• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why is my topic on "Testing food with a Geiger counter overview" move to video folder

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a topic that i wish to discuss regarding radiation in food and i posted it with a video to express it better than words.

That is a video for discussion and not something for entertainment.

Could you pls move it back here.

Please have a differentiation on videos which is for viewing pleasure or something to generate discussion.

Thank you.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: why is my topic on "Testing food with a Geiger counter overview" move to video fo

Please have a differentiation on videos which is for viewing pleasure or something to generate discussion.

Thank you.

If a video is part of discussion, I'll leave it in the coffee shop section. However, in this case, all you said was "I'm still boycotting Japanese Food". It was a statement and nothing more.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: why is my topic on "Testing food with a Geiger counter overview" move to video fo

If a video is part of discussion, I'll leave it in the coffee shop section. However, in this case, all you said was "I'm still boycotting Japanese Food". It was a statement and nothing more.

You mean i have to change the statement to or add a new one as "let's discuss about radiation in food".

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the trouble with moving posts to this folder and that folder

most pple will only come to the main courtyard cafe section
becvos it is the most traffic/most updated

when u move a interesting video or topic to its 'correct' folder
many who have the habit of onbly browsing the main cafe will miss the post

I think it is far better to have only ONE discussion page than to spread out into catergories

have you seem the roumour mills forum
http://rumormillnews.com/
all sorts of subjects and only one page
but 10 million views per months
and no one is complaining
the reason is that it is easier to browse

just becos u organise into folder doesnt mean is is better or better organise
when a unpopular subject is being ignored,it will just drop drop and disapera, so there is no problem

can you find a coffee shop in the real world where u have to sit in this corner if you want to talk politics and sit in another coner if u want to talk sex
and another coner if u want to talk jesus christ?

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You mean i have to change the statement to or add a new one as "let's discuss about radiation in food".

What Leongsam meant was, besides your video, you might want to include some comments on the issue. For example, if I put up that video, I will include my comment to be like this.

"We have seen more and more people contacting cancer. The age of these people are getting younger and younger. It used to be thought that only the elderly or aged will have this dreaded disease but it seem that more and more young people in their 30s and early 40s are suffering from cancer. Does this have to do with the food that we eat? Now with the radiation scare in Japan, how safe do you think our food are?"

This will open your video up for further discussion. Hope you understand where I am coming from. Thanks :smile:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

What Leongsam meant was, besides your video, you might want to include some comments on the issue. For example, if I put up that video, I will include my comment to be like this.

"We have seen more and more people contacting cancer. The age of these people are getting younger and younger. It used to be thought that only the elderly or aged will have this dreaded disease but it seem that more and more young people in their 30s and early 40s are suffering from cancer. Does this have to do with the food that we eat? Now with the radiation scare in Japan, how safe do you think our food are?"

This will open your video up for further discussion. Hope you understand where I am coming from. Thanks :smile:

So i will have to edit it now and hope you guy move it back here or i create a new post for that (with the video, of course)

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

So i will have to edit it now and hope you guy move it back here or i create a new post for that (with the video, of course)

You started another similar thread "Japan Nuclear Aftermath" at almost the same time today. Perhaps, you can post that video inside that thread for discussion. There is no point starting so many threads with the same theme. in the end, it will not gather much disccusiion and viewership. Alot of people misunderstood that we are being difficult by merging similar theme threads. We just want to keep the discssion more focused instead of spreading over a few threads.
I noticed that you have raised some very good concerns about the situation problem in Japan but your threads fade away very fast without much contribution. Thanks for your understanding :smile:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

You started another similar thread "Japan Nuclear Aftermath" at almost the same time today. Perhaps, you can post that video inside that thread for discussion. There is no point starting so many threads with the same theme. in the end, it will not gather much disccusiion and viewership. Alot of people misunderstood that we are being difficult by merging similar theme threads. We just want to keep the discssion more focused instead of spreading over a few threads.
I noticed that you have raised some very good concerns about the situation problem in Japan but your threads fade away very fast without much contribution. Thanks for your understanding :smile:

I disagree.

That is the whole new type of discussion. That is about after math and this is about food. No relation between them.

Why are you judging the thread based on your own perception rather than letting the threads run on its own for a while to see how it turns out.

I didn't post 2 threads on aftermath.

If the thread fades away fast, you still have no right to judge my thread as of no value and deems it to merge with or move it to other threads. I see it as no respect for the forumers and the forum runs things as if the whole world revolve around its own perception with no freedom of will to get our post of intended discussion on whatever we like.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I disagree.

That is the whole new type of discussion. That is about after math and this is about food. No relation between them.

Why are you judging the thread based on your own perception rather than letting the threads run on its own for a while to see how it turns out.

I didn't post 2 threads on aftermath.

If the thread fades away fast, you still have no right to judge my thread as of no value and deems it to merge with or move it to other threads. I see it as no respect for the forumers and the forum runs things as if the whole world revolve around its own perception with no freedom of will to get our post of intended discussion on whatever we like.

I did not merge the thread. Im just suggesting it to you. If you cannot accept the rule of the game, then dont play the game.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Re: the trouble with moving posts to this folder and that folder

can you find a coffee shop in the real world where u have to sit in this corner if you want to talk politics and sit in another coner if u want to talk sex
and another coner if u want to talk jesus christ?

Consider each section here is a different table in the coffee shop. If you sat down at a table and you found everyone talking about religious shit, you'd get up and move to another table where everyone is discussing a topic which interests you more.

Some sections will of have lower traffic than others. It's a fact of life. Eg, when I want to discuss my photography stuff, I post in the moderated section and those which share my interests will proceed to the appropriate thread.

Not everyone is looking for a crowd. Some threads have slow but steady traffic... eg the threads in the political section and the emigration section.

The religious section has a small but fanatical group of users too.

If I lumped everything together, the slow threads would end up on page 5 within 24 hours and would never be seen again.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did not merge the thread. Im just suggesting it to you. If you cannot accept the rule of the game, then dont play the game.

What rule is that?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

The forum runs according to MY perception of what a forum should be and that's because it's my forum. You choose the colour of the walls in your house and the layout of your furniture and design of the bathroom because it's your home. I wouldn't dream of trying to dictate what you do with your property

If you started a forum, you'd run things differently because you are you and I am me. :p

I like all videos to be in the video section and the reason for this is that they can take some time to load and some configured to autostart will be playing the background when I'm trying to read the contents of the thread and that is bloody irritating.

I therefore try to keep this section free of embedded videos.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New rule, if you dun want your post to end up in video section, never put video on it.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

The forum runs according to MY perception of what a forum should be and that's because it's my forum. You choose the colour of the walls in your house and the layout of your furniture and design of the bathroom because it's your home.

If you started a forum, you'd run things differently because you are you and I am me. :p

I like all videos to be in the video section and the reason for this is that they can take some time to load and some configured to autostart will be playing the background when I'm trying to read the contents of the thread and that is bloody irritating.

I therefore try to keep this section free of embedded videos.

Of course you can run the way things are. The way you explain it makes sense to me. I have a good impression of the forum initially and would love to spend time here for some good discussion.

I have to say that after you intro a mod to move things around here, things are not the same as before. There is nothing wrong in moving threads but got to do it with some emotional intelligence of what the intended thread is.

This is my feedback as a user in this forum.

At the moment i am still ok with it now. but as "your home" start to piss me off. I will certainly leave to other forum.

sometimes people enjoy the freedom to post whatever they like due to certain intended discussion. Video does not means having only visual entertainment or pleasure, it is also information and knowledge.

Come back to what it is, like you say, if i dun like what i see here, i will move on too.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

New rule, if you dun want your post to end up in video section, never put video on it.

sorry bro, i don't see it this way. I see it as. if i think your thread sucks, i just move it and you can do nothing about it. If you don't like it, get out of here.

If the forum keeps on behaving and being run this way, it will not be diverse and dynamic.

Eventually, it will be a few topics of discussion day in and out which is perceive as ok, according to someone here.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

hey bro...come la...just enjoy here la. A bit of this and that never mind la. I am sure your posts will interest many guys ...me included.

Pls post la bro. :smile:

sorry bro, i don't see it this way. I see it as. if i think your thread sucks, i just move it and you can do nothing about it. If you don't like it, get out of here.

If the forum keeps on behaving and being run this way, it will not be diverse and dynamic.

Eventually, it will be a few topics of discussion day in and out which is perceive as ok, according to someone here.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

If you start this thread for the sole purpose of attacking the moderator of this forum, then I can say, you got your way. Like what Sam mentioned, this is his house, if he wants to put a butler in his own house, he do it irregardless of whether you like it or not.
I was kind enough to offer a suggestion to you and you took it badly. I should have listened to Sam to just do my job and not explain.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This issue very difficult to settle to make both party happy.:*: Nobody is at fault. No infraction and no - rep given. :*:
One party feels that he is not wrong, another party feels that he is right.:*:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

very true bro...slight misunderstanding la. Hope after they cool a bit everything will be 100% ok.

This issue very difficult to settle to make both party happy.:*: Nobody is at fault. No infraction and no - rep given. :*:
One party feels that he is not wrong, another party feels that he is right.:*:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Of course you can run the way things are. The way you explain it makes sense to me. I have a good impression of the forum initially and would love to spend time here for some good discussion.

I have to say that after you intro a mod to move things around here, things are not the same as before. There is nothing wrong in moving threads but got to do it with some emotional intelligence of what the intended thread is.

I didn't get a mod just to move things around. He also does lots of other work behind the scenes like approving moderated posts quickly and deleting spam as it appears. When it was me alone, I couldn't do things as efficiently as it was a one man show.

There was were also lots of complaints about inconsistency when I was running things by myself because I did not have time to review every single thread.

Everyone likes to do as they please and many take offense when what they have done is undone or altered by someone else. It's simply human nature.

If you start a forum and I join and start posting stuff you don't like or in places I'm not supposed to, I'm sure you're not just going to sit back and let me do what I want without consequence.

This forum is one of the most liberal around. Even rubbish isn't deleted. It's simply removed to the rubbish heap where those who want to read rubbish or discuss rubbish can carry on. Most forums would simply zap the contents.