• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

17 year old jump overhead bridge after quarrel with GF

wow bro ...this leng leng from mummy become citizen ? by the way bro , theres something i wanted to ask you very long liao ...how much do you think needed to open a thai joint in singapore ?

Thai joints should be pretty similar to discos and HFJs in terms of costs. KTV costs a little more coz of rooms partition and whatever is inside. $50-70 psf should see you through the reno. If upclass type, $150-200 psf easily. If you look at a 2000sq ft outlet (no KTV rooms), I am confident it can be done for about 120k (exclude rental deposit).

The bulk of it goes to your sound systems and lightings. Air-con takes up close to 20k for that size. You can skip carpets and wallpaper for Thai discos. Tables and bar stools doesn't cost alot.

You thinking of opening one here? Not sure how the scene is doing for Thai discos. I hardly go those places. Consider HFJs. Based on my observation, they are making good money. Some 100% make $$$$. There are ways to that.

Is it true that to get a license to open these pubs, nightspots, the license holder must have no criminal records?

Thai joints should be pretty similar to discos and HFJs in terms of costs. KTV costs a little more coz of rooms partition and whatever is inside. $50-70 psf should see you through the reno. If upclass type, $150-200 psf easily. If you look at a 2000sq ft outlet (no KTV rooms), I am confident it can be done for about 120k (exclude rental deposit).

The bulk of it goes to your sound systems and lightings. Air-con takes up close to 20k for that size. You can skip carpets and wallpaper for Thai discos. Tables and bar stools doesn't cost alot.

You thinking of opening one here? Not sure how the scene is doing for Thai discos. I hardly go those places. Consider HFJs. Based on my observation, they are making good money. Some 100% make $$$$. There are ways to that.

thankyou for your infor boss . 120k ? really ? thats not alot . one of the thai club boss looking for invester ..i thought can pump in money . i heard from my friend it take about 500k to set up something like sensation thai club . do you think it take 500k to set up sensation ? i heard thai scene in singapore not bad biz cause recently many singapore woman also go to thai club and hang flower for thai boy band . heard from my friend thai club ladies drink one glass about $12-$15 . " waterfall " about $60 per glass . and thai girl agent get maybe $2 from each glass of ladies drink . im considering now ...must do all the maths and market price if not kena cheated .once again thankyou boss . can you start up a thread on how to open and run a hfj ? thankyou ...need to know more of thai club in singapore .

Is it true that to get a license to open these pubs, nightspots, the license holder must have no criminal records?

Not stated anywhere. But I am aware there are several chaps banned from operating such joints for past serious licensing infringements. If they need to apply, better to use proxies.

thankyou for your infor boss . 120k ? really ? thats not alot . one of the thai club boss looking for invester ..i thought can pump in money . i heard from my friend it take about 500k to set up something like sensation thai club . do you think it take 500k to set up sensation ? i heard thai scene in singapore not bad biz cause recently many singapore woman also go to thai club and hang flower for thai boy band . heard from my friend thai club ladies drink one glass about $12-$15 . " waterfall " about $60 per glass . and thai girl agent get maybe $2 from each glass of ladies drink . im considering now ...must do all the maths and market price if not kena cheated .once again thankyou boss . can you start up a thread on how to open and run a hfj ? thankyou ...need to know more of thai club in singapore .

Not too familiar with the dynamics involved with opening and running of Thai and Filipino joints. I am au fait with KTV and HFJs.

If you want to invest, best to be physically around or entrust someone to 'protect' your interests. Very easy to get cheated. Even account books can be easily manipulated. I speak from past experience. Friends will cheat friends.

Not sure if 500k is needed to set up something like Sensation. Bear in mind, ALL operators will never tell you the exact costs involved. They will mark it up by at least 30%. Also, there are some who will jio investors to enable themselves 'free share.' For instance, if reno costs 350K and they declare it as 500k, and if 70% shares is bought, they get 30% FOC! Not difficult to mark up on reno costs. Many operators get their stuff in Guangdong or Guangzhou. Easily 30-60% savings.

Bear in mind that if a joint is doing well, why the need for investors? If my joint provides me 10-20% returns a month, I rather beg, borrow or steal than invite investors in. I will only consider an investor if he can value add to my biz by bringing in customers.

Apologies. Unable to provide you a clearer picture on Thai joints here as I seldom chiong those places.

Not too familiar with the dynamics involved with opening and running of Thai and Filipino joints. I am au fait with KTV and HFJs.

If you want to invest, best to be physically around or entrust someone to 'protect' your interests. Very easy to get cheated. Even account books can be easily manipulated. I speak from past experience. Friends will cheat friends.

Not sure if 500k is needed to set up something like Sensation. Bear in mind, ALL operators will never tell you the exact costs involved. They will mark it up by at least 30%. Also, there are some who will jio investors to enable themselves 'free share.' For instance, if reno costs 350K and they declare it as 500k, and if 70% shares is bought, they get 30% FOC! Not difficult to mark up on reno costs. Many operators get their stuff in Guangdong or Guangzhou. Easily 30-60% savings.

Bear in mind that if a joint is doing well, why the need for investors? If my joint provides me 10-20% returns a month, I rather beg, borrow or steal than invite investors in. I will only consider an investor if he can value add to my biz by bringing in customers.

Apologies. Unable to provide you a clearer picture on Thai joints here as I seldom chiong those places.

i mean one thai joint in east coast wanted to close down ( contract finish , had 5 bosses in that club , 2 of them have some personal problem so after the club contract they wanted to go and set up their own joint ) and the boss looking for invester to come in and open another joint ..

" Bear in mind, ALL operators will never tell you the exact costs involved. They will mark it up by at least 30%. Also, there are some who will jio investors to enable themselves 'free share.' For instance, if reno costs 350K and they declare it as 500k, and if 70% shares is bought, they get 30% FOC " .

bro..thats what im worrying about ...been in biz for years i know how it works . not only HFJ do that ..

i thought thai HFJ and PRC HFJ operate the same way ?

" Many operators get their stuff in Guangdong or Guangzhou. Easily 30-60% savings " . you mean what kind of stuff ?

i mean one thai joint in east coast wanted to close down ( contract finish , had 5 bosses in that club , 2 of them have some personal problem so after the club contract they wanted to go and set up their own joint ) and the boss looking for invester to come in and open another joint ..

" Bear in mind, ALL operators will never tell you the exact costs involved. They will mark it up by at least 30%. Also, there are some who will jio investors to enable themselves 'free share.' For instance, if reno costs 350K and they declare it as 500k, and if 70% shares is bought, they get 30% FOC " .

bro..thats what im worrying about ...been in biz for years i know how it works . not only HFJ do that ..

i thought thai HFJ and PRC HFJ operate the same way ?

" Many operators get their stuff in Guangdong or Guangzhou. Easily 30-60% savings " . you mean what kind of stuff ?

From A to Z, you can get it cheap in China - carpet, wallpaper, sofa, table, lightings, decorative pieces etc. Sound system and aircon, get elsewhere.

If the joint you mentioned was doing alright, they would have made a tidy sum. No need to look for investors unless they can value add in other ways (except money). Like almost all businesses, partnership will give you more headache when you make money. Those 'sleeping' partners will be accused of not contributing even though it was agreed upon earlier.

From A to Z, you can get it cheap in China - carpet, wallpaper, sofa, table, lightings, decorative pieces etc. Sound system and aircon, get elsewhere.

If the joint you mentioned was doing alright, they would have made a tidy sum. No need to look for investors unless they can value add in other ways (except money). Like almost all businesses, partnership will give you more headache when you make money. Those 'sleeping' partners will be accused of not contributing even though it was agreed upon earlier.

bro...the contract at the present place goin to expired and investors they themselves dont like each other now ...so they split , all wanted to come out and open another joint . ...thats what i heard .

drifter you're serious about opening a joint in singapore? Wow you're going to need to be physically present in singapore.

bro...the contract at the present place goin to expired and investors they themselves dont like each other now ...so they split , all wanted to come out and open another joint . ...thats what i heard .

Unless you have someone trusted inside, don't get involved. That someone must also be familiar with the biz and must have access to account book.

GD is GD ..good advice bro ..many my friends also advice me not to get involved . maybe i just want a piece of the pie since thai joints are so hot now ..

Nobody seemed to remember a young Sinkie Chinese jumped off a moving taxi along the Ayer Rajah expressway after quarelling with his PRC girlfriend more than ten years ago. No, he did not make it.:biggrin:

just a thought about those HFJ ...as for food biz im going ahead with it .