Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,701 to 1,714 of 1714

Thread: Renovation to your homes

  1. #1701
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    471
    My Reputation Points: 118 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Does anyone have any good recommendation where I can custom-make a teak dining table?

  2. #1702
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,878
    My Reputation Points: 283 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Does anyone have any good recommendation where I can custom-make a teak dining table?
    I used to get my stuff from Gotic Teak in KL but I think it is closed already. Not sure in JB.

    You can try http://www.ethnicraft-online.com.my/...tchen-n-dining based in Petaling Jaya.

    Dining tables can be found exstock easily (mine is nearly 7 ft length), no need to make custom make unless special measurements.

    I have a custom made cupboard size 300 x 500 x1000ht and it cost me about RM3500. Price is nearly 2x the price of those exstock ones.

  3. #1703
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    471
    My Reputation Points: 118 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkun View Post
    I used to get my stuff from Gotic Teak in KL but I think it is closed already. Not sure in JB.

    You can try http://www.ethnicraft-online.com.my/...tchen-n-dining based in Petaling Jaya.

    Dining tables can be found exstock easily (mine is nearly 7 ft length), no need to make custom make unless special measurements.

    I have a custom made cupboard size 300 x 500 x1000ht and it cost me about RM3500. Price is nearly 2x the price of those exstock ones.
    Thanks bro tekkun. I'll check it out.

  4. #1704
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    17
    My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    If you want to provide for hot water showers only, there are water heaters in the market with built in pumps you can consider.[/QUOTE]

    Thanks so much AHGS14 and Tekkun. I've decided to perhaps buy water heaters with built in pumps after considering your "waterfall" experiences (!!) and talking to my neighbors.

  5. #1705
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Hi all.

    I am new here. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for electricians and also contractors to install window/door grilles and kitchen cabinets?

    Much thanks.

  6. #1706
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,905
    My Reputation Points: 524 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by superxian View Post
    Hi all.

    I am new here. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for electricians and also contractors to install window/door grilles and kitchen cabinets?

    Much thanks.
    Kang Steel for steel grilles
    Hong Lee for Aluminium grilles
    Go to BMS near Tebrau City and there are some shops where you might find what you need.

  7. #1707
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    15
    My Reputation Points: 400 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Hi.

    We need someone to help install a new water heater (the last one broke down) and also.. the aircon needs repairs..

    We live at Skudai area.. anyone has lobang?

    Thanks!

  8. #1708
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    My Reputation Points: 15 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Any members here can recommended a good internet fibre wire Man

    installer?

  9. #1709
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,603
    My Reputation Points: 367 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Guys , where you guys buy sofa in JB ?

  10. #1710
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    299
    My Reputation Points: 50 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by congo9 View Post
    Guys , where you guys buy sofa in JB ?
    The 3 vendors below carry quite good selections and are quite reputable. The prices may be higher than others; but from time to time, they do often some good bargains during sales.
    http://www.rozel.com.my/
    http://www.lorenzo-international.com/
    http://rustica.com.my/

  11. #1711
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    118
    My Reputation Points: 422 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by congo9 View Post
    Guys , where you guys buy sofa in JB ?
    Avoid Milan nearby Bestmart/Mc Donald.They are not honest people..they quote high prices and gave you 'discount'.You only realize it's not a good price after sitting down down doing calculations and after inspecting closely the quality .Then sent to my home broken dining chairs and told me to collect from their shop cos delivery is for 1 trip only.Avoid them...

  12. #1712
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    My Reputation Points: 11 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Is Megahome exhibition at Persada a good place to buy furniture?

  13. #1713
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    171
    My Reputation Points: 101 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by pslim View Post
    Is Megahome exhibition at Persada a good place to buy furniture?
    Just to share. I bought my sofa set, 3 beds, fridge, TV, wooden doors, aircons & condensers, etc. at various times from Persada exhibitions. Went there on many occasions. Do a lot of research on the prices and what I needed. If I had to buy all these from various shops, I would have to travel a lot and for long distances! Some of the items I bought are from a Singapore company trying to go into Malaysia market - turns out that they are the biggest disappointments! Many of the Malaysian companies are actually quite reliable. Some of these exhibitions are organised by the trade people who apparently "pre-qualified" the exhibitors (e.g. members of furniture associations, etc.).
    Usually can bargain some more, even with the heavily discounted sale prices, especially if you are buying a lot of stuffs. If not a reduction in price, you can get additional freebies. And usually free delivery or minimal amount.

    Few points to note:
    1. Pay the minimum deposit, usually with cheque. This is to minimise your loss if there are problems later (so far, no problems from Persada suppliers, except the Singapore company I mentioned but they have decided not to go into Malaysia market. Even they finally delivered, just many months later than promised!).
    2. I collect all the brochures in the early morning "quick walk" around all the various exhibitors, on things I wanted. Then sit at the coffee area and go through those brochures in detail without a sales person on my back. Also allows me some time to Google the supplier's website to review their reputations/ customer's reviews.
    3. Always park in the paid car park. Don't follow the herd and park for "free" on the roadsides. Your trip to Persada can last almost a whole day, including lunch. Don't stinge on the parking fees and also use a steering lock!
    4. Some suppliers are from far away, such as KL or other northern parts of Malaysia, with no shops or offices in Johor. I avoid using these suppliers as it may be difficult to contact them if there are problems, e.g. no show on delivery dates, warranty claims, etc. I stick to suppliers with Johor addresses. Even these may be very far up north of Johor.

    Hope this helps.
    .
    Don't buy the house. Buy the neighborhood.

  14. #1714
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    My Reputation Points: 11 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Renovation to your homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Legolad View Post
    Just to share. I bought my sofa set, 3 beds, fridge, TV, wooden doors, aircons & condensers, etc. at various times from Persada exhibitions. Went there on many occasions. Do a lot of research on the prices and what I needed. If I had to buy all these from various shops, I would have to travel a lot and for long distances! Some of the items I bought are from a Singapore company trying to go into Malaysia market - turns out that they are the biggest disappointments! Many of the Malaysian companies are actually quite reliable. Some of these exhibitions are organised by the trade people who apparently "pre-qualified" the exhibitors (e.g. members of furniture associations, etc.).
    Usually can bargain some more, even with the heavily discounted sale prices, especially if you are buying a lot of stuffs. If not a reduction in price, you can get additional freebies. And usually free delivery or minimal amount.

    Few points to note:
    1. Pay the minimum deposit, usually with cheque. This is to minimise your loss if there are problems later (so far, no problems from Persada suppliers, except the Singapore company I mentioned but they have decided not to go into Malaysia market. Even they finally delivered, just many months later than promised!).
    2. I collect all the brochures in the early morning "quick walk" around all the various exhibitors, on things I wanted. Then sit at the coffee area and go through those brochures in detail without a sales person on my back. Also allows me some time to Google the supplier's website to review their reputations/ customer's reviews.
    3. Always park in the paid car park. Don't follow the herd and park for "free" on the roadsides. Your trip to Persada can last almost a whole day, including lunch. Don't stinge on the parking fees and also use a steering lock!
    4. Some suppliers are from far away, such as KL or other northern parts of Malaysia, with no shops or offices in Johor. I avoid using these suppliers as it may be difficult to contact them if there are problems, e.g. no show on delivery dates, warranty claims, etc. I stick to suppliers with Johor addresses. Even these may be very far up north of Johor.

    Hope this helps.
    .
    Thks for yr sharing.. very useful for my first time furniture shopping in jb.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. House renovation cost
    By 1sickpuppy in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 26-07-2012, 04:19 PM
  2. tekka mkt after renovation even more stink.. LOL
    By BusNo64 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 10:15 PM
  3. Tekka mkt biz bad after renovation..WTF
    By BusNo64 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 06:54 PM
  4. Msian FTrash Manager Stole $10k for House Renovation!
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2009, 03:06 AM
  5. Renovation contractor and Interior designer to recommend
    By wizard in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-09-2009, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •