• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rotary Club gets involved in politics

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Dr. Tan Cheng Bock's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock/posts/315584115182797

A Questionable Donation by Rotary Club

Giving money for a good cause is welcomed but giving money to a politician for a good cause during a political election campaign is venturing into the political arena. By doing this has the Rotary Club taken a new direction? .Is the club taking a position in politics? Is it within the ambit of its constitution? I have always been a supporter of the Rotary Club but I was disappointed by this action.
I
t was reported in the ST Thursday 24th may 2012, and I quote ST.... “The Rotary Club is pledging a $100,000 gift to PAP candidate Desmond Choo’s initiative to retrofit ageing toilets in Hougang.”... “The club decided to make this donation after watching a video produced by a group named “The People for Desmond Choo” (unquote).

The cause is noble, helping aged people to sit rather than squat, a real problem when you are old. I applaud the Rotarians for that.

However the reason and timing for the donation is misplaced.

Is the Rotary Club giving to an individual PAP Desmond as reported in ST. or to the old residents of Hougang?

Now that PAP Desmond lost to WP Png in the election, what is the Rotary Club’s stand?
Is Rotary going to withhold the donation now that the official Member of Parliament Png Eng Huat is in charge of Hougang and he is from the opposition. I hope not.

Rotary Club should continue the good charitable works as they did in the past.