• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good news: Buy property in Aussieland allows you to migrate there.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least that is what these ah tiongs are trying to sell.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-business/for-sale-australian-homes-with-views-to-residency-20120410-1wm87.html

For sale: Australian homes with views to residency
April 10, 2012 - 1:27PM
Read later

Chinese property investors are being lured with promise of migration to Australia. Photo: Philip Wen
Twice a year, one of Beijing's largest convention venues, perched on the same east-west thoroughfare as Tiananmen Square, holds a large-scale international property fair.

Developers and agents spruik property from all over the world - the United States, United Kingdom and Singapore all have a large presence, as does Australia. Touts thrust leaflets into every open hand they can find.

The drawcard, it seems, is more than property. One booth, which advertised property from all across the Australian east coast, prominently boasted: “Invest in property; speedy migration”.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Over at the Sunland Group's booth, a sign read: “Buy Australian real estate; free migration.”

At the back of the hall, one US migration expert was busy convincing avid listeners that he had a close to 100 per cent record in helping his clients get a green card. “Just do what I say,” he said.

The fair had also organised a delegation of Cypriot developers who spruiked the attractive proposition of residence in a member state of the European Union for 300,000 euros.

Enterprising Chinese have been leaving home in search of a better life for centuries. But why, in one of the biggest and fastest-growing countries in the world, are Chinese leaving now? And why are the wealthiest of Chinese, who might earn multiples of the average wage, so keen to leave?

“Chinese have always taken money out of the country, but in the last two years the amount of money being taken out of the country has surged,” Michael Pettis, professor at Peking University and high-profile China bear, told BusinessDay. “You have to ask yourself: why don't they believe the hype?”

One theme that kept popping up was “social stability”.

One prospective investor, who gave his last name as Wang, said Beijing property prices were too high and unstable, and that Australia offered a much more “socially stable” environment, and provided good opportunities for his 19-year-old son, who was studying mathematics at university.

Mr Wang said he had an advertising business and had just begun plans to migrate.

“It shouldn't be too hard,” Mr Wang told BusinessDay. “I have a friend who has ten properties in Melbourne. I want to invest too. I hear the east is better but much more expensive.”

In China, real estate as an investment has long been seen by the people to be safe as houses. That is, until last year. For the past five months in a row, property prices in China's major cities have steadily declined due to direct government action to curb real estate speculation amid growing concern of a property bubble.

Yet still, particularly in China's larger cities, owning their own home remains well out of reach for average-wage earners. Even houses in Beijing's outer suburbs, more than an hour's commute away, are not cheap, even by Australian standards.

Widening gap

The growing disparity between the rich and poor in the world's most-populous nation has become glaringly obvious.

The Chinese are making more money, but not feeling richer. Real wages are growing, but house affordability has plummeted. It all sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it?

With the government restricting property purchases, the stockmarket still seen as overly risky, and bank interest below inflation, alternative “investments” are flourishing. The price of top-end Chinese art, jade, tea, the obscure aphrodisiac dongchong xiachao, or caterpillar fungus, have all surged to record levels.

It therefore makes sense that wealthy Chinese are increasingly looking at ways to make investments overseas.

Our ever-increasing reliance on the Chinese economy extends to Australia's property market. A recent Standard and Poor's report said if China's economic growth rate dropped to 8 per cent, Australian property prices could drop 5 per cent. More alarmingly – if less likely – if China's growth rate dropped to 5 per cent, Australian property prices could plunge by more than 20 per cent.

Naturally, gaining permanent residency in Australia is much harder than buying a few properties, a fact that many Chinese real estate agents gloss over. One migration and commercial law expert said he had many Chinese clients with migration in mind.

“Many of them do ask about migration. But that's because of the unscrupulous agents,” he said.

“Armed with properties in the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney ... they're more like snake oil salesmen.”

One Chinese agent explained: “You need over $600,000 in Australian assets, and have a controlling share in a company for more than two years with a turnover of more than 2.4 million yuan (about $350,000).”

It all sounded a bit too hard, one investor remarked.

“Will you only consider Australia for migration? What about Canada?” came the reply.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/worl...o-residency-20120410-1wm87.html#ixzz1rc7fCl6Q

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't it is so easy (I read this
Morning).. There may be other conditions attached. Anyhow, if you are within the Chinese area and the policies turned in your favour or migrants favour, you will profit from the process :-) I am waiting for high influx of migrants in order to retire :-)

Generally Chinese areas will come with better security, less graffiti, better schools etc plenty of rich & golds to spill over. Hehe..

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussieland lah. You go see Singapore, PRC there a lot also.

I don't it is so easy (I read this
Morning).. There may be other conditions attached. Anyhow, if you are within the Chinese area and the policies turned in your favour or migrants favour, you will profit from the process :-) I am waiting for high influx of migrants in order to retire :-)

Generally Chinese areas will come with better security, less graffiti, better schools etc plenty of rich & golds to spill over. Hehe..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Embrace the Chinese, in order to know more lobangs :smile: Sg chinamen are working class, whereas in Aussieland, they are the millionaires. If you ask any Chinanese, if they have the 'choice' they'll either go for Canada or Australia :-)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, only the millionaires chinese can make it to Australia. While the scums makes it to SG.

Embrace the Chinese, in order to know more lobangs :smile: Sg chinamen are working class, whereas in Aussieland, they are the millionaires. If you ask any Chinanese, if they have the 'choice' they'll either go for Canada or Australia :-)

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, only the millionaires chinese can make it to Australia. While the scums makes it to SG.

Oei, do you know our (Aussie citizen or PR) market price for scam marraige ? It has increased to AUD$80,000 ! It would be nice to have a chick besides your bed and collect $$ :-)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lah, I knew this like 3 years ago liao, even considered going for it. Its very high risk ok, the mei mei would try to have sex with you all the time to get pregnant. Then have baby, then run road back with kid. Worst case scenario you still have to pay for child support! You dare to do it this way meh ?

Oei, do you know our (Aussie citizen or PR) market price for scam marraige ? It has increased to AUD$80,000 ! It would be nice to have a chick besides your bed and collect $$ :-)

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least that is what these ah tiongs are trying to sell.

[URL="http:0120410-1wm87.html[/URL]

That just scared the bejesus out of me. Saying Social stability is an issue reflects where China is. We know the richest countries are those most stable politically. The thousands of protests occurring daily in China is still the story no one is talking about. We are praying China's slowdown is engineered - and several of us are losing sleep since Hu announced the big 4 need to be broken up. This might mean China is on a downward trajectory and will affect Singapore and Asia negatively. But then again, maybe the Chinese ARE smarter than the Japs were in the 1980s

We shall see

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the CCP fears most is 动乱。They will keep the GDP up as much as possible while trying to address inflation pressure. Slowdown will happen, but it needs to be done that will keep everyone employed which means they don't want a slowdown like Japan. Tibet, Xinjiang are all hot flash points, there are policies in place for natives there. Whether it works or not is another matter.

That just scared the bejesus out of me. Saying Social stability is an issue reflects where China is. We know the richest countries are those most stable politically. The thousands of protests occurring daily in China is still the story no one is talking about. We are praying China's slowdown is engineered - and several of us are losing sleep since Hu announced the big 4 need to be broken up. This might mean China is on a downward trajectory and will affect Singapore and Asia negatively. But then again, maybe the Chinese ARE smarter than the Japs were in the 1980s

We shall see