• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's famous "Artivist" - aka Sticker Lady - finally kenna arrested

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'My grandfather road' vandal arrested

20120604.213919_jun0412_vandal.jpg

The stencils of "My Grandfather Road" as well as stickers with various captions that were seized for investigation.

AsiaOne
Monday, Jun 04, 2012

Police have arrested a 25-year-old woman who is believed to have vandalised several roads in Singapore.

Between May 17 to 21 this year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) saw that the words "MY GRANDFATHER ROAD" were painted along Robinson Road and Maxwell Road and reported the matter to the Police.

It also reported that circular stickers printed with captions were pasted on a pavement around Lau Pa Sat and on a road traffic sign along Robinson Road.

The female suspect was arrested at her residence in the eastern part of Singapore on June 3. The officers also found several paint-stained stencils and several pieces of stickers printed with captions. These items were seized for investigation.

Investigation is ongoing. The police are also working with LTA on earlier reports of round stickers found affixed on other pedestrian crossings at various places.

The case is classified as Vandalism under Section 3 of the Vandalism Act, Chapter 341. A person who is convicted for the offence shall be punished with a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding to 3 years and shall be liable to caning subjected to the Criminal Procedure Code 2010.

The police warned that it takes a serious view of such irresponsible actions and offenders will be dealt with severely.

Netizens have reacted to the arrest by calling for the release of the woman, whom they have dubbed 'sticker lady.'

The petition, started by Facebook user Stephenie Choy, is collecting 20,000 signatures to ask the Government to ease their restrictions on public 'art' and reduce the arrested woman's charge from Vandalism to Miscellaneous Offences.

"If you agree that the arrest of this particular artist is unwarranted and that there should be less restriction in public art, please join this event, and leave your name on the wall," the aspiring future arts educator wrote.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL]

[email protected]

pic1.jpg

Between May 17 to 21 this year, the words "MY GRANDFATHER ROAD" have been spotted painted along Robinson Road and Maxwell Road.

pic2.jpg

Police have arrested a 25-year-old woman who is believed to have vandalised the roads.

pic3.jpg

The female suspect was arrested at her residence in the eastern part of Singapore on June 3.

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic9.jpg

The stencils seized.

pic10.jpg

It also reported that circular stickers printed with captions were pasted on a pavement around Lau Pa Sat and on a road traffic sign along Robinson Road.

pic11.jpg

The stickers bore captions such as "Anyhow press police catch" and "Press until shiok".

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pic13.jpg

Petitions have sprung up calling for the release of the 'artist' and for there to be less restriction in public art.

pic14.jpg

Stephenie Choy has started a Facebook event as a way of petitioning.

pic15.jpg

Netizens have created "Free sticker lady" stickers.

pic16.jpg

Some of her work.

pic17.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
much as me appreciates her creativity and sense of humor, vandalism shall not be condoned :o:o:o

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone remembered there was another one back then with the famous line "Learned Is Rich?"......written everywhere

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
'My grandfather road' vandal arrested

Shouldn't it be "My Grandfather's Road"?

Again ?another harsh punishment for a prank that did not harm anyone. Chill out, relax man Sg! Just a couple of hours of civil work should suffice. What's all this fine, imprisonment, rotan for stuff kids do at school?

Cheers!