• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kong Hee is betting "ALL IN!" CHC now lay down the gauntlet to the Government. TOC rp

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/06...vest-executive-member-alleges-coc-defamation/

Nothing happens in Singapore without the go ahead by the PAP. Nothing moves in CHC without Kong Hee! KNNBPCB, you City Harvest Fucking Bastards really have balls. Lee Kuan Yew is not even dead yet!

TOC understands that this letter has been sent by Christopher Pang, an Executive Member of City Harvest Church, to the Ministry of Community Youth and Sports (MCYS), copied to members of the media.

Dear Mr Chan Chun Sing,

I read with disappointment the defamatory article posted in MCYS’ Press Room entitled “Inquiry found misconduct and mismanagement in the City Harvest Church”.

I am an Executive Member of City Harvest Church, and yes, five people from my church were taken in yesterday, 26 June 2012, for investigation and it was announced they would be charged. Among them are the senior pastor of my church Pastor Kong Hee, and our deputy senior pastor, Pastor Tan Ye Peng.

The “report” that the Commissioner of Charities put up is offensive in the following ways:

1.The five individuals had not been yet charged on 26 June 2012. But the report was already posted online, and circulated to the public. Does the Commissioner of Charities feel that it is the judge of these five individuals, and not our judiciary? By posting this report, it is already declaring these five individuals “guilty” of wrongdoing even before the Singapore legal system has begun speaking to these five individuals. Frankly, this is defamatory, and necessitates an apology from the CoC.

2.There are some points in the report that make accusations that are not supported by evidence. For example,

a) Section B point 5: “donations and tithes to the Charity were transferred to a private fund known as the Multi-Purpose Account.” This is a fabrication. The MPA was purely a private fund and the donors knew they were contributing to the Crossover Project and to supporting Pastor Kong and Sun. In fact the MPA was set up by donors who specifically wanted to contribute to the Crossover Project as we the members of the Church support this as part of our missions work. Monies from CHC’s accounts were not transferred, as accused by CoC, to this MPA. It was a private fund. Definition of “private”: “Belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.” So, there was no need for the members outside this group to know about the MPA.

b) In paragraph 2 of the press statement, the CoC insinuates that $23M was used to finance Ho Yeow Sun’s secular music career and gives the impression that money was depleted from the Building Fund. It fails to mention that the audited accounts show that these funds were actually used to purchase bonds with an interest yield of 7% and were duly redeemed with interest upon their expiry date one and a half years’ ago. So no monies have actually been lost to our Church’s Building Fund, in fact the 7% yield of these matured bonds have made this a much better investment than putting the money into fixed deposits with pathetic interest rates.

3. Inflammatory and emotive language is used throughout this report, to the effect of inciting indignation in the reader. Examples:
a. Section B, Point 4: “the Charity’s funds were used to finance the Project under the guise of donations to its affiliated church”.

b. Section B, Point 5: “There was even an attempt to conceal the existence of this Account”

While I understand the need to CoC to conduct an inquiry into this matter, I strongly disagree with this report being posted online and re-posted on sites like ST.com when the five have not even been formally charged in court! I take offence at the—frankly amateur—way it has been written and the incendiary language it uses.

I have been a member of City Harvest Church for 18 years. Our pastors have always been open and honest with us, while trying to accomplish the vision God has given our church in the best way they know how. Whilst they may not be perfect, integrity has always been their hallmark.

In Point 6 of the report, the CoC says it may take action against these individuals “in order to protect the charitable property of the Charity.” We the members of the Church have given voluntarily to the Church and the Crossover Project, monies have never been solicited from the public. We are a society and do not owe members of the public any account of our how our funds are used, yet we post our audited accounts online on our website for transparency and accountability.

I can assure you the “charitable property” that I have donated to the Charity does not need protecting by CoC. Pastor Kong Hee, Pastor Tan Ye Peng, Chew Eng Han, John Lam and Sharon Tan have my—and I am sure my fellow churchmates’—trust and support. We know them, trust their integrity and we have seen the fruit of their labour. Nothing that they do is for personal gain, glory or self-furtherance. I am therefore not supportive of the CoC’s suspension of the 8 persons from their offices.

I write to respectfully ask that the CoC apologises to City Harvest Church and its members for this inexcusable report and its poor timing.

Yours truly,

Christopher Pang

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kong Hee is betting "ALL IN!" CHC now lay down the gauntlet to the Government. TO

Christoper Pang must be a very confused man. There is no such thing allowed as a 'private fund' within the workings of a institution of public character which has a license to collect donation.
Ah Pang thinks by partitioning fund like one would do to a hard disk, that private fund they can do
any God damn thing those few thinks fit!

Sorry lah moron Pang, CHC ain't GIC and they thought they can do so in a religious setting.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Re: Kong Hee is betting "ALL IN!" CHC now lay down the gauntlet to the Government. TO

It is apparent that these people are really confused and surprisingly, didn't really know the law well. The fact that CoC has to interfere is basically because CHC has applied Charity status and this allows them to avoid taxation. This will become public issue if they have abused the system.

Goh Meng Seng

Christoper Pang must be a very confused man. There is no such thing allowed as a 'private fund' within the workings of a institution of public character which has a license to collect donation.
Ah Pang thinks by partitioning fund like one would do to a hard disk, that private fund they can do
any God damn thing those few thinks fit!

Sorry lah moron Pang, CHC ain't GIC and they thought they can do so in a religious setting.

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is apparent that these people are really confused and surprisingly, didn't really know the law well. The fact that CoC has to interfere is basically because CHC has applied Charity status and this allows them to avoid taxation. This will become public issue if they have abused the system.

Goh Meng Seng

Wow, you so clever!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not only confused but a detached man. This is why criteria for "charity status" be changed. Like Gambling, these guys should be paying much higher taxes or all assets much be delared on an annual basis. Using god to ask ridiculous amount to contribute is just beyong dishonesty.

That private vehicle was targeting the really blurfucks to donate to her career. They knew that they cannot appeal to the wider congregation so they were picking on the duds amongst their membership.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would love to see this idiot sue the MCYS for defamation.

If PAP were to back off from this challenge, I think we really know what sort of govement we really have now.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

its just sad when the leader of a flock pulls the wool over their eyes.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

One wonders what is the reLigion of our CoC ..any Learned bro knows ?..:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Durai was not defiant he would still be helming NKF. Remember he chased out the DS from Health Ministry (one step way from PS) ignored the Ministry etc. and he got away. Only when tried to sue and openly challenge that he got screwed.

This letter from Pang would make it worse and I am delighted. Silly fellow. If the vehicle is a private matter, why the attempts to conceal the flow of thru donations to a sister church in KL.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

This joker is delusional n in denial, just like WP supporters

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hoot la!
Showdown!
33,000 zombies vs Ang Chia...Gurkhas standby too.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not only confused but a detached man. This is why criteria for "charity status" be changed. Like Gambling, these guys should be paying much higher taxes or all assets much be delared on an annual basis. Using god to ask ridiculous amount to contribute is just beyong dishonesty.

That private vehicle was targeting the really blurfucks to donate to her career. They knew that they cannot appeal to the wider congregation so they were picking on the duds amongst their membership.

So you see, sometimes ppl say good gov are very 'restrictive' with so many laws to protect this and that.

In the real world, blur fucks out number non blur fucks about 10 to 2. And with so many potentiol Con Hee rising, it became of no choice for gov to set such a authoratative tone on what is allowed and not allowed just to protect those blur fucks!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hoot la!
Showdown!
33,000 zombies vs Ang Chia...Gurkhas standby too.

No need. Just send a few lawyer letters to a few zombies and suddenly all the rest become un-zombified!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So you see, sometimes ppl say good gov are very 'restrictive' with so many laws to protect this and that.

In the real world, blur fucks out number non blur fucks about 10 to 2. And with so many potentiol Con Hee rising, it became of no choice for gov to set such a authoratative tone on what is allowed and not allowed just to protect those blur fucks!

Yes yes lock up Con Hee ISD no need waste time to charge.
Confiscate all monies and properties.
Ban CHC! Send all zombies to re-education camps.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal

City Harvest Church will still be the most powerful, richest, biggest and hippiest church in Singapore!

[video=youtube;E4_mwqgJUII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_mwqgJUII&feature=related[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No need. Just send a few lawyer letters to a few zombies and suddenly all the rest become un-zombified!

I doubt so easy....look at those Islamic fundamentalists suicide bombers....
MIWs stirred hornets nest....underestimated Con Hee.
Can't wait for next development.

T

TuaTeetu

Hindu Law Minister wants to persecute servants of God?

SEE LEOW LAH!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I doubt so easy....look at those Islamic fundamentalists suicide bombers....
MIWs stirred hornets nest....underestimated Con Hee.
Can't wait for next development.

No fear, as long as LKY can still instruct the use and application of his matchet even without needing to meet anyone of those CHC trouble makers at the cul-de-sac, no zombie dare do otherwise.

His matchet is a killer you know, that matchet can detain zombies without trial and Changi resort is HUGE! LOL

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you think:confused::confused::confused::confused:

a) Section B point 5: “donations and tithes to the Charity were transferred to a private fund known as the Multi-Purpose Account.” This is a fabrication. The MPA was purely a private fund and the donors knew they were contributing to the Crossover Project and to supporting Pastor Kong and Sun. In fact the MPA was set up by donors who specifically wanted to contribute to the Crossover Project as we the members of the Church support this as part of our missions work. Monies from CHC’s accounts were not transferred, as accused by CoC, to this MPA. It was a private fund. Definition of “private”: “Belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.” So, there was no need for the members outside this group to know about the MPA.

In Point 6 of the report, the CoC says it may take action against these individuals “in order to protect the charitable property of the Charity.” We the members of the Church have given voluntarily to the Church and the Crossover Project, monies have never been solicited from the public. We are a society and do not owe members of the public any account of our how our funds are used, yet we post our audited accounts online on our website for transparency and accountability.

Yours truly,

Christopher Pang

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is good.. We now have 33,000 potential Oppo voters for 2016.. Let the City Harvest Church members and the PAP fight among themselves.. We the 40% will just enjoy the show..