• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Flips Flops Like Flipping Prata!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gambler2
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message

user-offline.png
<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Feb 2012 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>941 </DD></DL>
From a BE page:

Teo Chee Hean has accused the Workers Party of engaging in flip flop over the issue of ministerial pay. Let's see how the PAP and PM Lee have flip flopped and avoided tough questions in the past:

1. On Mas Selamat's escape: "What to do? It's happened." (Lee Hsien Loong)

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080309-53470.html

2. On food poisoning at the YOG: "In a massive operation like this, from time to time, problems will arise." (Vivian Balakrishnan)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1075888/1/.html

3. On the great Orchard Road flood

"But I don't think it's possible in Singapore to expect the place to be completely free of floods." (Lee Hsien Loong)

"Some things are beyond (that); it's an act of God..." (LKY)

4. On high ministerial salary

"I say you have no sense of proportion; you don't know what life is about." (LKY)

5. On the Geylang Serai mass food poisoning which affected 154 people and led to 1 death:

"The number of food poisoning cases in Singapore is very low..." - - Andrew Tan, CEO, NEA.

6. On the stagnating service standards of Singapore in international ranking:

"Improving service standards is like running a marathon, where Singapore sometimes heads the main pack of runners and sometimes lags behind the lead runners."
- Lim Swee Say. What happened to claiming to be world class?

7. On the YOG budget:

"We got the initial estimates of the money to be spent on the YOG wrong."
- Vivian Balakrishnan, and this only came after repeated dodging using the excuse that YOG was good for the Singapore brand.

8. On GIC's $50b loss:

"Temasek and GIC are long-term investors, and should be evaluated as such."
Former Minister of State for Finance, Lim Hwee Hwa.

Long term investors? Even as we speak, Temasek has offloaded its shares in some Chinese banks; the same shares that were bought less than 8 months ago.

9. On overcrowding in trains:

"At 1,600 passengers per train, the MRT passenger density will translate to about 4.9 passengers per square metre, which is significantly lower than the actual loading density of 7.0 passengers per square metre experienced on the Tokyo metro." (LTA)

10. On the frequent breakdowns:

"I dare say train breakdowns are unavoidable." Lui Tuck Yew

11. On its laissez-faire approach to pay TV market that saw World Cup fans paying $90 for subscription to watch the event:

"Competition (between Singtel and Starhub) has helped widen the choice for viewers..."
Ling Pek Ling, MDA Media Policy Director, ignoring the fact that this "competition" has led to a bidding war under a duopoly.

12. On the $1.1b grant to SMRT and SBS despite the fact that they are privatized listed entities:

"So none of the $1.1 billion will go towards profits of the public transport operators. It will be ring-fenced, their accounts will be scrutinised." Tharman Shanmugaratnam, without giving substantive explanations on how to ring fence and scrutinize. And by the way, is it a nationalized or a privatized model??

from a certain john Rawls in theonline citizen facebook post​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 08:14 PM #11
kamomo

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Nov 2007 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>71 </DD></DL>

Frankly, I think PAP's personal attack has gotten from bad to worse. Surely any party would just send the best candidate at that point in time? Surely no party will ask one of the existing MPs to resign to contest Hougang? And seriously, is Desmond Choo the BEST CANDIDATE in the entire PAP? Did you realise anyone that WP send in, PAP will say oh he is not the best candidate since he is not MP or NCMP? So? What is Teo Chee Hean trying to say? Desmond Choo also is not the best in PAP what! Did PAP ask an existing MP to resign and contest in Hougang? What is this Teo Chee Hean joker trying to say huh? What a joke. Please focus on real issues. And not about whether Png Eng Huat is the best in WP or Desmond Choo is the bestest in PAP. Siao.​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kamomo

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Nov 2007 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>71 </DD></DL>

I'm trying to say the allegation that says Png Eng Huat is not the best is ridiculous. Every party just allocate their resources accordingly. Some more suitable for NCMP, others more suitable for ground work etc, and resources change all the time. Is Teo Chee Hean saying that Demond Choo is the BEST in PAP? If Desmond Choo is the best, why is he not PM? Better than our PM and himself? Why PAP never send the best to Hougang?? Come on. Such meaningless attack gets me worried. I wonder if these million dollar PAP Ministers got BRAIN or not? If no brain, jialat liao.

Frankly, if I were Png Eng Huat I wont even bother to respond to such retarded questions. Just ask Teo Chee Hean back, is Desmond Choo the best in PAP? Then how come lose to Yaw Chin Leong? And if Desmond Choo best in PAP, next time become PM issit?

Shoot their own feet.​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
supermonkey

user-offline.png
<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Feb 2012 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>227 </DD></DL>

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Space5hip
viewpost-right.png

These are more serious. Very serious.

How about they MIW flip floping about reducing FTs coming in? BEfore election said sorry and said will reduce FTs.. now opening the floodgate again.. hmm...​

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
latestleekuanyewi.jpg

If I kena sent to HG, I will surely become canon fodder! Huat ah...err I mean Heng ah!

I am the BEST candidate! No ONE bestest than ME! This includes Teo Chee Hean and my second BEST son, Lee Sian Loong.

But I withdraw my candidacy bcos sure lose one to the NOT the best candidate from the WP. Actually I am chicken LKY, the best COWARD!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
latestleekuanyewi.jpg

If I kena sent to HG, I will surely become canon fodder! Huat ah...err I mean Heng ah!

I have been thinking who's best to send to fiery Hougang. Maybe next time I will nominate my best general Teo Chee Hean to stand in Hougang. Or should it be my worst general Lee Sian Loong?

Heng ah... not my lousy son LSL, I will send in that bestest general Teo Chee... Bye!

Last edited: