• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS law professor in CPIB probe over exchanging grades for sex

T

TuaBui

Orders just came down .
case coming to a close very soon .
offers and counter offers .
running a tight ship.
a break needed before CHC hearings next month.
The Moral of the Story : Never Keep A Red Sofa In Your Office .

----------------------------- The End --------------------------------------

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll never find this type of article in the Shit Times. This Hongkie Prof seems to be saying:

If you ain't got Rule of Law
You ain't got nothing
Neither is it free
You gotta fight to preserve it
Should the need arise
By this measure, Sinkies ain't got no Rule OF Law
But instead only have Rule BY Law because ... ... ...

Please fill in the blank. Cheers, Asterix

Plenty of talk about rule of law but do we truly care?
When put up against expediency, core values don't always come out winning with the public

The rule of law is an ideal that public life be organised based on principles, rules and law. Public officials' role, authority and the exercise of power should be based on law, and checked and balanced so that arbitrariness can be minimised.

The core idea is to restrain power and to provide a principled basis for its exercise. Power should be justified and reasonably curbed.

An independent judiciary based on equality, justice, fairness and deliberation is essential to putting that ideal into practice. Judicial review - the court's power to review the legality of government acts - is but the cornerstone.

Also important, besides institutional arrangement, is how the people value the ideal. If people no longer see restraining arbitrary power and a principled public life as essential to a free society, or when people are willing to compromise the law's function to scrutinise power for the sake of, say, utility and expediency, our liberty and autonomy will be jeopardised.

The rule of law is always said to be a "core value" that Hong Kong embraces.

If so, when a right or principle that is fundamental to the rule of law is at stake, one would expect the people should be able to identify and opt for it, even at some cost.

However, when people think a fundamental right or principle can be circumscribed for the sake of expediency, core values can't exist.

When we say the rule of law, we mean it. Hong Kong people should take it seriously, see its relevance to public life and discourse and be ready to give to defend it as a core value.

The above is just an extract. For full article please click below:

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?149657-Plenty-of-Talk-about-Rule-of-Law-But-Do-We-Truly-Care

Last edited:
T

TuaBui

14) Do not use a red sofa set: The colour red represent the element of fire. And for fengshui, some places simply cannot have the colour red in that sector. For example : the wealth area or some other sectors which without a fengshui check would be unable to tell you where it is. A red sofa sets gives rise to heavy work pressure, troubles and obstacles. Most people simply accept that life is like that without realising that THAT is caused by the bad fengshui of that red sofa ! Fengshui Solution ? Change the colour of your sofa.

http://www.fengshuiqueen.com/abtfs/fs_unplug/thehome.html

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
14) Do not use a red sofa set: The colour red represent the element of fire. And for fengshui, some places simply cannot have the colour red in that sector. For example : the wealth area or some other sectors which without a fengshui check would be unable to tell you where it is. A red sofa sets gives rise to heavy work pressure, troubles and obstacles. Most people simply accept that life is like that without realising that THAT is caused by the bad fengshui of that red sofa ! Fengshui Solution ? Change the colour of your sofa.

Are u furniture salesman ?

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NUS Law Prof in Sex - For -Grades scandal

Law prof in sex-for-grades trial says former student deserved poorer grades

By Claire Huang
POSTED: 10 Apr 2013 4:00 PM
UPDATED: 10 Apr 2013 10:09 PM

NUS law professor embroiled in a sex-for-grades corruption case said on Wednesday that his former student deserved poorer grades than he had given her.

stock-tey-tsun-hang-02.jpg

National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor Tey Tsun Hang. (photo: Francine Lim, channelnewsasia.com)CPIB officer Bay Chun How leaves the Singapore Subordinate Courts (photo: Francine Lim, channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE: The National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor embroiled in a sex-for-grades corruption case said on Wednesday in court that his former student deserved poorer grades than he had given her.

Tey Tsun Hang faces six allegations that he obtained gifts and sex from former student, Darinne Ko, some time between May and July 2010, in return for lifting her grades.

In one of his six statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB), Tey said Ms Ko did not deserve the 'B+' grade she was given for her test on Equity and Trust.

The 41-year-old said Ms Ko "deserved to just pass the paper".

In the statement made in the evening of 5 April 2012, Tey also said 23-year-old Ms Ko should not have gotten a "B" grade for the Personal Property Law paper.

He said in the statement Ms Ko "was a borderline failure".

The statement, which was Tey's second, was recorded by CPIB officer Wilson Khoo.

It also stated that Tey was expecting gifts from Ms Ko, which she gave willingly.

But on Wednesday during the cross-examination of Mr Khoo, Tey said these comments could not have come from him.

For example, Tey pointed to the words "borderline failure".

He said there's no such category used at NUS, so he could not have said it.

Tey is making the point that the statement is false.

On his statement that Ms Ko had informed him of her pregnancy, Tey said he could not have said something as nonsensical as that.

In the statement, he said he asked Ms Ko not to abort the child as he only had a daughter and wanted "to have another child".

Tey told Mr Khoo that he did not want his family know about the pregnancy.

However on Wednesday, Tey said he never made such a statement.

In his second statement to CPIB, Tey admitted to receiving 10 items from Ms Ko, including a Mont Blanc pen, a Tissot pocket watch and shoes.

However on Wednesday, Tey said six of the 10 items were not related to the charges.

Tey was trying to make the point that he was in a state where he admitted to receiving items that were not related to the charges.

The law professor said he was so traumatised and stressed that he told CPIB he received all 10 items from Ms Ko.

Moving on to his third statement, also recorded by Mr Khoo, Tey pointed out that it did not make sense for him to confess to receiving items from two assistant registrars of the Supreme Court.

He also questioned the rationale in implicating them.

The hearing has proceeded to Tey's next three statements, statements 4, 5 and 6, which were recorded by CPIB's deputy director, Teng Khee Fatt.

Earlier, CPIB officer Bay Chun How testified in court over Tey's first statement, recorded on 5 April 2012.

- CNA/ck

T

TuaBui

just for those who following

http://admin.edvantage.com.sg/edvan...f_I_had_sex_on_sofa_with_another_student.html

T

TuaBui

http://www.tnp.sg/content/law-prof-i-changed-d-grade-after-sex-and-gifts

Law prof: I changed D grade to A after sex and gifts

April 11, 2013 - 1:05am

She deserved a D grade for her Cross Border Insolvency exam paper, but her National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor Tey Tsun Hang gave her an A instead.

And it was because she had given Tey, 41, gifts such as two pairs of shoes and a Waterman pen, he said in one of his six statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

Tey, who is on trial for corruptly obtaining gifts and sex from the former student, Miss Darinne Ko, 23, in exchange for better grades, challenged the contents of the statements in court yesterday.

More than once, he described his “confessions” as ludicrous and incredulous and, at one point, even said that he is “not the author”.

After a trial-within-a-trial on April 1 to determine if Tey’s CPIB statements could be admitted as evidence after he claimed the statements were made under duress, Chief District Judge Tan Siong Thye had ruled that all six statements could be admitted as evidence on Tuesday.

Read the full story in The New Paper on Thursday (April 11)

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sounds like Tey got too clever for himself. He might have wanted toplant in rubbish in his own statements so that the CPIB can get damm happy for having recorded anything they like but he certainly did not expect to get his case buang by the presiding judge ....

That was his mistake... assuming that he was gonna get his statements thrown out ... hahahahahaha

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CRA's Chen Sei Lee and Prof Tey Tsun Hang staying together in Toa Payoh!

Saw this in another forum.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=60320

Dear Editors,

I had been following the trial of Prof Tey Tsun Hang with interest especially when I’m one of his neighbours. I started to notice him months ago after reading about him in the newspapers. He is residing with a lady whom I thought was his wife until I read The NewPaper this afternoon (http://www.tnp.sg/content/witness-as...nship-law-prof).

The lady in the article who claimed to be his “close friends” must be his lover since she is not his wife and they are staying in the same unit. I had also noticed them behaving in an intimate manner in public. I am disgusted by a man like him who tarnishes the sacred marriage vow and continues to do so with no remorse.

These are pictures that I took when I saw them shopping in Toa Payoh Central. If you do not believe what I say, you can pay them a visit at Blk 119 Toa Payoh Lor 1, 8th floor.

12637360.jpg

12637339.jpg

http://www.tnp.sg/forum/tey-tsun-hangs-other-lover

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: CRA's Chen Sei Lee and Prof Tey Tsun Hang staying together in Toa Payoh!

hi there

1. fat kid.
2. you cannot be jealous of ah tey hoh:biggrin:
3. he should have some appetite mah.
4. milf or young chick, all makan:p

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This guy is a woman magnet! I think he walks this way because of his heavy burden at his groin.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From another thread:

I just did an online IQ test. Compared to the one I did some years back before I joined this forum, my score dropped 29 points.

Just hope I don't end up like scroobal. That would be real pathetic.

Haven't been long in this forum
Noticed whenever there is something hot
A by-election, sex scandals and what not
PAPzis' IBs will come out in full force
Re-postings of ST & CNA articles wholesale
To cover their tracks it seems
Reading these without exercising your critical faculties
May have been the true cause of your drop in IQ

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Cheers, Asterix

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

OK, looks like I've not been completely UNSINKIFIED. I predict that years from now, I will look at this so-called "poem" with horror - for the language and not the contents. In all other aspects, I believe myself to have been completely UNSINKIFIED.

Cheers and Enjoy:

Kaypohs in HDB flats, plenty many may I say
Brains very little, voice very loud
This they say is MENOPAUSE
Many an uncle suffer ‘cos of this
Grow apart is normal, stay afar is better
Marriage is on in public
In private it is all off

Why like this one you ask
Gecko Charter very power
Half, half bery painful you know

Auntie no happy to see other people happy
She go kow pei, kow bu
Husband no chep, she no happy
Kaypoh got lucky, click, click, click
Send to ST, revenged on all men she say

Ah Tey also quite Goondu
Stay low during show trial lah
This, Ah Beng also know
Stay low means no click, click, click
Shit Times, IB got no ammo

Got relevance to charge or not
Ah Judge sure have to say NO
BaoQingTian Ball-less Tan is not
Trial by media is not allowed
This simple, Ah Neh Court also know
Sinkie Kangaroo just look the other way

Last edited:

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NUS Law Prof in Sex - For -Grades scandal

Parts of the statements was not made by me: sex-for-grades law prof

By Claire Huang
POSTED: 11 Apr 2013 10:58 PM

The law professor embroiled in a sex-for-grades trial said that the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) officers who recorded his statements included details he could not have made.

stock-tey-tsun-hang-03.jpg

National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor Tey Tsun Hang. (photo: Francine Lim, channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE: The law professor embroiled in a sex-for-grades trial on Thursday said that the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) officers who recorded his statements included details he could not have made.

Tey Tsun Hang, 41, is defending himself against six counts of corruptly obtaining gratification in the form of gifts and sex from his then-student Darinne Ko Wen Hui, 23, between May and July 2010 in return for lifting her grades.

CPIB investigator Wilson Khoo and deputy director Teng Khee Fatt testified in court on Thursday.

Tey said that he could not have told Mr Teng that the board of examiners was meeting soon, in relation to the final ranking of the National University of Singapore’s students.

This was because the board was scheduled to meet on 24 May, the day the statement in question was taken.

Mr Teng however disagreed, saying that Tey told him this during the recording of the statement.

Tey also said Mr Teng excluded many important details from his investigation diary.

For example, Mr Teng instructed his officers to make copies of Tey's two cheque books. Tey had previously said the cheque book entries showed that he paid Ms Ko for the gifts.

Based on the examples, Tey said the investigation diary could not be taken at face value.

However Mr Teng countered that the exclusion of some details from the diary did not make the entries untrue.

The trial continues.

- CNA/jc

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

27612352%20-%2010_04_2013%20-%20jiprof11.jpg

By: Foo Jie Ying

She deserved a D grade for her Cross Border Insolvency exam paper, but her National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor Tey Tsun Hang gave her an A instead.

And it was because she had given Tey, 41, gifts such as two pairs of shoes and a Waterman pen, he said in one of his six statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB).

Tey, who is on trial for corruptly obtaining gifts and sex from the former student, Miss Darinne Ko, 23, in exchange for better grades, challenged the contents of the statements in court yesterday.

More than once, he described his “confessions” as ludicrous and incredulous and, at one point, even said that he is “not the author”.

After a trial-within-a-trial on April 1 to determine if Tey’s CPIB statements could be admitted as evidence after he claimed the statements were made under duress, Chief District Judge Tan Siong Thye had ruled that all six statements could be admitted as evidence on Tuesday.

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not lawyer, but since all his confessions are admissible, can the court charge him just based on his confessions?

27612352%20-%2010_04_2013%20-%20jiprof11.jpg

By: Foo Jie Ying

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not lawyer, but since all his confessions are admissible, can the court charge him just based on his confessions?

Aiyah. Bery simple lah. Confession must be voluntary. So if Ah Tiong is subjected to harsh treatment, then confess under pressure. Then of course, confession is not reliable. Small child also can understand lah. After all, when faced with an angry mother with a Teng Tiu (cane), he will cry, cry and under pressure admit to having eaten the last piece of cake, even tho' he had no idea who actually ate it except that it wasn't him. All he wants is to avoid his backside becoming RED.

Also did Lecher Tey write it himself or CPIB write it for him and pressurise him to sign it. Even the star prosecution witness had her statement written for her, so you can see what type of Mafia your CPIB is!

Grade D to Grade A ah! You're kidding me! Where got Prof so stupid one! Like that lobang very easy to pichia. Very likely someone wrote it for him and forced him to sign it.

Besides, the easiest thing to do is take a few exam papers, one of which is the girl's, champo them up so nobody knows which paper is whose and let at least two independent markers from same NUS faculty grade them. If it turns out that the girl's paper is graded A by one and B by the other - it is reasonable for marker to give her A. Case collapses. Why does the Judge not allow this? You know I know lah. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that's why i said beginning of end
just because he is a lawyer means he can Overcome whatever "abuse" at him?

Last edited: