• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parliament to discuss City Harvest case on Monday

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
A question touching on the City Harvest Church saga has been tabled for the next Parliament sitting on Monday, July 9, along with others on voters, transport, education, health and manpower issues.

Also likely to be closely watched is the Government's response to the Committee of Inquiry's report on the MRT breakdowns, to be delivered by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew.

Nominated MP Laurence Lien is asking the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports why the Commissioner of Charities' governance review of the church in 2008 had not uncovered the lack of compliance with regulations.

Mr Sitoh Yih Pin (Potong Pasir) meanwhile has tabled a question asking whether Singapore diplomats had indeed attended a political rally in Kuala Lumpur in April.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A question touching on the City Harvest Church saga has been tabled for the next Parliament sitting on Monday, July 9, along with others on voters, transport, education, health and manpower issues.

Also likely to be closely watched is the Government's response to the Committee of Inquiry's report on the MRT breakdowns, to be delivered by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew. MINISTER LUI: The COI is only the first step. All concerned, including the Ministry will study carefully and to take steps which will ensure that such failures will not happen in every 50 years. In today's world, anything that happens within 25 years is acceptable.)

Nominated MP Laurence Lien is asking the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports why the Commissioner of Charities' governance review of the church in 2008 had not uncovered the lack of compliance with regulations. MINISTER: As you can well imagine, when a thief is determined, there are ways to hide the matter. While we uncovered that they were paying their staff 3 times more than they were paying out in the form of charity, there were no laws are regulate the ratio. They also had a firewall of very loyal well-paid staff who were hard to penetrate. The important thing is that it is better late than never; it could have been later, so we should count our blessings indeed.

Mr Sitoh Yih Pin (Potong Pasir) meanwhile has tabled a question asking whether Singapore diplomats had indeed attended a political rally in Kuala Lumpur in April.
MINISTER: Mr Sitoh Yih Pin must have been very busy with the upgrading process in Potong Pasir to read the papers. My ministry's comments on the matter that our staff HAD been at the rally, as part of their diplomatic duties. Luckily, he is a MIW, otherwise, I would have accused him of incompetence.

Next question please.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Sitoh Yih Pin (Potong Pasir): Mr Speaker Sir, I thank the learned Minister for his reply. Please allow me to clarify and rephrase my question. I wish to ask whether Singapore diplomats had indeed attended the political rally in Kuala Lumpur wearing the Bersih T-shirt. The main stream media had quoted me out of context as in many cases involving PAP MPs or Ministers.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Short of closing down CHC, which would be the best result, the next best thing is to enact a law barring convicted people from leading, preaching, collecting tithes and be on board of a church.

The third best thing would be to classify all churches registered after 1990 as non charities and tax them 80% of their takings.

The next best thing is to investigate where all the money came from that allowed CHC leaders to drive flashy cars and pen up their bank accounts.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a good idea because there are convicts who became good pastors. I think prevention is better than cure. They should pass a law for all religious societies to strict adherence to the code of governance so that senior pastors cannot dictate what a church does

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a good idea because there are convicts who became good pastors. I think prevention is better than cure. They should pass a law for all religious societies to strict adherence to the code of governance so that senior pastors cannot dictate what a church does

WTF. Only sinkies can think like this. If you don't understand how absurd and impractical your idea is........I give you an idea......

Can we pass a law so that everybody respects each other and not utter any vulgarities?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF. Only sinkies can think like this. If you don't understand how absurd and impractical your idea is........I give you an idea......

Can we pass a law so that everybody respects each other and not utter any vulgarities?

The govt already recommended this a few years ago but the churches have all kinds of crap excuses not to go along. I say ignore them.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
theres should be some laws to control these religions shit.....gosh 33,000???thats huge...10 more years 3.3 million...he can form an army and a new republic etc...

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
capital punishment!

4487253270_30be8fe614.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Before they start the discussion on CHC, must have a show of hands to see who are CHC members, hahaha..................

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
daftsinkie
user-offline.png
<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt> <dd>Mar 2011</dd><dt>Posts</dt> <dd>196</dd></dl>
[h=2]Why PAP MPs all "siam" WW issue, only Slyvia dare bring to Parliament?[/h]
Because WW linked to several Elites in PAP, so they diam diam is it?
rolleyes.png

Ms Sylvia Lim: To ask the Minister for Law regarding the conviction of Dr Woffles Wu for abetment of giving false information to the police in what manner did Dr Wu abet the giving of false information to the police; whether the Attorney-General's Chambers' statement of 17 June 2012 explaining the choice of charge against Dr Wu has addressed public concerns about the equitability of the legal system; and whether the Ministry has confirmation that written grounds of decision will be given by the sentencing court, despite there being no appeal pending.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before they start the discussion on CHC, must have a show of hands to see who are CHC members, hahaha..................

It would be zero. No self respecting & decent Christian would want to be in CHC.

Only insecure Christians would gravitate towards such a church.

Last edited: