• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to eat the best char kway teow

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The malaysian char kway teow has a lot of ingredients - big prawns, hum, slices of fish cakes, lap cheong etc. Just take a look at the photos.

Those hawkers giving plenty of ingredients especially big tiger prawns, normally charge a bit more from what is normally charge. About RM6 to RM8 for a plate of char kway teow with big tiger prawns. This is still cheap by SG standards, less than $4.

Is there any hawkers in SG that dish out char kway teow with lots of ingredients like the Malaysians?

622981579_62b6c0d0c2.jpg

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
best char kway teow to me is hill street char kway teow at bedok south market. i can tell that it is from there once i taste the 1st mouth.

Other then that stall, the rest all like no difference to me.

jw5

Loyal
best char kway teow to me is hill street char kway teow at bedok south market. i can tell that it is from there once i taste the 1st mouth.

What about the stalls at Zion Road and Hong Lim Market?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you sure, that's normal serving ? :confused:I used to go to this steak house 2 nights in a row, on the 2nd night I asked the waiter " How come tonite steak much smaller than the one I had last nite ?"
The waiter replied " oh! last nite you were sitting by the window wat ":biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

I totally agree with you 100%.
I wouldn't waste time and add calories eating normal char kway teow. Want to eat must eat only the best:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why was the Hill St food centre was closed?? To this day theres still nothing at that site.

Anyone know what happened to the wanton mee stall that was next to the sour plum/chin chow drink stall?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the stalls at Zion Road and Hong Lim Market?

they are good, but somehow not as good as this hill street one. If you buy zion road or hong lim market one for me, i wouldn't be able to tell you where is it from.

But there is another one that impress me is actually from JB, they use belacan.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why was the Hill St food centre was closed??

The char kway teow at Hill St food centre is cheap and good. It is not the best but for the price, it is worthwhile eating. Don't know why it's closed.

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to go to eat this?

Haven't seen this anywhere in SG. Need to go Malaysia to eat char kway teow with large prawns.

You can count yourself lucky if the SG hawker put lup cheong in the char kway teow :biggrin:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you 100%.
I wouldn't waste time and add calories eating normal char kway teow. Want to eat must eat only the best:p

From the picture, it look more like fried prawn and hum instead of CKT. A good plate of CKT is a combination of various ingredients , the kway teow and the lard plus hum and taugeh are main characters. If you add prawns and sotong, I dont quite like it . I hated chye tow kuay with prawns.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the picture, it look more like fried prawn and hum instead of CKT. A good plate of CKT is a combination of various ingredients , the kway teow and the lard plus hum and taugeh are main characters. If you add prawns and sotong, I dont quite like it . I hated chye tow kuay with prawns.

I agree. The nice char kway teow, consists of the frying of the lard, tau gey, not too sweet black sauce, hum and the chinese sausage.

Prawns, seems a mismatch

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Char kuay teow with prawns is heaven. Just drive over to Malaysia and your life will be changed once you acquire the taste :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
The malaysian char kway teow has a lot of ingredients - big prawns, hum, slices of fish cakes, lap cheong etc. Just take a look at the photos.

I love Malaysian hawker food simply because they are usually tastier - they are generous with lard, sugar, msg, salt and palm oil. Even their chillie paste contains more sugar, salt and msg.

Eat in moderation and drink lots of water to flush out all the excesses.

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal

This plate of char kway teow is unbelievable with all the prawns.

If say I'm forced to make a choice: go cheong or have this plate of char kway teow,
I would rather have this plate of char kway teow :biggrin: