• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ballack slams England for 'parking three buses' in front of France goal

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ballack slams England for 'parking three buses' in front of France goal

The former Bayern Munich and Chelsea man was critical of the Three Lions' defensive display during their Euro 2012 opener, suggesting it's not the right way to play football

Jun 12, 2012 11:33:00 AM

By Matt Scrafton

186801hp2.jpg

Michael Ballack provided a damning verdict on England’s performance during their 1-1 draw with Euro 2012 Group D rivals France on Monday.

England mustered a resilient performance, containing their rivals and limiting them to just a handful of opportunities. Joleon Lescott headed the Three Lions into the lead, but his Manchester City team-mate Samir Nasri drew the French level with a well-placed shot past Joe Hart.

However, for large parts of the game Laurent Blanc’s side were camped in the England half but struggled to create any clear cut opportunities.

The 35-year-old Ballack was critical of the defensive manner in which Roy Hodgson set up his side, despite acknowledging that England achieved their goal of avoiding defeat in their Euro 2012 opener.

“I’m really disappointed with the game. England wanted the point and they got one, but is this the way to play football in the future? I’m not sure,” the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder said onESPN.

“If you’re parking three buses in front of the goal, that’s not football.

“They’re sitting back most of the time with 10 players, it’s difficult for every team to create chances ... I’m not impressed.”

England's second group game will be on Friday against Sweden, who lost 2-1 to co-hosts Ukraine on Monday.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

England played just like Chelsea, claims frustrated France defender Evra

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 05:31 GMT, 12 June 2012 | UPDATED: 07:31 GMT, 12 June 2012

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra believes England followed Chelsea's example in order to collect a Euro 2012 point against France on Monday night.

Les Bleus dominated possession, and made twice as many passes as their opponents in the Donbass Arena.

article-0-138F89FE000005DC-437_468x303.jpg

Level-pegging: Samir Nasri beats Manchester City team-mate Joe Hart

However, they were unable to find a second goal once Samir Nasri had levelled Joleon Lescott's point-blank header before half-time as England defended doggedly.

'We are frustrated because I think we played much better,' said Evra.
'At times it was like there were 15 bodies in front of us. It was really difficult to find space.'People laugh but they played the way that Chelsea played against Barcelona.'

Maybe the fans want England to play more football but if they win the tournament like that, they will be happy.'

article-0-138FAC45000005DC-433_468x345.jpg

Stifled: Patrice Evra (centre) was frustrated at England's playing style, while England were frequently puzzled by the decisions of Italian referee Nicola Rizzoli (below)

Nasri was crowned man-of-the-match by UEFA for an excellent overall display. The Manchester City midfielder was barracked by England's fans, presumably for the manner of his big-money move from Arsenal last summer.

It triggered a reaction from Nasri after his goal, where he put a finger to his lips in a silencing gesture, although manager Laurent Blanc was unaware of why.
'That's between him and his detractors,' said the France coach.

'That is something personal.
'There are individual and personal reactions. These are things we don't always expect.'I think Samir was happy to score a goal and play a good game. You'd have to ask him who he was directing that (gesture) to.'

article-0-138FCC16000005DC-984_468x446.jpg

Les Blues: Philippe Mexes (left) and Marvin Martin of France

Meanwhile, Nasri revealed he deceived City team-mate Joe Hart in order to score his goal. 'When Franck Ribery gave me the ball, the England defence was really low (sitting back),' said Nasri. 'I decided to take a shot but Joe Hart knows me from Manchester City and knows that in that situation, I normally open my foot.'This time I closed it a little bit so I am happy with how it worked out.' Although Nasri was disappointed France only collected a point, he accepts it is already a vast improvement on the debacle that unfolded in South Africa two years ago.

Laurent Blanc's men have taken their unbeaten run to 22 games and are in good heart ahead of a meeting with co-hosts Ukraine in Donetsk on Friday.
'We are making a lot of progress,' he said.'We have come from nothing in 2010, when we made a lot of mistakes.'Today we are more mature. We can do something with this group.'Nasri played down the massive ice-pack he had strapped to his knee, insisting it was 'nothing serious'.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gong jiao wei. I saw nothing of the sort. When they had the ball, they bombed forward. When France had the ball, they defended. And rightly so. :rolleyes: