• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cemetery in the Middle of an HDB Estate

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlike Bukit Brown, this cemetery, which is smack in the middle of an HDB estate, doesn't seem to be making way for 'progress' any time soon. It is also odd that very very little is ever said about this place, the Yin Foh Kuan Cemetery, which is off Commonwealth Lane (near Holland Avenue).

BTW, I'm not suggesting it should make way. Like Bukit Brown, it must have great historical significance.

image.php

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this one belong to old man ex-employer. so much give face and another touch. there another similar cemetery belong to the same ppl inside kovan private estate. hardly anyone pay their respect there yet authorities not dont anything.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There is a small Muslim cemetry smack right in the middle of Bedok HDB flats. Does anyone know?

When i was in JC, knew a girl from MIRC living there. So went out to meet her in the middle of the night. Her flat was within walking distance to the cemetry and I did not knew why we just walked into the small cemetry. At that time, I was more horny than afraid and I actually made her do a bbbj on me in the middle of that cemetry :o

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this one belong to old man ex-employer. so much give face and another touch. there another similar cemetery belong to the same ppl inside kovan private estate. hardly anyone pay their respect there yet authorities not dont anything.

what do u mean by so much give face and another touch?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither belongs to the Japanese Imperial Army. Ying Foh Kuan (off Commonwealth Lane) is definitely Chinese. The Japanese Cemetery at Parry Ave inters Japanese civilians who lived in Singapore.

That cemetry belongs to the imperial army of the great empire of the rising sun :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither belongs to the Japanese Imperial Army. Ying Foh Kuan (off Commonwealth Lane) is definitely Chinese. The Japanese Cemetery at Parry Ave inters Japanese civilians who lived in Singapore.

u sure?i always thought the commonwealth one belong to the japanese.

sorry for the mistake.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thanks brother for the clarification. I have always thought that there is an imperial army cemetry here in Singapore.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Fuck lah this is a Hakka cemetery how to even touch it? Don't even think about it.

Last edited:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
U know the security fence between the armor unit and that new poly at ang mo kio also got 3 malay tombs that nobody seem to bother.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with anyone. It not protected. It will go. In fact people want it moved to up their value.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm, this is interesting.

just saw CNA this afternoon, the AM bite size edition and they talked about a "lan fang republic" that exisited around 1766 to late 1800s before it was wiped out by "Dutch Colonials". Didn't catch the front so I guess if the Ducth were involved, its somewhere in Indon. Anyway, the remenants of the republic was somehow traced to the Yin Foh Kuan at Telok Ayer and I saw the researcher walking around this cemetry. Anyone caught the whole thing?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows anything about the little Sikh Cemetry in the middle of Siglap housing estate? That little road between Upper East Coast Rd and New Upper Changi Road is merely 2 lanes sometimes Sikh ghosts direct traffic when there are roadworks. I am talking about the one near the old Flamingo Valley.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows anything about the little Sikh Cemetry in the middle of Siglap housing estate? That little road between Upper East Coast Rd and New Upper Changi Road is merely 2 lanes sometimes Sikh ghosts direct traffic when there are roadworks. I am talking about the one near the old Flamingo Valley.

I think that is the Muslim cemetery as I did recall watching a burial when passing by to Opera Estate.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's beginning to make sense. The Lanfang Republic was given some prominence by Kiqiu Chan Chun Sing prior to the 2011 polls, and I wondered why. I wondered about Lanfang's significance in the history of the region. Was it really so important? If so, why has it been such a blind spot in our history and social studies texts? I searched the web and found the following information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanfang_Republic

http://www.asiawind.com/hakka/lanfang.htm

It appears that the Hakkas who settled on Borneo organized themselves into a political entity which was democratic among themselves (the Hakkas). Because the rule was not automatically hereditary (they had elections), they called it a republic. They also absorbed non-Chinese people into the entity but did not extend to them the right to vote. I suppose if you put them in today's context, they were colonialists who took over native lands and practised some form of apartheid.

At the foot of most of the readings I came across are suggestions that after the dismantling of the Lanfang Republic by the Dutch, the Hakkas scattered all over Southeast Asia, and one of their descendants later made himself the leader of another Chinese-based republic in SEA. So, if indeed this Yin Foh Kuan cemetery is a remnant of that past, much is explained.

http://lanfangchronicles.wordpress.com/chronicles-of-disappearance/

Hmmm, this is interesting.

just saw CNA this afternoon, the AM bite size edition and they talked about a "lan fang republic" that exisited around 1766 to late 1800s before it was wiped out by "Dutch Colonials". Didn't catch the front so I guess if the Ducth were involved, its somewhere in Indon. Anyway, the remenants of the republic was somehow traced to the Yin Foh Kuan at Telok Ayer and I saw the researcher walking around this cemetry. Anyone caught the whole thing?