• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia - Gen/Info/Emergency Numbers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My personal 2 cents based on the good people whom i have the honour to work with on many matters, just sharing as there were multiple requests for these contacts.

Legal:

KH LOO, Issac Liew or Ms Gan
Lawyer:

NO. 16-01, JALAN BESTARI 2/2
TAMAN NUSA BESTARI
81300 SKUDAI
07-2350805

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/legaldirectory/mfirmdetail.php?fid=10638
[email protected]

Company Set up/ Secretarial Services

Ms Carol or Mr Eric Yee

Address: 88A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: 07-335 2040

Good agent to work with:

Sophia Heng
+60 +60 16 722 3714
www.sophiaheng.com

Roof/OVERALL SUPER Handy Man:
Mr Lee / Da Ge
016 708 8807
014 985 2829

Furniture:

Izola
Bryan

Jalan Mutiara 1/9, Taman Mutiara Mas, 81300 Skudai, Johor

If you must tell them who referred you, then tell them the HH guy recommended you.
Disclaimer: No commissions or referrer fee is ever applicable.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Adding more:

Pre-School (English/Mandarin Medium)
Red Woods Montessori Pre-School

http://redwoods.my/

Branches in Mount Austin/Tebrau, Nusa Bestari and Mutiara Mas
Ms Kaili: 017 769 4088

4 X 4 Vehicle Mods and accessories

SJ 4 X 4
https://www.facebook.com/Sj4x4Accessories/

27, Jalan Harmonium 23/14, Taman Desa Tebrau

Mr Liang
012-717 1666

There is also a "well equipped" paintball accessories shop (A bit expensive IMHO but well worth it) in the same row as the 4 x 4 shop. :wink: Also a nice ba kut teh place just next to the 4 x 4 shop.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last week spent time in JB and looked for dental services in Mt Austin area. Finally settled on trying out a group practice, Austin Dental Surgery with 3 to 4 dentist in attendance as prices looked reasonable. My wife and I had scaling and polishing done; we were charged RM110 & RM130. I like Dr Ng who attended to us as she was good and did not try to push for additional business. I draw this conclusion as my wife asked if she needed to additional work done as she saw a crack in a tooth. After examining, Dr Ng said it's just a small gap between teeth and can do filling, but also no harm leaving it as it is for the time being.

Here is their published prices Austin dental price list.jpeg

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last week spent time in JB and looked for dental services in Mt Austin area. Finally settled on trying out a group practice, Austin Dental Surgery with 3 to 4 dentist in attendance as prices looked reasonable. My wife and I had scaling and polishing done; we were charged RM110 & RM130. I like Dr Ng who attended to us as she was good and did not try to push for additional business. I draw this conclusion as my wife asked if she needed to additional work done as she saw a crack in a tooth. After examining, Dr Ng said it's just a small gap between teeth and can do filling, but also no harm leaving it as it is for the time being.

Here is their published prices

Wonder what is the pricing in Singapore? Just curious about the comparison and savings, if any.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what is the pricing in Singapore? Just curious about the comparison and savings, if any.

Parkway Dental's published price for "routine cleaning" starts from S$90. The last time I visited a dentist for scaling and polishing by a dental clinic in the East cost $70. While I have not had a higher end treatment like crowning or bridging done for a while, I would guess today's price in sg will be much higher than Austin's published price of RM900.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neighborhood unrenovated old looking clinic scaling and polish can be as low as sgd45. If got the pioneer gen card around sgd 15. else in normal clinic it's sgd 80.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neighborhood unrenovated old looking clinic scaling and polish can be as low as sgd45. If got the pioneer gen card around sgd 15. else in normal clinic it's sgd 80.

Haven't visited the unrenovated dental clinics. I'm used to clinics with modern equipment, no longer want to try the historical manual scaling which I experienced decades ago. This clinic uses modern equipment for scaling and polishing which is not sub-par to those in sg, and it makes skills less crucial for simple treatment like this. What impressed me is that she kept checking if I was hurting, show of care which sometimes is lacking here.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't visited the unrenovated dental clinics. I'm used to clinics with modern equipment, no longer want to try the historical manual scaling which I experienced decades ago. This clinic uses modern equipment for scaling and polishing which is not sub-par to those in sg, and it makes skills less crucial for simple treatment like this. What impressed me is that she kept checking if I was hurting, show of care which sometimes is lacking here.

Unrenovated is just the clinic interior design, equipment is modern. It's like those old time neighbourhood clinic with no aircon at the waiting area. Like back to 1980s. Providing budget dental services to the people, do the job without too much of human touch as the next patient is waiting. Always fully reserved with old folks with CHAS cards paying $15 to remove a tooth. The point is, if you need to find budget dental service in sg, still can find.

soccernet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi..I need to shift personal and household items to my JB house from Singapore. Will be glad if anyone can recommend a reliable and good shipping company. Thanks.

soccernet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks vm. Have contacted but yet to get reply from them. Actually, can just put everything in car boot but maybe more convenient get a mover to do all in one trip.
Cheers..

Just sharing … copied from elsewhere in the forum for my own reference. Not used yet.
Quite old thread.
Hope this helps.

CHL Movers +65 90629125 (From Singapore to JB)

typh00n:
“Ask CHL Movers for a quote. Heard some bros here used them before.”
http://www.chlhousemovers.com/home.html