• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's about People, not cattle, Prof Lim Chong Yah lambasts Lee Yi Shyan

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are able to sell at higher prices because singkies are getting richer and richer, even the bottom 20% also.
But it is costing more and more and as a great Singaporean analyst, said, you cannot eat house and you need a place to stay. So how are people getting richer?
Are you suggesting Singaporeans migrate to SE Asia? Have you taken your daily medicine? Are you taking Coke with it? It could kill you you know. Do not get so worked up.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were never ever neglected. You think they were neglected because you never cared for them in the first place.
Had you served in welfare or grassroots organisations, you will be able to see and serve these people.

The real reason you kpkb is because you want to attack the govt.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were never ever neglected. You think they were neglected because you never cared for them in the first place.
Had you served in welfare or grassroots organisations, you will be able to see and serve these people.

The real reason you kpkb is because you want to attack the govt.

Welfare organisation I believed did a good job but grassroots...err..ha you heard of wayang?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welfare organisation I believed did a good job but grassroots...err..ha you heard of wayang?

Hey guys. Suggest we just ignore Kinana. It's already been established much earlier that he's a retard. A PAP balls-carrier wannabe but totally void of substance. Even the PAP would want to distance itself from him as he's simply a disgrace with his sheer stupid wild statements. He doesn't deserves our attention and energy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hey guys. Suggest we just ignore Kinana. It's already been established much earlier that he's a retard. A PAP balls-carrier wannabe but totally void of substance. Even the PAP would want to distance itself from him as he's simply a disgrace with his sheer stupid wild statements. He doesn't deserves our attention and energy.

No worse than your motherhood statements about helping the "poor" and the "needy".

You'd have to be pretty dim to fall for the tricks of the conmen who are simply too lazy to do an honest day's work. Welfare states are full of such people and many countries have been brought to their knees paying benefits to those who have decided it's much easier living off the hard work of others.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam; You'd have to be pretty dim to fall for the tricks of the conmen who are simply too lazy to do an honest day's work. Welfare states are full of such people and many countries have been brought to their knees paying benefits to those who have decided it's much easier living off the hard work of others.[/QUOTE said:
Not everyone believe in working lah! Tell that to the Ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel. These people do not work at all, pray five times a day and study the scriptures from dawn to dusk. Their sole mission in life is to prepare themselves for the arrival of the Messiah. Of course without any income from working, they have to rely on sponsorship of the state for survival.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worse than your motherhood statements about helping the "poor" and the "needy".

You'd have to be pretty dim to fall for the tricks of the conmen who are simply too lazy to do an honest day's work. Welfare states are full of such people and many countries have been brought to their knees paying benefits to those who have decided it's much easier living off the hard work of others.

It's really laughable that the one who comes here to stereotype the poor n needy as conmen too lazy to do an honest's day work is accusing me of motherhood statements. Unlike u who are posting such generalisations remotely from a farway country, I'm involved in helping specific individuals to live each day with decency and dignity. I work on real cases with real names. I know what their specific problems ans the specific ways to help them. And u said I'm making motherhood statements.

All u had to offer after thousands of posts on this topic is the same old wishy washy view that the PAP chose as an excuse not to provide assistance so that they can keep the reserves for their own n the rich. Now, that's what I call pretty dim.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I work on real cases with real names. I know what their specific problems ans the specific ways to help them.

The fact that you are being conned by specific individuals makes the whole scenario even more pathetic. :rolleyes:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that you are being conned by specific individuals makes the whole scenario even more pathetic. :rolleyes:

If in the process of helping 100 poor and needy people, I get conned a little by just 2 of them, it's still worth it. 98 persons would then be helped back to their feet to restart their lives and to regain dignity. It means a world to the 98. What's truly pathetic is someone sitting on his fat ass in NZ not lifting a single finger to help the poor and needy but instead typing keystrokes to mock them and belittle any efforts to help them. I believe forummers here can judge for themselves who's the real loser here.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If in the process of helping 100 poor and needy people, I get conned a little by just 2 of them, it's still worth it. 98 persons would then be helped back to their feet to restart their lives and to regain dignity.

What you have done is nothing to be proud of. Instead of the 98 being able to stand on their own two feet, they now have the mistaken notion that help is just round the corner whenever they are in difficulty. You have done them no favours in the long term.

What you should have done was to give them a hard kick up their asses and stuck some spurs in their sides. The down and out don't need assistance. They need shock therapy to get them out of their stupor.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
cannot blanket label all of the poor and unfortunate until like that la boss. Some yes.. but not all are lazy and parasites. The trick is to identify.

What you should have done was to give them a hard kick up their asses and stuck some spurs in their sides. The down and out don't need assistance. They need shock therapy to get them out of their stupor.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
cannot blanket label all of the poor and unfortunate until like that la boss. Some yes.. but not all are lazy and parasites. The trick is to identify.

They're ALL like that. I used to do social work too. I gave up after finding out that none of them I dealt with were willing to help themselves.

There was this fat Maori lump of shit that I tried to help. He could not work because he was always sick. He received benefits because of his illness but the case was brought to my attention because he had ended up in debt.

I told him the first thing that he needed to do was lose 50Kg and stop wasting his money on smoking. All his health problems were related to being overweight plus his other disgusting habits... ie hypertension and type 2 diabetes.

2 weeks later I visited him again. He was still smoking and had not done a single routine that I had mapped out for him to lose weight. He said he needed good walking shoes. I gave him $100 from my own pocket to buy shoes... that was a big mistake.

A month later... still no walking shoes. Turns out he used the money to buy cigs instead.

This is one case. I had many more similar that I experienced first hand. Other social workers that I work with all have similar stories.

It boils down to this :

1) They have no will power.
2) They can't break out of their addictions.
3) They refuse to change their diets or their spending habits.

If I could subject them to military law and put them through boot camp. They'd all come out much better off. The touchy, feely, softly, softly approach does not work. They simply take advantage of the help they get and refuse to make any changes themselves.