• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Andhika

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey All you JB home owners!

Regardless of whether you purchased HH, Setia Tropika, East Ledang, etc etc, I believe you all had to do up the renovations before moving in right? Some questions re this:

1) Who did you engage?
2) How much was it?
3) Any problems?
4) Things to note?
5) Any inputs?

Do advise. Much appreciated!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey All you JB home owners!

Regardless of whether you purchased HH, Setia Tropika, East Ledang, etc etc, I believe you all had to do up the renovations before moving in right? Some questions re this:

1) Who did you engage? - Someone that was neither from the developer nor from the agent
2) How much was it? - Averages 60k to 200k depending on the purpose, own stay or for rental
3) Any problems? - Yes some tenants may delay payment sometimes and smoke in the aircon plus dirty the place - Nothing that a tin of paint and aircon maintenance won't fix
4) Things to note? - Always check the manhole first (for landed) before starting reno, if you have time, always wait for defects to be all fixed up BEFORE starting renovation. Always ask them to seal any gaps twice especially for pagoda/awnings as they will tend to leak after a while. Fix the heavy stuff like aircon and additional wiring/power points first and then do the rest of the stuff like grilles, etc. Leave curtains and other fragile items like furniture to the last.
5) Any inputs? - Parquet flooring - Sure gone with any extensive renovation unless your guy is good enough to put cardboad or protective covering on the stairs, etc.
Do advise. Much appreciated!

Inputs on top. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi, why check man hole first? Is it some developer typical defect?

Just in case developer contractors(orginal builders/defect rectification guys, threw rubbish and concrete down there rather then carting it away.
Most developers will disavow any flooding or choke issues once you start renovation so checking this is essential for everyone. If manhole is found
to be severely choked, then it is developer contractors issues and their responsibility to clear it.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my case, my contractor found that there is no pipe leading from the house to the manhole.. I thought that is common issues here.. what cannot see will be treated as ok..

Just in case developer contractors(orginal builders/defect rectification guys, threw rubbish and concrete down there rather then carting it away.
Most developers will disavow any flooding or choke issues once you start renovation so checking this is essential for everyone. If manhole is found
to be severely choked, then it is developer contractors issues and their responsibility to clear it.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my case, my contractor found that there is no pipe leading from the house to the manhole.. I thought that is common issues here.. what cannot see will be treated as ok..

Bro, you're at HH The Hills right, when doing VP, this would not have been detected, so did HH Township rectify the problem.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro arsenal,

So, where does your waste flow to then?

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This manhole thing reminded me of something very funny.

Many years ago, my friend's parents bought a house in KL in this Golf and Country Club called Sungei Long. Houses there were very nice. The only major problem with some of the houses was that the manhole was smacked right inside the guest room.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
This manhole thing reminded me of something very funny.

Many years ago, my friend's parents bought a house in KL in this Golf and Country Club called Sungei Long. Houses there were very nice. The only major problem with some of the houses was that the manhole was smacked right inside the guest room.

:*: :biggrin: Bro CameraMan, that's a good one, I bet you're friends parents had a hard time trying to convince the developer that there was something wrong.......

Last edited:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer responded by saying that the manhole is actually a panic room in disguise. They can squeeze into it during events of illegal intrusion. Just kidding.

Fortunately for my friend, the manhole of his house is located at its rightful place.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer responded by saying that the manhole is actually a panic room in disguise. They can squeeze into it during events of illegal intrusion. Just kidding.

Fortunately for my friend, the manhole of his house is located at its rightful place.

Bro you are killing me......!!!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH after their investigation, said they need to find some contractors working on new development to give face and help... Because the contractor is doing HH a favour, when to do it is up to them.. HH will react only when my temperature to raise... While waiting for their favour, I have asked my contractor to settle.. I felt the HH service standard suck... That is why UEM is not in the list of top 10 developers in malaysia..

Bro, you're at HH The Hills right, when doing VP, this would not have been detected, so did HH Township rectify the problem.

Andhika

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u all actually engage a single ID or different contractors? I am doing basic reno like air con / lightings / built in cabinets for kitchen and wardrobe for master. I do have intention to lay artificial grass but not sure if should do it one shot or to another time.

Any of u have any reliable contractors / IDs to recommend?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Actually that is really bad if true, so far only case i have heard as though i had initial 1-2 cases of flooding, it wasn't as bad. Contractor told me to just tell them this, please check, your tape inside is still there and blocking the pipes. They had to clear it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HH after their investigation, said they need to find some contractors working on new development to give face and help... Because the contractor is doing HH a favour, when to do it is up to them.. HH will react only when my temperature to raise... While waiting for their favour, I have asked my contractor to settle.. I felt the HH service standard suck... That is why UEM is not in the list of top 10 developers in malaysia..

Agree, especially with the older unsold units where they don't really have the 2 year coverage anymore. The other way out is to ask contractors to absorb the cost, since its almost always part of their cost factoring when quoting you, for most minor issues they won't mind doing.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro I understood is as Gamuda is the builder/developer of HH, and UEM owned the land that HH is built on. It's a JV development by both these companies. Correct me if I misunderstood. UEM is developing, EL, LH, Imperia Puteri Harbour and I believe JV of Medini.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are right. These 2 companies buddy buddy so I thought Gamuda own the land and UEM is the developer. HH is indeed developed by Gamuda..

Bro I understood is as Gamuda is the builder/developer of HH, and UEM owned the land that HH is built on. It's a JV development by both these companies. Correct me if I misunderstood. UEM is developing, EL, LH, Imperia Puteri Harbour and I believe JV of Medini.