• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sharing your personal experience commuting/living in JB, Johore and MY at large

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [FR] My 2nd day staying in JB and working in Singapore...

For those staying at Nusa Idaman this is the time breakdown:

20 mins - NI to petrol kiosk before toll at second link (including daily petrol pump)
20 mins - cross both immigration and the link

ie total about 40 minutes to get into Singapore. Of course you can always drive faster and make the journey 30 mins :smile:

There are occasional hickup or freak jams... otherwise normal time to cross the 2 links (20 mins) at most extend by another 30 mins.

Good to see you guys "initiating" yourselves through the rites.

Any difference noted crossing the 2nd link during June/Nov/dec SG school holidays? ERP rates reduced during school holidays due to less congestion so I am not sure if this also is true for SG/JB crossings.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

for the past few days,

woke up at 6:45am, leave home at 7:10am ..

reach office at clementi at 8:00am via tuas 2nd link..

paying toll like never before, even more siong than going past erp :*:

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal

for the past few days,

woke up at 6:45am, leave home at 7:10am ..

reach office at clementi at 8:00am via tuas 2nd link..

paying toll like never before, even more siong than going past erp :*:

aiyo. must factor in when u move here mah. but when u makan, pay elec and water bills , buy groc. confirm got earn back :smile:

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's the latest timing you can leave your home to go work if you need to get to your office by 8.30 in Clementi via 1st link and 2nd link?
I'm leaning more to entering Sg via 1st link mainly because my kids are schooling in Woodlands (and the lower cost).
So far to and from 1st link the longest I've had to bear is around 1.5hrs clearing the causeway during weekends. Most times I'll clear it in under 1hr (not including the drive from coastal to NI that is).

For those staying at Nusa Idaman this is the time breakdown:

20 mins - NI to petrol kiosk before toll at second link (including daily petrol pump)
20 mins - cross both immigration and the link

ie total about 40 minutes to get into Singapore. Of course you can always drive faster and make the journey 30 mins :smile:

There are occasional hickup or freak jams... otherwise normal time to cross the 2 links (20 mins) at most extend by another 30 mins.

Good to see you guys "initiating" yourselves through the rites.

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's the latest timing you can leave your home to go work if you need to get to your office by 8.30 in Clementi via 1st link and 2nd link?
I'm leaning more to entering Sg via 1st link mainly because my kids are schooling in Woodlands (and the lower cost).
So far to and from 1st link the longest I've had to bear is around 1.5hrs clearing the causeway during weekends. Most times I'll clear it in under 1hr (not including the drive from coastal to NI that is).

is not wroth going via first link my neighbor had mentioned becuase you have to endure the slow traffic and have people scratch against your car..

peope cutting your queue... accidents happens, so my neighbour said, 2nd link is more worth it..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,
First link is not that bad.. make sure you get into the right route.. If you have to travel by 2nd link everyday, it is really too expensive to live in JB..
Rgds

is not wroth going via first link my neighbor had mentioned becuase you have to endure the slow traffic and have people scratch against your car..

peope cutting your queue... accidents happens, so my neighbour said, 2nd link is more worth it..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,
First link is not that bad.. make sure you get into the right route.. If you have to travel by 2nd link everyday, it is really too expensive to live in JB..
Rgds

yes first link was so bad .. the jam sometimes make me crazy haha..
go in front cannot, give up also cannot kind of feeling...

Crept

Alfrescian
Loyal

For first link, just observe the traffic flow, and after awhile you get the hang of it... monday is heavy traffic day so be prepared to go out slightly early. Other days are usually not that bad. School holidays be in in june or dec are smooth traffic thought...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess it depends on individual tolerance :smile:
I tried 1st link before... it was "possible" but i found the volume of traffic unpredictable. On some days i got to Bedok from Pelangi under an hour... on bad days it could be 1.5 to 2 hours. So it all depends on your destination. For bros who need to be nearer to Woodlands i guess it is ok since there is no reason to make a big detour via 2nd link. But if you live nearer to Nusajaya and your workplace is in Tuas, Jurong or Clementi - i dare say in the long term you will settle for 2nd link.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

For first link, just observe the traffic flow, and after awhile you get the hang of it... monday is heavy traffic day so be prepared to go out slightly early. Other days are usually not that bad. School holidays be in in june or dec are smooth traffic thought...

Ok.. make sense... seems like you have grasped the pattern of traffic... i vividly remember the curved road between JB custom and SG custom is like a formula one circuit for me as that is the stretch you jostle for position

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Started to let people share more about their general experiences, good or bad about commuting/living in JB or even other parts of Malaysia :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes first link was so bad .. the jam sometimes make me crazy haha..
go in front cannot, give up also cannot kind of feeling...

Bro, if you are travelling in and out daily, something has to give, you either get tired queuing at causeway or your wallet gets tired paying out at the second link.... both ways.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, if you are travelling in and out daily, something has to give, you either get tired queuing at causeway or your wallet gets tired paying out at the second link.... both ways.

It is S$264 per month, u get to escape the jam / people scratching your car / having to wake up early..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

i came singapore yesterday, went back via first link at around 9pm. traffic was very smooth.. no jam at all. .

went to edl.. tried for pasir gudang highway.. gosh.. found myself have to U-turn because the board said "AWAS".

then got myself back to JB and traveled via teruk danga again..

-.-''

how do i link from edl to costal highway? anyone can advise?