• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Cum Nobody Cheers for 25% Electricity cuts?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electricity prices to be cut by 25%

Fri, Dec 05, 2008
The Straits Times
By Liaw Wy-Cin

ELECTRICITY prices for the next three months will fall 25 per cent next month, as oil prices continue to slide.

Three-room Housing Board households will see their average monthly power bills fall by about $20, while five-roomers will pay about $34 less.

News of the cut, the first decline since April last year in the quarterly-adjusted tariffs, was a welcome respite for businesses grappling with the economic downturn and rising costs.

A few months ago up 23% now cut 25% so its only 2% for discount. What brilliant sales tactic, Up the price first before giving discount!:oIo:

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know how they peg the fuel price at $92 , when the price of crude is now less then $50. How much in advance did they buy, at least be open if you screwed up big time. Buying future oil at 92 bucks, any money go into any pocket.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
You Mad ah! Celebrate? Phooeeey!

Garment do "ang mo seou" you still celebrate?

No celebrations show that S;poreans tell garment we see through your bluffs.

They farking screwing you ok.

25% based on what? Needless increase 22% than decrease 25% when oil prices fallen by 60%. Further more, we use GAS from natuna pipeline not oil to generate electricity ok.

Sell all our power plants to foreigners. The buyers all sure kenna screwed.

Nuclear Power Plants for Singapore next? Thats why they sell current plants?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electricity prices to be cut by 25%

Fri, Dec 05, 2008
The Straits Times
By Liaw Wy-Cin

ELECTRICITY prices for the next three months will fall 25 per cent next month, as oil prices continue to slide.

Three-room Housing Board households will see their average monthly power bills fall by about $20, while five-roomers will pay about $34 less.

News of the cut, the first decline since April last year in the quarterly-adjusted tariffs, was a welcome respite for businesses grappling with the economic downturn and rising costs.

A few months ago up 23% now cut 25% so its only 2% for discount. What brilliant sales tactic, Up the price first before giving discount!:oIo:

It shouldn't have increase in the 1st place, so now is just reduce to the level of what it should be. And we have already lose the 22% for the past 3 months.

In fact it should be even reduce further, but somehow these forwarding fuel price is always making us paying much higher then the actual price of crude oil.

I am expecting to see another at least 25% reduction for the next quarter.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me forcefully take sumting away fr u ... u muz guai-guai diam-diam dun make noise ...

me hv enuf fun of tekaning u ... now me gif it back 2 u ... u muz thank me 4 giving it back 2 u ... :rolleyes:

:oIo:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
instead of cheering, I am fuming. What a limp wrist gesture of offering a 25%cut. The stupid scholars in the whatever-fuck agency should be sacked for coming up with such cuckoo formula for deriving rates.

For the last six months - Sep 08 to Dec 08 - electricity rose by 21%. Now they offer to cut 25% for the next 3 quarters --> so net effect, there is a net drop of 4% (at end of Mar 2009) vis-a-vis what you pay in Aug 08.

But if you look at oil prices, u reckon they will reach their peak of 150 a barrel in Mar 2009? They are now currently around 55 per barrel - which is a 170% drop in prices mind you. And we are offered only a 3% discount?

FUCK I say. And I did not talk about the inflation - which is what, 7 - 8 %?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why peg price at $92? Oil is now below $50! And we have been paying 3 months of $150 oil price when oil costed $50! PROFITEERING!

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am disgusted at why we are made to pay for scholar's lousy prediction and maths which earned them the scholarship in the first place. Oil price should bepredicted at most USD50 not USD 92. Especially after they earnedso much from us for USD150 oil which they bought at USD50!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup! profiteering is the word!

When commodities' prices goes up, food costs all go up.
When commodities' prices goes down, the food costs never comes down.

We saw coffee prices go up, we saw fishball noodles add $0.50
But when oil prices, commodities comes down, the price never comes down.
It's a chance for people to increase and sustain.

That is why not even SP Power is profiteering. Every business right down to the common hawkers are doing the same thing :o

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why not even SP Power is profiteering. Every business right down to the common hawkers are doing the same thing :o

Hawkers have competition, but your owner makes sure there is NONE through political gangsterism. Once a running dog, always a running dog. Fortunately, people are not stupid.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal

How does the value in the Singapore dollar factor in your analysis!

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Partly agree & disagree. It all depends on econs - supply vs demands. There are some businesses that aren't really recession proof, and they have to eat humble pie in times like these. Others that feast on demands, shall have the better bargain for margins when crisis strikes.

example: in times of crisis & embargo, prices of food supplies can sky rocket.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what's there to cheer about? eveytime i receive my monthly bill, my heart flutters!knn! so bloody high!!! cut here and cut there, also bloody high!!! soon the bill will hit the roof!!!