• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Good cars and car dealers

What is the requirement owning a Malaysia registered car?

Where can I find cheap and reliable second-hand car which can brings me from JB to Thailand possibly? Is there any chance I could get a good proton @ 8000RM for this venture from JB to Penang and vice versa?

No requirement other than must have valid license (from SG) and bring it to JBJ for inspection(your 2nd hand car dealer will do that)
Remember to ask for OTR price which is the final actual price with insurance, etc all in. (On the road)

Yes and Yes. Look for carwins. Not the cheapest but really reliable cars.
http://www.carlist.my/ is a good place to start.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if I could rent a car in Nusajaya? Perhaps come by bus to through Jurong East, then rent a car for the day?

Or if not anywhere good and cheap in JB City will be good too.

Thanks

Can try this:
http://www.easyterra.com/malaysia/car-rental-johor-bahru.html

Some contacts:

Pernas Sime Darby Rent-A-Car Sdn Bhd
Podium 1C, Menara Ansar, 65, Jalan Trus, Johor Bahru, 80000 07-2237520

Orix Car Rentals Sdn. Bhd.www.orixcarrentals.com.my/
G1 Jalan Gereja
Johor Bahru
07-2241215

Car Rental Sdn. Bhd
35, Jalan Rosmerah 4/12, Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru, 81100 07-3550781

This is for the airport(Senai):
http://www.europcar.com.my/

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I've seen those, not really helpful as the lists are kind of out-dated and shops are mostly located in KL/northern states. Hoping for "real life" recommendation here. Tks anyway. :smile:

How about this one then? :smile:
Asked around for you, a bro used them before.

Call: Hawk Tyre Service Sdn Bhd
L 1-1 Southern City Hypermarket
Jalan Suria 19, 81100 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia, 607-333-8166

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tks Wuqi. Hawk Tyre is quite a big chain of tyre/battery/car servicing workshops in Jb.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Tks Wuqi. Hawk Tyre is quite a big chain of tyre/battery/car servicing workshops in Jb.

Yes they are, seems they supply quite a lot and have many many shops. My friends like them.
Are they ok for you, I will keep asking if not.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes they are, seems they supply quite a lot and have many many shops. My friends like them.
Are they ok for you, I will keep asking if not.

Its ok, been asking around checking prices but it seems that for imported tyres especially for sizes 17" and above, prices are lower in Sg. But generally prices of tyres have gone up especially so for brands like Michelin and Bridgestone.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

Looks like the hike is real .........

Sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz liao !!!!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guys

So if i am taking EDL to Tebrau Jusco , I need to exit from pandan right ?

thanks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guys

So if i am taking EDL to Tebrau Jusco , I need to exit from pandan right ?

thanks

Yes, u should reach Pandan in 10 mins from causeway. Pandan could be a bit jammed though, as its a bottleneck depending on when u travel.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, u should reach Pandan in 10 mins from causeway. Pandan could be a bit jammed though, as its a bottleneck depending on when u travel.

thansk for e reply! must try to use edl to go diff places before they start to collect tolls , hehe
After tebrau , Next i wan to go setia and permas jaya .....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once u r on the edl, if u don't take any exit at all, it will join u to the north south highway. U wont miss BDO, and ST as the signage are prominent. Good luck :smile:

thansk for e reply! must try to use edl to go diff places before they start to collect tolls , hehe
After tebrau , Next i wan to go setia and permas jaya .....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now with LTY comment and clue. I sure the Malaysia will only collect toll Singapore car only as Singapore collect Malaysia car only for enter Singapore.
Malaysia is likely to collect RM20~RM30/Singapore car/entry.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Morning Guys

Another qn , if i am coming back from Taman Daya and taking pandan EDL back , any exit to pump petrol first before heading back to checkpt ?
Or its better i pump at Daya first ....

Thanks

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now with LTY comment and clue. I sure the Malaysia will only collect toll Singapore car only as Singapore collect Malaysia car only for enter Singapore.
Malaysia is likely to collect RM20~RM30/Singapore car/entry.

i still dun think malaysia will charge us so high , if not JB city will be ghost town soon!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think u can only exit at the interchange to permas jaya. No more interchange after that.

There is a shell going towards permas jaya, on your left, next to the bamboo restaurant, if u r familiar?

But just pump at taman daya ... Should have lesser car there, and u can have a smooth journey all the way to ciq.

Morning Guys

Another qn , if i am coming back from Taman Daya and taking pandan EDL back , any exit to pump petrol first before heading back to checkpt ?
Or its better i pump at Daya first ....

Thanks

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to go to Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) expressway after exiting CIQ ? Where should i exit if i want to go Tebrau City AEON or Tesco ?