• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

being sent letter, waiting to be sued

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah I am seeing the dejavu of Malaya petty family squabbles over worthless land and property fueled to skyrocketing prices by monies made overseas, especially from Singapore, pumped back to the local economy. Singapore is still very much part of Malaysia as the spelling indicates, with the Chinese particularly squabbling in the feudal lord manner over pieces of shit land with buildings of even shittier standards, hyperboling with lawyer letters and the works. In Malaysia, lawyers are very cowboy and adherence to the law is a joke. Singapore is seeing a resurgence of cowboy law practice from Malaysia where pride and forcing for monetary payments returns. But the properties and land are not fungible and are highly illiquid.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blame it on the old deceased geezer for raw fucking too many women out of wedlock and getting them pregnant. now his illegitimate offsprings are bearing the brunt of his shit that he joyfully created.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess it started already...

ST_20120815_VIYOKE15_3254777e.jpg

A WIDOW has launched a High Court bid to stop her step-daughter from allegedly bad-mouthing her online.

Madam Eleanor Tan, 78, paid $1 million last year to prevent Ms Wendy Chan from writing about her or the family.

But she claims the step-daughter has breached this deal in e-mails and on several websites.

Now, the widow wants the court to issue an injunction to make sure the pact is upheld.

The dispute between the pair began after Madam Tan's husband died in 2009 and left her a $20 million bungalow in Lornie Road. She planned to sell the property, a move accepted by her other family members. But Ms Chan, who lived in an outhouse in the grounds, was unhappy at the prospect of having to move out.

So Madam Tan agreed to give her $1 million, but only if she agreed not to publish anything about the subject in the newspapers, on the Internet or on social media. Ms Chan, 47, had to promise not to verbally abuse her step-mother or show disorderly conduct towards her. In fact, she was not allowed to contact her at all, except through lawyers.

But the pact was apparently short-lived. Last December, the step-daughter made remarks about the case to the widow's friends and relatives at an eatery, court documents claim.

She is also alleged to have written about Madam Tan and her family in e-mails and on websites. Then, last month, the case found its way onto the "sammyboy" Web forum.

One of the things that the court will have to decide is whether the agreement signed by the step-daughter amounts to a total gag on speaking about the family or whether it was meant simply to stop her bad-mouthing them.

Ms Chan's lawyer Philip Ling is due to file papers giving her side of the story. In the meantime, she told The Straits Times: "I feel hurt and angry. I am not allowed to call my mother unless I go through her lawyers."

The 47-year-old swimming coach added: "She looked after me for 40 years and is mum for me and I am grateful."

Ms Chan was born out of wedlock after her father, who was married to Madam Tan, had an affair. She came to live with the family at the age of seven. After her father died, she carried on living in the bungalow until the $1 million deal was struck last September.

The widow said in court documents that she agreed to hand over the money to help Ms Chan buy a flat of her own. She said she also gave her $36,000 to help with rent.

Madam Tan added that she wanted to keep the peace in the family and that the deal meant Ms Chan received her share of the proceeds from the house ahead of her five siblings.

The siblings have all moved out of the Lornie Road bungalow, which has now been sold.

Ms Chan is a keen cyclist who completed a lone 2,000km ride from Bangkok to Singapore in 2002 to raise money for the Breast Cancer Foundation.

A pre-trial conference was held yesterday and another hearing is due next week.

[email protected]