• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cynthia Phua, Lim Hwee Hua to step down

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mrs Lim Hwee Hua (left) and Madam Cynthia Phua waiting for the Aljunied GRC election results to be announced at Bedok Stadium on the early morning of May 8, 2011.
AsiaOne
Sunday, Mar 25, 2012

Former PAP MPs for Aljunied GRC Mrs Lim Hwee Hwa and Madam Cynthia Phua will step down as grassroots advisers to Aljunied grassroots organisations on April 30.

According to news reports, veteran grassroots leaders Mrs Daisie Yip and Professor Brian Lee have been appointed by the People's Assocation as grassrot advisers for Serangoon and Paya Lebar with effect from May 1.

Former educator Mrs Yip, 62, has served the community for the past 28 years. After 40 years of service, she retired as a school superintendent this year and served Serangoon residents as a member of the various grassroots organisations including the Citizens' Consultative Committee, Community Centre/Club Management Committee and Women's Executive Committee.

Mrs Yip also served the North-East Community Development Council from 2006 to 2011.

Engineer Prof Lee, 71, has been active in grassroots work for the past 37 years. He was a member of the Pasir Panjang Citizens' Consultative Committee in 1975 and went on to hold leadership positions in Moulmein Citizens' Consultative Committee and Inter-Racial Confidence Circle.

He also served on the Central Singapore CDC from 1997 to 2006, and was Singapore's non-resident ambassador to Oman, Kuwait and Kenya from 1996 to 2007.

The People's Association thanked Mrs Lim and Madam Phua.

Mrs Lim said: "I am extremely grateful to both the grassroots leaders and residents for their support, co-operation and active participation in matters that affect their social lives, community bonding and physical environment."

Mdm Phua said: "I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve the residents for the last 10 years. I would like to thank my grassroots, community and religious leaders for their staunch support."

[email protected]

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Situation is even worse than what was in Hougang and Potong Pasir. The grassroots advisor replacements, if they were PAP candidate prospects, would have never served for 30 to 40 years without being fielded. At least Hg and PP had PAP chaps who were fielded.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Situation is even worse than what was in Hougang and Potong Pasir. The grassroots advisor replacements, if they were PAP candidate prospects, would have never served for 30 to 40 years without being fielded. At least Hg and PP had PAP chaps who were fielded.

they are even older than the 1s they replaced.... LOL

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also confused by this: Bedok Reservoir-Punggol apparently has a Anthony Loh (73 year old) as PA grassroots adviser and Victor Lye (49 year old GM) as PAP branch chairman. Both posts are taken by the same person in all past cases.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also confused by this: Bedok Reservoir-Punggol apparently has a Anthony Loh (73 year old) as PA grassroots adviser and Victor Lye (49 year old GM) as PAP branch chairman. Both posts are taken by the same person in all past cases.

this is wayang move to depoliticise PA grassroots adviser post .... so aljunied got nothing to KPKB in the next GE

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is wayang move to depoliticise PA grassroots adviser post .... so aljunied got nothing to KPKB in the next GE

Not sure if that makes any difference. But whatever it is, it's good riddance to these two arrogant bitches who treated their residents like dirt.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if that makes any difference. But whatever it is, it's good riddance to these two arrogant bitches who treated their residents like dirt.

These bitches thought they are infallible, but the power of the people change their fate for the better of Aljunied residents.