• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally those who cannot travel are:

Bankrupts, Government loan defaulters especially those who took education loans, Income tax defaulters,
obviously criminals on the loose and nuisance ones too. Normal people should not worry about it.

However, this website does not apply to Malaysians in Sabah and Sarawak. They have their own Immigration laws and many people are not permitted to enter Sarawak or Sabah even though they are Malaysians. Remember, Passport is a privilege and not a right.

I was told there are some 800k citizens on the list.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone have any good recommendation where I can custom-make a teak dining table?

I used to get my stuff from Gotic Teak in KL but I think it is closed already. Not sure in JB.

You can try http://www.ethnicraft-online.com.my/teak-furniture/kitchen-n-dining based in Petaling Jaya.

Dining tables can be found exstock easily (mine is nearly 7 ft length), no need to make custom make unless special measurements.

I have a custom made cupboard size 300 x 500 x1000ht and it cost me about RM3500. Price is nearly 2x the price of those exstock ones.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to get my stuff from Gotic Teak in KL but I think it is closed already. Not sure in JB.

You can try http://www.ethnicraft-online.com.my/teak-furniture/kitchen-n-dining based in Petaling Jaya.

Dining tables can be found exstock easily (mine is nearly 7 ft length), no need to make custom make unless special measurements.

I have a custom made cupboard size 300 x 500 x1000ht and it cost me about RM3500. Price is nearly 2x the price of those exstock ones.

Thanks bro tekkun. I'll check it out.

transient

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to provide for hot water showers only, there are water heaters in the market with built in pumps you can consider.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much AHGS14 and Tekkun. I've decided to perhaps buy water heaters with built in pumps after considering your "waterfall" experiences (!!) and talking to my neighbors. :biggrin:

superxian

Hi all.

I am new here. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for electricians and also contractors to install window/door grilles and kitchen cabinets?

Much thanks.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all.

I am new here. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for electricians and also contractors to install window/door grilles and kitchen cabinets?

Much thanks.

Kang Steel for steel grilles
Hong Lee for Aluminium grilles
Go to BMS near Tebrau City and there are some shops where you might find what you need.

Dinarissa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi.

We need someone to help install a new water heater (the last one broke down) and also.. the aircon needs repairs..

We live at Skudai area.. anyone has lobang?

Thanks!

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys , where you guys buy sofa in JB ?

Avoid Milan nearby Bestmart/Mc Donald.They are not honest people..they quote high prices and gave you 'discount'.You only realize it's not a good price after sitting down down doing calculations and after inspecting closely the quality .Then sent to my home broken dining chairs and told me to collect from their shop cos delivery is for 1 trip only.Avoid them...

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Megahome exhibition at Persada a good place to buy furniture?
Just to share. I bought my sofa set, 3 beds, fridge, TV, wooden doors, aircons & condensers, etc. at various times from Persada exhibitions. Went there on many occasions. Do a lot of research on the prices and what I needed. If I had to buy all these from various shops, I would have to travel a lot and for long distances! Some of the items I bought are from a Singapore company trying to go into Malaysia market - turns out that they are the biggest disappointments! Many of the Malaysian companies are actually quite reliable. Some of these exhibitions are organised by the trade people who apparently "pre-qualified" the exhibitors (e.g. members of furniture associations, etc.).
Usually can bargain some more, even with the heavily discounted sale prices, especially if you are buying a lot of stuffs. If not a reduction in price, you can get additional freebies. And usually free delivery or minimal amount.

Few points to note:
1. Pay the minimum deposit, usually with cheque. This is to minimise your loss if there are problems later (so far, no problems from Persada suppliers, except the Singapore company I mentioned but they have decided not to go into Malaysia market. Even they finally delivered, just many months later than promised!).
2. I collect all the brochures in the early morning "quick walk" around all the various exhibitors, on things I wanted. Then sit at the coffee area and go through those brochures in detail without a sales person on my back. Also allows me some time to Google the supplier's website to review their reputations/ customer's reviews.
3. Always park in the paid car park. Don't follow the herd and park for "free" on the roadsides. Your trip to Persada can last almost a whole day, including lunch. Don't stinge on the parking fees and also use a steering lock!
4. Some suppliers are from far away, such as KL or other northern parts of Malaysia, with no shops or offices in Johor. I avoid using these suppliers as it may be difficult to contact them if there are problems, e.g. no show on delivery dates, warranty claims, etc. I stick to suppliers with Johor addresses. Even these may be very far up north of Johor.

Hope this helps.

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. I bought my sofa set, 3 beds, fridge, TV, wooden doors, aircons & condensers, etc. at various times from Persada exhibitions. Went there on many occasions. Do a lot of research on the prices and what I needed. If I had to buy all these from various shops, I would have to travel a lot and for long distances! Some of the items I bought are from a Singapore company trying to go into Malaysia market - turns out that they are the biggest disappointments! Many of the Malaysian companies are actually quite reliable. Some of these exhibitions are organised by the trade people who apparently "pre-qualified" the exhibitors (e.g. members of furniture associations, etc.).
Usually can bargain some more, even with the heavily discounted sale prices, especially if you are buying a lot of stuffs. If not a reduction in price, you can get additional freebies. And usually free delivery or minimal amount.

Few points to note:
1. Pay the minimum deposit, usually with cheque. This is to minimise your loss if there are problems later (so far, no problems from Persada suppliers, except the Singapore company I mentioned but they have decided not to go into Malaysia market. Even they finally delivered, just many months later than promised!).
2. I collect all the brochures in the early morning "quick walk" around all the various exhibitors, on things I wanted. Then sit at the coffee area and go through those brochures in detail without a sales person on my back. Also allows me some time to Google the supplier's website to review their reputations/ customer's reviews.
3. Always park in the paid car park. Don't follow the herd and park for "free" on the roadsides. Your trip to Persada can last almost a whole day, including lunch. Don't stinge on the parking fees and also use a steering lock!
4. Some suppliers are from far away, such as KL or other northern parts of Malaysia, with no shops or offices in Johor. I avoid using these suppliers as it may be difficult to contact them if there are problems, e.g. no show on delivery dates, warranty claims, etc. I stick to suppliers with Johor addresses. Even these may be very far up north of Johor.

Hope this helps.
Thks for yr sharing.. very useful for my first time furniture shopping in jb.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have not done renovation for a while. Would like to check if the following rates are reasonable -

1. Down light point (looping), including light installation exclude light RM 70 each point
2. Install fan RM50
3. False ceiling, living + 2 bedrooms for 1000sqft house. RM 4900
4. Whole unit painting (internal walls and ceiling) RM 4000

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I would like to install Kitchen Cabinets and Cupboards that are made of full Aluminum. Can someone recommend a good, reliable and reasonable price supplier / installer? Cupboards made of wood get moist and moldy easily.

Would appreciate as well if somebody is able to recommend a reasonably good Removal from Singapore to Johor. I don't really have a lot of stuff. Just about perhaps 30 boxes and 3 big luggage, TV console and 2 Coffee tables. Thx!

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Few points to note:

Hope this helps.

A sneek peek at what's available at HomeFair @ Persada this weekend:

https://www.facebook.com/HOMEFAiR/photos/pcb.10159216425845405/10159216392990405/?type=3&theater