and banks didn't reject the full settlements from buyers(or buyers' banks). I've gotten my sales proceeds smoothly too and I didn't even use my own lawyer but the buyers' lawyers(not advisable though, better pay a few times more to get your own lawyer to safeguard your own interest as advised by others here in the past, just in case of any disagreement during the process).

Hello Investor. Did you get an agent to sell your properties? Any recommendations for good property agents in JB ? cos I have a property for rent/sale

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys, can i ask in this forum, i believe most of you are Singaporeans staying and residing in Johor on a very long term basis. Can i ask are most of you still relying only on Social Visit Pass or MM2H or did you try to apply and get for PR in Malaysia? Just wish to understand the climate there and the situation I am getting myself into. Thanks!

denso61

Alfrescian
Loyal
any one got any good bankers to intro for refinancing of home loan in msia ? prefer local banks, kindly share here or pm if not convenient.

THanks and much appreciated.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi kslresidence,

If getting a PR is so crazily tough, why not apply for the MM2H instead? It still offers very long term residential status. What are you thoughts on applying for this status? I am thinking of going for it. Not sure if it's worth it though due to the deposit held. Anyone in here had successfully applied for the MM2H visa yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.