• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the guys are right, if possible avoid bumi unit. But no choice here as the window for foreigners to buy a 500k condo is closing fast. Buy above 1 million and i guarantee you are dead. Setia assured the bumi unit release are all international unit with no selling to bumi restriction. I just have to trust them as they are big reputable company.
Any way in a few years 500k will be within reach of most malaysian including bumi if i need to sell.
Look at the bustling Bukit indah, those areas are all below 500k housing. Look at the foreigner enclaves at 1 million or more housing and you see a ghost area at night. No offense but the owners are mostly absent and using it as weekend escape or everyone waiting for the others to move in first. It is pretty obvious why cos living there is scary -in case the robber is choosing which unit to rob and rape...it is pretty obvious if you are the only one there. After dark, even driving pass horizon hill, ledang heights, bayou or even BI semi-d enclaves is scary- empty and dark and lonely.
I value landed over condo but not in malaysia. in malaysia you must value your life or your family first.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another pessimist spotted. How not to be when you read in the news a mother of 5 kids was shot dead in front of her kids in KL? How can a human do this to another ? And get paid for like rm50k ?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the guys are right, if possible avoid bumi unit. But no choice here as the window for foreigners to buy a 500k condo is closing fast. Buy above 1 million and i guarantee you are dead. Setia assured the bumi unit release are all international unit with no selling to bumi restriction. I just have to trust them as they are big reputable company.
Any way in a few years 500k will be within reach of most malaysian including bumi if i need to sell.
Look at the bustling Bukit indah, those areas are all below 500k housing. Look at the foreigner enclaves at 1 million or more housing and you see a ghost area at night. No offense but the owners are mostly absent and using it as weekend escape or everyone waiting for the others to move in first. It is pretty obvious why cos living there is scary -in case the robber is choosing which unit to rob and rape...it is pretty obvious if you are the only one there. After dark, even driving pass horizon hill, ledang heights, bayou or even BI semi-d enclaves is scary- empty and dark and lonely.
I value landed over condo but not in malaysia. in malaysia you must value your life or your family first.

If you are buying for long-term stay with no intention to sell it in the next few years, I think it's ok? The price sounds right and location is good. Just curious, you are retiring there or still travel back to SG regularly?

The foreign enclaves you mentioned are selling at a ridiculous RM750 to RM1000 psf! There are hardly any amenities nearby also. I doubt any local Malaysians will buy there even if given another 10-15 years time. Too expensive. So I am expecting no resale prospects there.

Yes, my friend once drove me around Medini area at night. It's so quiet. If one walks around there alone, it can feel very scary. If anything happens to you, no one will know. Even in day time, there are hardly any cars or people around. I really would like to see how the whole area will be developed. It will take a very long time.

Now looking back, I think new condos in those secluded areas should have been sold at RM300-400 psf. Developers must have capitalised on the greed of buyers when they rushed to buy a few years ago.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another pessimist spotted. How not to be when you read in the news a mother of 5 kids was shot dead in front of her kids in KL? How can a human do this to another ? And get paid for like rm50k ?

Aya the pro Johor properties guys will call it small matter, even IS declare war on Malaysia also small matter.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many times i have to say this!!!! You cannot trust SP Setia. You are making a big mistake buying their property.