• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Understanding why Singaporeans accept importing cheap foreign workers policy...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Their is so much argument about why Singapore should change the policy and restrict influx of cheap foreign workers.

Businesses hire cheap foreign workers to do work that few Singaporeans would do for that wage. It allows businesses to maximize profits, managers to sleep easier and have a better life.

Why is it so difficult to understand that many many Singaporeans have already accepted that as a way of life and the way to go forward?

If you cannot understand then you probably aren't one of those who hires a foreign domestic maid to wash your toilets, cook your meals, wash your clothes, iron your clothes, fold your clothes, mop the floors, send the kids to school, pick them up from the school bus, wash the car every morning, bathe the dog, feed the dog, walk the dog etc etc etc. All for a cheap cheap price of.....?

Same thing lah.

If Singaporeans really believe so much in what they complain then they will all refuse to hire cheap domestic foreign maids to do their dirty work for them.

Hire Singaporeans for that lah!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If Singaporeans really believe so much in what they complain then they will all refuse to hire cheap domestic foreign maids to do their dirty work for them.

A few days ago, there was a thread where everyone was asking for minimum wages to be implemented in Singapore. I asked whether this should apply to maids as well. As you can guess, the answer was an emphatic NO!

They want to be paid top dollar but they certainly aren't willing to extend the same high wages philosophy to those they hire.

These sinkies are a bunch of f**$$#@ hypocrites. :rolleyes:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If ever there was a clear indicator of whether things have changed in Singapore just look at the foreign domestic maids number. As long as that continues to increase, the more of the same Singapore we know will proliferate.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few days ago, there was a thread where everyone was asking for minimum wages to be implemented in Singapore. I asked whether this should apply to maids as well. As you can guess, the answer was an emphatic NO!

They want to be paid top dollar but they certainly aren't willing to extend the same high wages philosophy to those they hire.

Sinkies and their incoherent demands. Why are Singaporeans so dumb? :confused:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cows have came home long ago, you guys are still discussing about this wrong category of foreigners locals are TOO LAN with.

Quote from TS, "Their is so much argument about why Singapore should change the policy and restrict influx of cheap foreign workers."

Where you heard this arguement from?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No! The minimum wage for them should be determined by their respective countries manpower legislative.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Everytime someone argues that we should stop the influx of cheap foreign workers to Singapore, the reply should be yes we will start with cutting down on domestic maids.

Singaporeans can always hire local Singaporeans to help with domestic work.

More expensive? Same argument from the private sector businesses.

The lack of such replies tells me something. That almost everyone in Singapore is reliant on a maid to survive. How often have you heard the phrase, "cannot survive without maid"?

A country full of people who cannot survive without a maid.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cows have came home long ago, you guys are still discussing about this wrong category of foreigners locals are TOO LAN with.

Quote from TS, "Their is so much argument about why Singapore should change the policy and restrict influx of cheap foreign workers."

Where you heard this arguement from?

Go to any forum and you will see a lot of complains about "low class FTs"

On the other end of the scale, the lower wage locals complain about FTs stealing their jobs and depressing wages. All these is a matter of perspective. U complain about those that directly affects U

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to any forum and you will see a lot of complains about "low class FTs"

On the other end of the scale, the lower wage locals complain about FTs stealing their jobs and depressing wages. All these is a matter of perspective. U complain about those that directly affects U

I don't really visit other forums other than here n sister forum. My perception of cheap foreign workers in TS post is towards Domestic workers n Bangladesh workers. The FTs wages are not really low by the way.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Furthermore, their cost base is in their home country.

I don't really visit other forums other than here n sister forum. My perception of cheap foreign workers in TS post is towards Domestic workers n Bangladesh workers. The FTs wages are not really low by the way.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The lack of such replies tells me something. That almost everyone in Singapore is reliant on a maid to survive. How often have you heard the phrase, "cannot survive without maid"?

A country full of people who cannot survive without a maid.

The gov't of Spore will not allowed me to hire a maid. :(

Even if I was allowed to hire a maid I'm unwilling to pay the PAP taxes for the privilege:wink:

Z

Zombie

our healthcare is costly, how about bringing in cheaper doctors from abroad?
someone may say there will be a drop in standard of service
I will ask him what about the FT bus drivers? isn't there a drop in standard of service?

our tranport cost is too high, how about bringing in oversea transport operators who are willing to lower the fares?
someone may say there will be an increase in congestion
I will ask him what about the human congestions we have everywhere?

there is no ending..

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
our healthcare is costly, how about bringing in cheaper doctors from abroad?
someone may say there will be a drop in standard of service
I will ask him what about the FT bus drivers? isn't there a drop in standard of service?

our tranport cost is too high, how about bringing in oversea transport operators who are willing to lower the fares?
someone may say there will be an increase in congestion
I will ask him what about the human congestions we have everywhere?

there is no ending..

Foreign doctors? Oh Singapore has already been doing that. I used to work with many of these foreign doctors. They are paid less than half of what a local doctor will cost.

In fact the situation got more serious such that SMC had to issue guidelines saying that no hospital department should have >50% of their doctors as foreigners.

As I had predicted this thread is pretty quiet because many Singaporeans have maids and will refuse to clean their own toilets.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreign doctors? Oh Singapore has already been doing that. I used to work with many of these foreign doctors. They are paid less than half of what a local doctor will cost.

In fact the situation got more serious such that SMC had to issue guidelines saying that no hospital department should have >50% of their doctors as foreigners.

As I had predicted this thread is pretty quiet because many Singaporeans have maids and will refuse to clean their own toilets.

Your looking for fireworks in this thread with this flawed argument? I give you one.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER PHUA CHEE BYE:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Z

Zombie

i actually know about foreign doctors in hospitals, maybe you did not get the gist of the message, i intended to suggest flooding the local market with more foreign doctors to further lower the cost of healthcare which is still high... maybe I did not make it clear.. :o

most people do not want to see more foreign workers coming in, just like SMC does not want to see too many doctors as foreigners...if we measure all things by cost advantage, there should not be a quota guide.. that is my point..

the abuse of such quota system is another problem.. more seriously in SMEs

anyway, I do agree with you that sinkies got double standard with regards to maids......... but many people do not have a choice because of work pressure here... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
anyway, I do agree with you that sinkies got double standard with regards to maids......... but many people do not have a choice because of work pressure here... :biggrin:

Yeah lor! NO CHOICE. Without maid many will die.

If I were PAP candidate I would tell the people.....WP say dowan to allow cheap foreign workers into Singapore. Want to institute minimum wage. Maybe $8/hr?

If WP become gahment, it means harder for you to have maid at home you know?

Maid work 24 hours, $8/hr = $192/day = $5760 a month! How many of us can afford? Even if pay half of that also cannot afford!

And you know these days life already so tough, NO MAID HOW TO SURVIVE?????

Be careful hor? Don't prey prey okey? Scali no more maid then you die! :eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nayr69sg said:
Maid work 24 hours, $8/hr = $192/day = $5760 a month! How many of us can afford? Even if pay half of that also cannot afford!

That's what you think. 80% of the time when you are not around they go to sleep or talk to the neighbours. Yes maids are an essential part of the intelligence network covering the whole neighbourhood.

What I feel there should be difference in minimum salaries covering different categories of work - full time, part time etc

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That's what you think. 80% of the time when you are not around they go to sleep or talk to the neighbours. Yes maids are an essential part of the intelligence network covering the whole neighbourhood.

What I feel there should be should difference minimum salaries covering different categories of work, full time, part time etc

So in your opinion maids are essential to Singapore? Without maids Singapore will not survive?