• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ronaldinho quits Flamengo

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ronaldinho quits Flamengo

The Brazilian playmaker, who had complained over unpaid wages, is no longer tied to the Rubro-Negro after being granted an injunction but the club will appeal against the decision

May 31, 2012 7:33:00 PM

By Luis Mira

188884hp2.jpg

Former Barcelona star Ronaldinho has been given permission to unilaterally rescind his contract with Flamengo because of a dispute over unpaid wages.

The Brazil international has long been involved in a tug-of-war with Flamengo, with reports suggesting that the 32-year-old has become disillusioned with life at the club after being insulted by Rubro-Negro fans during a match against Internacional.

Earlier on Thursday, Flamengo had quashed rumours suggesting that Ronaldinho had been released, but the former Barcelona ace decided to take legal action against the club.

Ronaldinho claims he is owed over €16 million in salaries, bonuses and image rights, and the Labour Court in Rio de Janeiro has ruled in favour of the player.

The Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) is expected to acknowledge the court's decision before the end of the day, which will turn Ronaldinho into a free agent.

Flamengo vice-president Rafael de Piro confirmed that the club has been notified of the ruling and insisted that it will appeal against the decision.

Ronaldinho signed for Flamengo in 2011 in a deal worth €3m after spending three years at AC Milan.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, my money is on Israel. Will I be bankrupt tonight? :biggrin:

169075_thumb.jpg

Low : You retarded gay dog. You should be betting on real competitions and not friendlies where i often experiment with my squad and field my reserves. Serves you right for ignoring my line up before my games. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guangzhou Fuli deny existence of €20m Ronaldinho contract

The Chinese club slammed a Brazilian newspaper, which quoted coach Sergio Farias claiming interest in the former Ballon d'Or winner, stating there was never any interview

Jun 5, 2012 4:29:00 AM

By Ben Somerford

190171hp2.jpg

Chinese club Guangzhou Fuli have rubbished a report claiming they were in the hunt for former Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldinho, who has since signed with Atletico Mineiro.

The 32-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder, who parted ways with Flamengo last Friday, had been linked with Guangzhou Fuli after their coach Sergio Farias reportedly told Futebol Interior they were interested in his services.

However, the ambitious Guangdong-based club, who currently sit second in the Chinese Super League, denied the link and said there was never any interview between Farias and Futebol Interior.

The Brazilian newspaper had reported the Chinese club would offer the former Barcelona man a contract worth approximately €20 million which Fuli team manager Zhang Bin said was "impossible".

"We have no plan about inviting Ronaldinho, there is no contract. Brazilian media said Fuli would use €20m to invite him, it is impossible," Zhang told Football.

He continued: "Farias said he never had an interview with Brazilian media. And he didn't know where it came from.

"The club needs some younger foreign players to join with us, 25-26-years-old is better. And we couldn't spend €20m for one single player. It is not our style."