• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like CIMB. Spore br pay good daily saving interest. Whats more u can do internet trsf fm S$ to M$. Ex rate wise quite good.

The CIMB Starsaver savings account is gd. 0.8% interest. DBS's multiplier program is even better, but only max $50,000 allowed, while CIMB Starsaver doesnt have this cap.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RHB Bank Berhad:

Effective Rate: 3.85% (8 months) & 4% p.a. (15 months)
Minimum: RM10,000
Maximum: No maximum deposit
Tenure: 8 months/15 months
Offer period: 21 May 2019 to 31 July 2019

Does tat mean RHB paying 4% for 15mths? Most banks paying only 3.1% p.a. Can anyone enlighten me?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
RHB Bank Berhad:

Effective Rate: 3.85% (8 months) & 4% p.a. (15 months)
Minimum: RM10,000
Maximum: No maximum deposit
Tenure: 8 months/15 months
Offer period: 21 May 2019 to 31 July 2019

Does tat mean RHB paying 4% for 15mths? Most banks paying only 3.1% p.a. Can anyone enlighten me?

I think should be a promo with CASA bundling.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
They actually pay 4% for 15mths FD deposits. But must open a saving acct and dep 10k or 20k in saving for a start. Anyway promo ended leow. Now most banks paying 3.8% rate for FD of 1 year.
CIMB has a similar scheme, i.e. tie up [email protected]% (albeit for a shorter tenure) with savings acct. You may have to work out the overall interest rate taking the lower savings acct rate into considerations.
https://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/pers...rcent-pa-fd-or-fria-i-bundle-with-casa-i.html

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIMB has a similar scheme, i.e. tie up [email protected]% (albeit for a shorter tenure) with savings acct. You may have to work out the overall interest rate taking the lower savings acct rate into considerations.
https://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/pers...rcent-pa-fd-or-fria-i-bundle-with-casa-i.html

CIMB is not attractive as you will need to earmark CASA so the rate goes down to about 4%. Try Affin bank which offers 4.23% for 15 months. Or Bank Rakyat which offers 4.25% for 60 months but is not protected by PIDM.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CIMB is not attractive as you will need to earmark CASA so the rate goes down to about 4%. Try Affin bank which offers 4.23% for 15 months. Or Bank Rakyat which offers 4.25% for 60 months but is not protected by PIDM.

Small amt can take the risks. If big amt better be safe and deposit with big banks as well as protected by PIDM, imo.