• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chuan-Jin wants sinkies to "catch" people before they jump down from flats

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be 'kaypoh', help catch people before they fall: Tan Chuan-Jin
Reach out to neighbours, friends, Acting Manpower Minister urges S'poreans

Updated 12:54 AM Aug 12, 2012

Even as the Government steps up to strengthen social safety nets, Singaporeans also have their part to do on the ground to reach out to those around them, says Acting Minister for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin.

"I believe it is not just about catching people when they fall. I believe that we can catch them before they do," said Mr Tan at the Kembangan-Chai Chee National Day Dinner on Saturday night.

Mr Tan, who is also Senior Minister of State (National Development), cited his own personal experience earlier in the afternoon, when he picked up his daughter from a community centre. She expressed concern about an old woman who had, on several occasions, asked to borrow her handphone as well as for money. "My daughter thought I should do something," said Mr Tan.

He related how they accompanied the old woman, Madam Lee, back with her to the four-room flat in which she lived with her two sons, and spoke to her as as neighbours about her apparent situation. "I have informed her MP and he is following up," added Mr Tan.

He also cited another young resident, a boy with a tumour, who had died recently. "Could we have picked it up earlier?" asked Mr Tan, noting that many residents come to him for help when things have gotten quite desperate. He added: "I would like to go upstream and do more to better understand the needs of those who need help."

In this, residents' tip-offs would be useful. "We sometimes pass by this uncle or that auntie who seem to have problems. But we do not speak to them. I ask all of us to be that much more kaypoh and chat with them"

Imploring residents to reach out to neighbours and friends, he said: "Things are different when we begin to know each other. We also become more tolerant. Suddenly the dripping laundry from above seems more tolerable when you know the friend upstairs."

He added: "Singaporeans are a good people. We are kind, compassionate and generous. There are those who like to paint a negative picture and drag us all down. I say that I (would) rather we step forward and do something and to build a society that we can be proud of."

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He added: "I would like to go upstream and do more to better understand the needs of those who need help."

Seriously want to help, then get down from that fucking ivory tower of yours.

Stop talking like your shit don't smell.

He added: "Singaporeans are a good people. We are kind, compassionate and generous. There are those who like to paint a negative picture and drag us all down. I say that I (would) rather we step forward and do something and to build a society that we can be proud of.

Singaporeans are also idiots for paying you obscene amount of money for talking cock.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The Govt has been catching the economy "upstream" by bringing in foreigners before the locals fail.

At the rate that his govt. is bringing in FTs, he has to practically chain locals to their flats to prevent them from deliberately falling from a high height.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I believe it is not just about catching people when they fall. I believe that we can catch them before they do," said Mr Tan at the Kembangan-Chai Chee National Day Dinner on Saturday night." quote

This guy have not encountered termites before I guess, you can catch 1,000's of them before they invade your wooden fence, you will still get infestation. One have to trace the termites to the source..KILL THE QUEEN TERMITES, to completely eradicate.

Who is the problem? what do you think? who do we catch first! before the person fall.... ha ha ha ha

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Mr Tan, who is also Senior Minister of State (National Development), cited his own personal experience earlier in the afternoon, when he picked up his daughter from a community centre. She expressed concern about an old woman who ...

He also cited another young resident, a boy with a tumour, who had died recently. "Could we have picked it up earlier?" asked Mr Tan, noting that many residents come to him for help when things have gotten quite desperate. He added: "I would like to go upstream and do more to better understand the needs of those who need help." ...
stop ur stoopig indulgens in trying 2 glorify urself! ... :oIo:

peasants oredi told u dot is bursting @ iz seams! ... living costs oredi soared thru ze roof! ... n much, much mor! ... u haf ze probs wif u n u haf done nutting about it! ... stop dreaming n get real! ... :mad:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Catch them?

I would rather take photos and record a video of them before they go 'splat' on the concrete. :cool:

Also, I can see that this bugger is trying to fight with Kee Chiu for the position of the seatwarmer-successor. He's saying more things and showing more 'presence'. It will be an interesting next few years, especially with the portfolio swaps and ministry revamp. Stay tuned!

jw5

Loyal
stop ur stoopig indulgens in trying 2 glorify urself! ... :oIo:

peasants oredi told u dot is bursting @ iz seams! ... living costs oredi soared thru ze roof! ... n much, much mor! ... u haf ze probs wif u n u haf done nutting about it! ... stop dreaming n get real! ... :mad:

bro, u know samburger rite?
hamburger is what we can buy at Macs or BK.
tis one is humbuger.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
"There are those who like to paint a negative picture and drag us all down"-Acting Minister for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin, it is all in you mind.
MM Lee suspected that the whole world was trying to pull down Singapore in 1965 when hardly any one knows where was Singapore except traders who knew the Singapore port.