• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young and Dangerous in Pasir Ris - family chalet party become gang fight?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Youths brawl after chalet party

Zenzen
inSing.com - 17 hrs 53 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Pasir Ris Costa Sands resort (Pic / Google Maps)</cite>
A birthday party at a chalet turned into an unhappy occasion for a family after they were involved in a brawl with several youths.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, Mdm Noraini, 39, had booked a chalet at the Pasir Ris Costa Sands resort on 15 March to celebrate her husband's birthday.

Late in the night after the party, eight of the youngsters decided to go explore the nearby Pasir Ris park.

Shortly after, Mdm Noraini's daughter called to say that she was not feeling well and wanted to return to the chalet to rest.

Mdm Noraini's son, Shafiq, 20, together with his friend Zulkifli, offered to accompany Mdm Noraini to the back gate of the chalet compound to pick up the girl.

On their way to the back gate, the trio walked past a group of youths who were staring at them.

Shafiq warned his mother that the youths seemed to be looking for trouble, but Mdm Noraini told her son to ignore the youths.

After picking up her daughter, Mdm Noraini encountered the group of youths again while returning to the chalet.

With the youths still staring, Shafiq made a sign at them and asked them what they wanted.

According to Mdm Noraini, one of youths jumped up and started hurling insults at her.

Outraged, Shafiq threw a punch at them and the two groups started brawling.

The police arrived shortly and arrested both Shafiq and his friend. Police later arrested another three youths believed to be involved in the brawl, two of them aged 15, and another aged 22.

An 18-year-old youth was also sent to the hospital.

The five will be charged in court for rioting. If convicted, they each face up to 7 years of jail time and may be caned.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkeepoo is the only place in the world where you can be killed over staring. So much for a safe place.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you read the report it was this shafiq that was the one that started it. They were simply starring at him nothing was said he actually started it by provoking them and punching one of them first.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Superman would win any staring contest.

heatvisionnf3.jpg

I was never a pai kia, so I do not understand the dynamics of a staring contest.

What if you look back at the thugs and smile/wave/say hello?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's nothing wrong if someone stares at you. Sure it feels uncomfortable but so what? Nobody has done anything wrong to you. If you actually confront someone you obviously provoke them and then you punch them you're in the wrong. The youths mentioned were not named at all. Anyway this shafiq is in the wrong.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing wrong if someone stares at you. Sure it feels uncomfortable but so what? Nobody has done anything wrong to you. If you actually confront someone you obviously provoke them and then you punch them you're in the wrong. The youths mentioned were not named at all. Anyway this shafiq is in the wrong.

I have gone through that stage where there I'd say there is "nothing wrong with staring." Staring intimidatingly is an assault on the senses and trying to provoke a response. This is done by loser youths with nothing else better to do with their time than starting tai-chee and using their group size to makan lesser groups or individuals. So, if someone stares at you, and you tell the person(s) not to stare - you are starting trouble?

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have gone through that stage where there I'd say there is "nothing wrong with staring." Staring intimidatingly is an assault on the senses and trying to provoke a response. This is done by loser youths with nothing else better to do with their time than starting tai-chee and using their group size to makan lesser groups or individuals. So, if someone stares at you, and you tell the person(s) not to stare - you are starting trouble?

Cheers!

Sure when someone stares at you he might be trying to provoke you but do you know something, you can always look away. Now how do you know someone is staring at you if you choose not to look in their direction? You ever heard of the saying sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. I'm sure in anyone's books if someone were to yell something at you it's even more offensive than staring at you. Yet the saying is to say ignore it if someone says things to you what more if he stares at you.

I like your use of the choice phrase "staring is an assault on the senses" It's obvious this shafiq person is someone that is trying to find trouble.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually in staring cases the party that stares at the other party first will get offended and try to whack them up but in this case. The other party getting stared at actually takes offence and approaches them and assaults them first. HIs family was also with him and he still behaved like a gangster and he's pretty old no more a youth at 20.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would react in the same way too. Its a compliment, and I usually look back at them and smile.

That's smart of you, you see instead of getting angry at them and trying to start a fight you smile back at them, they won't quarrel or pick a fight with you and all conflict is resolved and you don't feel offended. See that's the correct mentality.

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think they would even want to stare at me, cos they will die in 7 days. Unless their house no TV then I bobian.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That's smart of you, you see instead of getting angry at them and trying to start a fight you smile back at them, they won't quarrel or pick a fight with you and all conflict is resolved and you don't feel offended. See that's the correct mentality.

Also, can't fight anymore. Old already, thats why smiling is better lah. Youngsters are too brash and rash.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, can't fight anymore. Old already, thats why smiling is better lah. Youngsters are too brash and rash.

Don't tell me you would want to fight if you were younger? Don't have to act so rash and get offended over everything. espcially something like staring.