• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When is PM going to hold BE?

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
On mar 9, PM Lee Said: n deciding on the timing, he said he would take into account all relevant factors. These include Hougang residents' well-being, issues on the national agenda, and the international backdrop that 'affects our prosperity and security'.

Low Thia Kiang asked having consider all this will PM Lee give a time frame on when it wil be held

PL Lee said he definitely will after having consider all this

It has been 3 weeks, How long will PM Lee need to take to consider?

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
we will not be able to answer your question...other than guessing when the BE be held...

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Voters : When's Hougang BE going to be held?

PM : Don't know, ask the judge.

Judge : We're looking into it, wait.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On mar 9, PM Lee Said: n deciding on the timing, he said he would take into account all relevant factors. These include Hougang residents' well-being, issues on the national agenda, and the international backdrop that 'affects our prosperity and security'.

Can any bro help me understand how 'the international backdrop that affects our prosperity and security" is a factor to take into account when the BE won't take months or years to conclude. It doesn't even involve the whole of S'pore.

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can any bro help me understand how 'the international backdrop that affects our prosperity and security" is a factor to take into account when the BE won't take months or years to conclude. It doesn't even involve the whole of S'pore.

without any appointed MP in Hougang, PAP will become the main party serving the residents...
is this call fixing the opposition?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, you should know what. Or should I say, you should know who to ask. After all, you're the 'chosen one' approved by KGC.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He means he doesn't know what the hell it means but just string some words together to make a statement anyway. Delaying Hougang BE as long as possible is politically beneficial for PAP. It's likely that more and more voters will go and see the CCC Advisor instead WP MPs from other wards rotating in Hougang.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means he doesn't know what the hell it means but just string some words together to make a statement anyway. Delaying Hougang BE as long as possible is politically beneficial for PAP. It's likely that more and more voters will go and see the CCC Advisor instead WP MPs from other wards rotating in Hougang.

you are right. So you too will delay the BE as much as you can if you are Hsien Loong.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee helps to save on Hougang MP allowance... By not calling a by-election he actually shown us that Sink does not really need so many MP in the first place!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are right. So you too will delay the BE as much as you can if you are Hsien Loong.

If I'm LHL, first and foremost I wouldn't have married HC even had LKY threatened to bash me up. OK, back to BE, if I'm in postition of PM and PAP Sec-Gen., I'd just declare no need BE until next GE and the judge can go home to sleep. That was what LKY and GCT did in Anson (WP), Jalan Besar (PAP) and Jurong (PAP) cases. That was what he himself did in his own AMK and YCK cases too. Plenty of precedents to establish as common law.

Why is he worried and hesitant now? It's because it's the first time he's facing an opposition case like this. He's no match for his father.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm LHL, first and foremost I wouldn't have married HC even had LKY threatened to bash me up. OK, back to BE, if I'm in postition of PM and PAP Sec-Gen., I'd just declare no need BE until next GE and the judge can go home to sleep. That was what LKY and GCT did in Anson (WP), Jalan Besar (PAP) and Jurong (PAP) cases. That was what he himself did in his own AMK and YCK cases too. Plenty of precedents to establish as common law.

Why is he worried and hesitant now? It's because it's the first time he's facing an opposition case like this. He's no match for his father.

To be honest with you, the opposition is really weak. Its the electorate that has changed.
Hsien Loong will delay as long as he like but it will be unfair for Hougang not to have BE till 2016 so I can bet you it will happen by this year.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no BE is good for WP what...they can continue to serve the residents & continue to build their relations for their next candidate.

and the longer PAP decide on the BE, the worse it look for them....they cannot find a suitable candidate. Imagine BE & lose.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
no BE is good for WP what...they can continue to serve the residents & continue to build their relations for their next candidate.

and the longer PAP decide on the BE, the worse it look for them....they cannot find a suitable candidate. Imagine BE & lose.

W/o an MP in Hougang, WP cannot serve the residents properly.
The residents will suffer just as predicted by LKY. You see the point?

My MP is serving me well and even invited me personally for a drink just because I gave feedback on her FB. Things got done fast, improvements are tangible in the estate. Real change, not just photo op like WP and sing ah pia jia eh yia.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually by him giving such excuses on when not to hold the BE, just makes him look more incompetent. Running such a small country with dictator like powers that Obama can only dream off and with soo much resources available to the PAP..he is afraid of one Hougang SMC...what a clown,,,

And the longer he delays this the better...it gives WP more time to work the ground,,,and WP is doing a good job in Hougang,..LTK has alot of respect there..and people like the WP...if Pinky showed some balls and say will be held in 3 mths,,blah blah blah,,he might have gotten 45%,,,than he can declare victory in defeat...but I think now,,he will be below 40%,,,even worse,,,

Pinky is really dumb....but I guess its better to be dumb and lucky and be rich than to be smart and unlucky and suffer more in life

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky is really dumb....but I guess its better to be dumb and lucky and be rich than to be smart and unlucky and suffer more in life

I agree, really dumb. Standby and take another defeat, that's all. No face lost. After all, Hougang has been WP incumbent for more than 20 years. Give the the voters a proper account and settlement would look more statesmanlike and score more political points nationwide, as a PM. In Chinese we say, you're 一国之君 not 一方诸侯。He failed on both counts.

Last edited: