• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF sets a record for injuries and death

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
scouts are like cowboys... they had to speed most of the time... like the chinese 八百里加急

I never had any idea how scouts worked. To me, scouts are always on motorbike. It was only when I was at Wallaby that our own scout team captured the enemy scouts. We were a reservist bridgade and the enemy was a active NS unit of young boys. The boys were glad to be captured. Their backpack was easily over 25kg and they had trekked their way from their CP to ours :eek:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
576868_397928823563134_158552314167454_1164385_1749706313_n.jpg

*JUST IN* Singapore Armed Forces suspending all field training till 15 May after national serviceman, 3SG Tan Mou Sheng, died in a vehicle accident today.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never had any idea how scouts worked. To me, scouts are always on motorbike. It was only when I was at Wallaby that our own scout team captured the enemy scouts. We were a reservist bridgade and the enemy was a active NS unit of young boys. The boys were glad to be captured. Their backpack was easily over 25kg and they had trekked their way from their CP to ours :eek:

infantry/guardman scouts different from armour lah. armour scout also not only scrambler but mostly on IFV. scout training very tough compare to us trooper kia but once pass out, they have much easier life than us troopers. They and the mortar platoon will always allocate to be combat team enemy aka Opfors. they provide matchbox while mortar become enemy straight legs.

brigade have a delicated scout company, the BRC. but people from BRC normally not armour mono-intake but privates from BMTC. when i attach tekong, many of the recruits posted to 8SAB BRC, so i saw them again after my attachment at tekong ended.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scouts like to complain a lot. I know one reservist scout CO (CPT) who complained how he lost all his scouts units because the air force officer did not give him helicopters.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another son died...sad.

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) has suspended all field training from Friday till 15 May, following the death of a full-time national serviceman who was involved in an accident.

3rd Sergeant (3SG) Tan Mou Sheng was travelling in a scout jeep as part of an exercise at Marsiling training area at 6.50am on Friday when the driver lost control of the vehicle and the jeep overturned.

The 20-year-old instructor was found pinned under the vehicle.

The driver, 3SG Tan Cavin, and the front seat passenger, 3SG Hong Dickson, were wearing their seat belts and remained within the vehicle at the time of the incident. The left rear passenger, 3SG Ow Yong Wei Long, was found away from the vehicle unharmed.

Despite the best efforts by the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital surgical team, 3SG Tan Mou Sheng succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at 1.56pm.

Following the incident, the Army has declared a safety time-out from Friday till 15. During this period, all Army field training will be suspended.

The objective of the safety time-out is to remind commanders, trainers and instructors on the safety system to ensure safety measures are in place and reiterate to commanders and servicemen that safety is also an individual responsibility.

The commanders overseeing the exercise have been suspended.

The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late 3SG Tan Mou Sheng.

MINDEF and the SAF are assisting the family in their time of grief and are investigating the incident. The Police is also conducting a separate investigation.

3SG Brandon Tan, a fellow instructor, said: "3SG Tan Mou Sheng was a fighter and an outgoing person. He was a resolute person and a good friend. We will miss him."

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Another son died...sad.

i feel very sad every time our nsf dies in the course of his duties or training.....sad. rip.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh... i miss the kopiuncle post.

another young life expired for the nation. sigh.... rest in peace..

SAF suspend field excerise till 15 may 2012. typical close the barn door after the horses had bolted mentality.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just imagine how dangerous it is travelling at 40kph+ on jeep and motorbikes in outfield terrain and these young men just barely got their SAF driving license.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF Training Accident Today -- Another NSF died protecting FTs

RIP 3SG Tan :(

Soldier in jeep accident dies from injuries

AsiaOne
Friday, May 11, 2012

The full-time National Serviceman (NSF) who was involved in a jeep accident early Friday morning has passed away this afternoon.

3rd Sergeant (3SG) Tan Mou Sheng had succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at 1.56pm at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH), according to a MINDEF statement.

3SG Tan, 20, was in a scout jeep with a few other servicemen when the driver of the jeep lost control of the vehicle at the Marsiling training area, according to MINDEF.

Tan was found pinned under the vehicle. He had lost consciousness and was in critical condition when he was sent to KTPH.

Another NSF, 3SG Hong Dickson, 20, had a laceration to his right leg and was discharged after receiving outpatient treatment at KTPH. The driver and another passenger did not sustain any injuries.

Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the SAF are assisting the family in their time of grief and are conducting an investigation.

3SG Brandon Tan, a fellow instructor, said, "3SG Tan Mou Sheng was a fighter and an outgoing person. He was a resolute person and a good friend. We will miss him."

The Police is also conducting a separate investigation. The commanders overseeing the exercise have been suspended.

The Army has suspended all field training as part of a safety time-out from today till May 15 as a reminder of the current safety measures.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL]

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SAF Training Accident Today -- Another NSF died protecting FTs

Actually all these non-critical roles we should just staff them with foreign talent.
Look at those videos of the Americans sent to Iraq.. they all looked like high school drop-outs and "m&d-blood". Not many pure whites.
It is common sense to send FTs to die at the front line in a combat situation. PAP should learn.

Z

Zombie

I think there are 4 3rd Sgt in one single jeep traveling early in the morning...
then they must be trainers preparing the field for the training exercise..
or maybe they went out to buy kopi :o

are they supposed to drive on their own?

Last edited by a moderator:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SAF got jeep meh? i tot phrase out donkey years ago.